Discuss Nicolas Kuhn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are eyeing a January move for Rapid Vienna winger Nicolas Kuhn.

SunSport understands the Hoops have been tracking the 24-year-old German this season.

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to bolster his attacking options in the coming weeks.

Former Ajax and Bayern Munich prospect Kuhn, who can also play as a striker, has emerged on the Hoops’ radar after impressing with Rapid.

The Austrians paid around £500,000 for him 18 months ago and are expected to ask for at least four times that.

Speaking after Saturday’s win over Rangers, Rodgers said he was ‘focused’ on Celtic’s hunt for quality signings and has already challenged his scouting department to improve the standard of player at the club.

The weekend Old Firm win over Gers has eased the pressure on Celts at the top of the table.

But asked what fans can expect this month, Rodgers said: “I don’t know. I’ll tell you once they’re announced, once they’re in. I’m relaxed but focused. I want quality.

“And that’s what we need to improve.”

Kuhn started his career as a kid at RB Leipzig before moving to Ajax and Bayern. The Germany Under-20 cap then joined Rapid Vienna in 2022 and has starred in the Austrian Bundesliga.

A left-sided winger in the mould of Patrick Roberts, the attacker prefers to play off the right.

Kuhn has three goals and seven assists in 22 appearances for Rapid this season and has emerged as a key man.

Capped at every youth level by Germany, he was hailed as a child prodigy as clubs battled for his signature.

Ajax signed him from RB Leipzig for £1.8million five years ago, but he failed to make a first-team breakthrough.

Bayern brought him back to Germany in 2020 but he was limited to B-team games.

Kuhn then moved to Rapid 18 months ago and has now established himself as a regular.

Data and scouting site Wyscout recently named him as one of the top 12 ‘chance creators’ in world football. Kuhn is under contract until 2026 but the prospect of a move to Celtic is likely to appeal.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. The Celtbot

Kühn was described by the Bundesliga website as "a player who loves nothing more than to have the ball at his feet and dribble at his opponents, Kühn resembles a Coman type of player. With a high level of confidence, Kühn is not afraid to take risks by seeking one-on-ones and taking on his opponents, using his pace and excellent close control to deadly effect. Kühn is also a rather rare commodity in being left-footed, but he is equally at home on the left or the right, or even behind the strikers as a support man."

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The Don, martin_d and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes please

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * perfect. Get it done.

5. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I'd imagine there's something in this given that he can also play as a striker.

6. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

This is more like it!

AdamRS likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

The kinda players we should be going for..

Great pedigree. Didn't quite live up to it at big clubs and has went away to a lesser league to do it. Still only 24 and likely won't cost a fortune..

Looks a bit of a baller who has an eye for a pass. Is quick and can finish. Left footed and versatile..

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Sounds great..

A posted earlier i wanted a winger who could go by a man with ease and commit people. He looks to have that guile and being left footed....all major plus points..

1 of the scout link comments on the video above had him as one of the best under 5 mill rated wingers of 2022 or something..

NakamuraTastic and martin_d like this.
  9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  11. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    "A left-sided winger in the mould of Patrick Roberts, the attacker prefers to play off the right"

You what ?

12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Left footer who plays on the right wing.

13. JamesM09

They mean he’s left footed and plays on the right.

StainseyBhoy likes this.
  14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Looks good.

15. JamesM09

Throwing in my two cents..

I’m not totally against a signing like this but I think it’s still closer to the prospect side than the more established player we could use to upgrade us.

If we hadn’t bloated the squad so much in the summer then this signing would be a good medium level punt to me. Since we did, right now I’d try to go for a bit more established quality.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Good pedigree as a young player.

Would be open to this. I was buzzing about signing Shved though so, judgement completely reserved.

Would still like a couple players with more physicality about them. He's another slight player, even if he is a winger.

I'd also throw him more into the project category still despite his age.

17. JamesM09

That’s how I feel.

I said on another thread if feels like all our signings in the summer had roughly one average-to-decent season in a fairly average league when we’ve signed them.

I think given the number of signings roughly in that mould, we should be looking to add a couple of players with a number of good seasons under their belt.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye I'd agree.

He's turned 24 and has less than 80 first team games. Fair he's been at some big clubs but still, this seems to be the first season he's put it all together. Simular to Kvistgaarden in that we'd be buying off the back of a breakout 6 months or so.

That's really risky. Normally all for those kinda risks but we need as close to established quality as we can possibly get.

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. saltire78

Not disagreeing, but in rebuttal, how often do you get multi-capped German forwards for about £2M? That's gotta put him in the lower risk, higher reward range of taking chances...

James Mc and NakamuraTastic like this.
  20. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Finally, finally getting linked to left-footed right-wingers!

SET BOABY TAE STAUNER!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.