1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Kuhn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Jan 1, 2024.

Discuss Nicolas Kuhn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He goes against what I wanted us to recruit this window in terms of experience … however if he’s got any end product to match its set boaby to stauner.

2. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Austrian league is better than ours, and he has 7 goal contributions (2G, 5A) in 16 appearances there this term; nearly 1 in every 2 appearances.

That’s about as established as we’re going to get in a 24 y/o playing a position as erratic as winger often can be.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If £2m is rhe price then aye, less risk. I noticed that mentioned in the article but it seems incredibly low.

4. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    is it that much of a better league? How is he at breaking down the low block packed defence this is a big thing we need to look at when buying players.

99% of our games are trying to break down a low block and we should be looking at players who can do that.

not saying this lad can’t just think it should be something we take into consideration more I’m all for it if it means we never see MJ again

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    That's how I feel about this myself. We brought in Yang and Tilio. Bringing in this guy I feel we'd still need another winger in. I actually think he's be a decent signing.

I'm not even sure he's be cheap, 4m possibly. He's essentially what should have been bought instead of Yang and Tilio.

NakamuraTastic, James Mc and JamesM09 like this.
  6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Its up to Rodgers to manage the team against a low block with what he has, so as long this guy fits his system then that's up to him ultimately - buying players based on a specific tactic won't work. We need any players we sign to play the total opposite way in Europe where we will often be starved of possession for periods and have to be able to hit on the counter.

If he's got potential and the manager wants him then get it done.

Tommy25 and martin_d like this.
  7. JamesM09

But look what you’ve said mate. 16 appearances.

Is that really “as established as we’re going to get”?

Is that how little we think of ourselves now? Doesn’t that sound a bit ridiculous?

Like others are saying, I don’t think it’s necessarily a terrible signing, but in the context of who we’ve signed recently for the wings I think a more experienced player would be better. Not every signing has to be a diamond in the rough. We need to get out of this way of thinking.

8. oh bhoy

rodgers says he needs quality not more projects ,this would be yet another cheap punt

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I'm afraid I'm with the minority on here.

He certainly fits the profile of what we need, but I'll reserve judgement, as like @Mr Shelby , I got hyped about Shved.

I think this is more a punt than a promise. And 2m seems incredibly low for someone so hyped.

NakamuraTastic and DonnyCelt like this.
  10. DonnyCelt

Obviously has talent due to bayern and ajax links. He already plays in a more competitive league in Austria as has already been stated.

An immediate upgrade on Yang and Tilio.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Top 12 in chance creations in world football?

I'd say exactly what we need.

12. PaddyJamieson

13. apevrak

Getting Boerrigter vibes looking at his injury history. I fear he'll spend more time in the physio room than on the park if we sign him.

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I like the look of him in the video and I think I probably side the with the people on here who are still a wee bit worried about the amount of game time he has had at the age of 24. No doubt, he's really seemed to kick on this year and his stats are good so far but he could be having a whirlwind few months where everything is going for him.

I do like the look of him though and I think 24, in isolation, is the perfect age to bring someone in because they're usually established players at that point in their career. A bit like the 24 year old South Korean, Jung. It wasn't that I didn't like what I saw, I just wasn't sure if at 24, he had enough games under his belt to not be considered a project and I personally think you're a project if you're 21 and under. Why would you want to sign a 24 year old project.

On the flip side to that, he might have finally found his feet at a club, where he wasn't at a huge club like Bayern and Ajax, and is finally getting the minutes. I can see why we are after him. They way you beat a low block is by having players in your team who can beat their man, play killer passes, whip good balls into the box... he seems to have all that. If we delay in getting him in, he might have another 6 month period where he plays well and then he's more than likely out of our budget. Remember, Abada and Jota only really had one full season before we picked them up. Granted, they were younger but Abada especially, we paid £4m for him. Apparently this guy is available for half of that.

I didn't think we necessarily needed a RW this window and would have been happy to wait until the summer but if the club sees a deal like this, I can understand why we are interested. I think people are rightly cautious over it, although he does excite me, looking at the videos of him.

15. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Id rather we were going for his Teammate Marco Grüll (25) Austrian international, he's out of contract at the end of the season 12 goals 6 assists this season in 23 games.

Primarily a left winger but plays right and CF as well.

298 appearances 118 goals 66 assists (including youth time in those stats)

16. saltire78

I've no idea mate, but the article said he was bought for 500k and they'd want over 4 times that... Unless I misread it...

Edit: like it looks like I misread your reply... :52:

17. saltire78

Not sure it's a 'punt', but it's definitely a development move... At only £2M for an international player from a top country it's very much picking an apple straight from the tree, but I think there's a lot to be said for us needing experience in our squad right now...

For me, if the price stayed under £2.5M I'd say he's a 'good' risk, as we'd be unlikely to lose anything on a resell, even if it doesn't work out. If it goes over £3.5M I'd be cagey. In between is 'grey area's based on scouts/coaches

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think he'd be far better, even if he costs more. He's been performing for 4 seasons now with a goal contribution every other game. Even if he cost £8m I think he'd be worth it.

James Mc likes this.
  19. saltire78

This is a massive point... We need proper scouting, not just vids of highlights... Why's hi not played, how's his fitness/injuries, what's his attitude/professionalism? There's a lot of stuff we need to review on the younger players as they transition to their mature playing careers that we've been sloppy on before...

NakamuraTastic and Big Shoes like this.
  20. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye, track record of success and versatile across the front. I doubt he'd be anywhere near 8 mil though, especially if his contract is up in June, no idea if they have options or anything in there, I just saw that on Transfermarkt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.