1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yang Hyun Jun

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Jul 14, 2023.

Discuss Yang Hyun Jun in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He does have something about him, final ball poor/decision making poor but he may develop.

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers reckons South Korean starlet Yang Hyun-Jun can have a bright future at Celtic.

The 21-year-old was one of ten summer arrivals at Parkhead and he's managed to rack up 23 appearances so far. But with just one goal and assist to his name, the £2.1million signing from Gangwon FC has plenty of room for improvement. Yang has shown flashes of his ability during his first six months in Glasgow but has struggled for consistency.

The attacker and fellow countryman Oh Hyeongyu recently returned to Lennoxtown having represented South Korea in the Asian Cup. The pair made cameos from the bench in Sunday's 2-0 Scottish Cup win over St Mirren and Rodgers is confident Yang can develop into a top player for the Hoops.

The manager told Celtic TV: "He's a player that I think can do really well. It's just a case of bringing him in. He's come in predominantly having played on the right side.

But the more I see him in training, he can play on the right, but I think he's better suited off the left so when he comes into the game, he has that running ability.

He has areas to improve, awareness of when to release the pass and make the cross, but these are all items that will come with more work and development. But I love his attitude and I love the energy that he brings to the game and he will continuously improve I'm sure."

3. oh bhoy

rodgers thinks hes the * player whisperer

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yo be fair, he's hardly gonna say "Yang's a bit gash lads" in a media interview. Less so a club recorded one :56:

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was getting jota. Ended up with yang. Poor * :56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Imagine a manager believing he can develop a young player and make them better

HTG and Dublin Celt like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If Rodgers thinks he can develop and improve then I'll trust his opinion and hope for the best, even if I haven't seen it myself.

Random Review and neilly1987 like this.
  8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Rodgers has actually really dodged false praise of players at the club since being back. can only really think of oriley Idah and yang he's spoken positively about when it comes to the younger players.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Oh bhoy indeed.

Alternative take - the manager sees a raw talent that can be developed. Same as majority of us fans.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He definitely has something but he definitely needs to work at his end product..

Random Review and neilly1987 like this.
  11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I like Yang and think he has a bit of potential. He's not been brilliant, but has shown some flashes. Just need to wait and see if he can improve and his good points outweigh the bad.

12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

The thing that worries me a bit is if you didn't know this interview was about Yang or mentioned his age,nationality, etc, he could quite easily be talking about Mikey Johnston and most of us already think he's *.
    Yang has a few years on him and hasn't been ravaged by injuries I guess, so time will tell.
    Hopefully Brendan can earn his wages and improve him.

Peej likes this.
  13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think he's got big potential, pretty excited to see how he goes over the next year or so.

These type of guys are perfect for that side of our transfer strategy, they just get shat on by a lot of fans because we've failed to bring in players to make an immediate impact. Not fair on these boys at all.

Mickmac likes this.
  14. henriks tongue

Just needs a bit of composure, think about what's he's doing
    The basic tools are there but they need a LOT of polishing

15. oh bhoy

raw talent in yang! holy * the guy is brutal he's been here 6 months and has done * all. Rodgers likes to pretend he has a magic touch when it comes to terrible players but as usual he's just talking *

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are very amped up the majority of the time mate, take it easy.

He has talent, he’s young and he’s raw. Rodgers is only saying what the majority of your fellow fans are.

17. oh bhoy

id say the majority of my fellow fans would rather sign somone else

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

As a young winger project? For what reason? To go back to square 1 with them?

19. oh bhoy

im sure they would rather have someone who could beat a man,cross a ball ,not fall over if someone brushes past him .the guy is pish you dont have to wait 2 or 3 years to see it

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I’m not convinced they are perfect for our transfer strategy. Simply because they won’t get enough time on the pitch.

If we were buying up these kind of guys and loaning them out, while having a coherent plan of how to develop them, I’d agree but paying £2.5m to £3m on these sort of players? No chance: they’re being brought in to contribute.

We aren’t Manchester City or Chelsea, where we can buy ridiculous amounts of young players and then loan them out with the ability to get large fees in a season or two when we realise they’re not good enough. That’s never going to work for us. What ultimately happens is we sign these guys, put them on huge contracts and then we can’t shift them on when they’re not good enough.

Yang has a lot of raw talent. He’s got something there but he needs minutes. Hes not really going to get that here, not if we want to be successful now.