Discuss Zero Zero Zero in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Good watch for anyone who likes modern mafia and cartel shows, yet it's not as cheesy and action-packed as stuff like Narcos, Yankee or The Sopranos.
    I believe in the UK you can get it on Sky, thus far only 1 season and strangely not well publicised.

Very slick, well made programme which isn't particularly original but at least covers different countries and not the usual stuck in one place. I like the fact it's trilingual and the acting from all non-American characters is sound.

Anybody seen it?

trackebhoy likes this.
  2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Was going to check this out because I read the other day that it was Roberto Saviano who wrote this and he also wrote Gomorrah.

I was a massive fan of the Gomorrah tv series so I just knew I had to check this out.

Also need to watch the Immortal film as well.

3. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Watched it when it finished. Thought it was really good. As you said wasn't advertised very well.

4. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Not Gomorra level mate but tbh I don't think anything is except The Wire. Many of the same behind the scenes Gomorra people worked on this and you can tell from cinematography etc. L'immortale was decent too just a * finding english subtitles lol, must be about on DVD by now.

Also the Zero Zero Zero soundtrack is really nice and by Mogwai - good tims!

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t normally watch a lot of Tv series but I was hooked on Gomorrah from the first episode. Definitely my favourite series ever. Can’t wait for the new season to come out!

I watched a couple of episodes of the Wire but I couldn’t really get into it. I was finding it really slow but a few people have told me to persist with it which I will. I have seen too many people recommend it to not give it a proper chance!

Didn’t know that. Will have to give the soundtrack a listen :50:

AwesomeCaz likes this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Maltese: The Mafia Detective is very good on E4. Part of the Walter Presents... It’s an Italian Series about the Sicilian Mafia in the 70s and from the makers of Gomorrah I believe.

AwesomeCaz and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

If it’s from the makers of Gomorrah it must be good! Will give this a try :50:

packybhoy likes this.
  8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I can't find the L'immortale film anywhere...
    Anyone got a link?...I'm itching to see it.