1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Nov 17, 2023.

Discuss What are your hobbies? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I like to hit the gym as well. When I run on the treadmill I watch old Celtic games on my tablet. Yesterday I watched the title clinching game when Naka scored that last minute free kick at Kilmarnock in 2007. :62:

Westlondonscot likes this.
  2. Buster Gold Member Gold Member

And that is the reason huns are fat * :56::56:

eire4 and seamus1967 like this.
  3. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Playing my guitar and drums, reading and gaming.

I'm the same with maths. Recently started doing a few of the free maths courses on the open uni website. Quite a bit on there for free. Ended up getting right into it after that and now moved onto the chemistry course.

Jeannie960 and Johniebhoy. like this.
  4. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I want to try that. I am a history buff. Id love to do that magnet fishing that people are doing now. People are finding ancient coins and swords and stuff.

5. PaddyJamieson

Would like to hear more about this! What's the novella about?

EDIT: nevermind, you've explained it two posts later...

Saul Goodman likes this.
  6. PaddyJamieson

Aye, hobbies went out the window when the kids were born. Mine are 5 and 2, I work full-time and run a wee independent business in the evenings. Literally have no time for fun :giggle1:

But I suppose reading, football, and films if I have the time.

Twisty likes this.
  7. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Sailing! I met a guy in Lanzarote a few years ago who was living on his yacht, after a few gins he said I should come down to the marina and have a look, I went out sailing with him a few times, got bitten by the bug! then went back and done a five day course, I ve since done a few more courses both practical and classroom for navigation etc. Im now a qualified coastal skipper, not sure about buying a boat, as they are a serious money pit, but might get a smaller one for doodling around Ireland, and then lease in the Med and Caribbean. I also speak Irish, and have been trying to improve grammar and reading as Gaeilige

8. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Photography and bird-watching when I'm feeling up to it, playing computer games when I'm not :)

Qué sera sera likes this.
  9. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Guitar, bodhran, low whistle, reading, history, archeology, bushcraft.

But health has gone downhill so I don't do much anymore. Can't even read a book now!

Johniebhoy. and carraigbhoy like this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would not describe myself as a Gaeilgóir but I have worked on speaking Irish again over the past few years and am enjoying that as well.

Johniebhoy. and carraigbhoy like this.
  11. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Forgot to mention my guitar collection! I love and collect vintage American guitars!
    Over the years Ive had quite a few.
    Currently, An 83 tiger striped Gibson Les Paul, an Eric Clapton Fender Stratocaster in green (can be seen in another thread) A Fender Starcaster (my wall hanger) A Martin D16H acoustic, and a Martin 000-28 ec acoustic
    Better at collecting them than playing them :60:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  12. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    My nephew was into it for about a week, dont think he found anything in that short time. Think thr canals in Glasgow are probably not the best place for it ... chibs and shopping trolleys.

13. ScouseHoops Guest

Due to travelling a fair bit and it would have came in handy during my History degree, I'm learning Russian.

Qué sera sera likes this.
  14. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Fighting and *

Artorias likes this.
  15. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

There's an old old stone bridge at Stirling. You cant drive across it now, only pedestrians cause its that old that its protected. Well folk were magnate fishing there and found a chest from the 15th century with stuff in it. They handed it in though.

Apparantly theres a law that if you find any artifacts over a certain age you must hand them in.

16. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Just started playing in a band again. Mate asked me to jam in a deftones cover band.
    2 practices but feels good to get out playing again. No played since I got married

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No one has mentioned following Celtic yet. That's probably my true biggest hobby. Assume many are in the same boat.

eire4 likes this.
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Funny yes your right of course. I just never think of following Celtic as a hobby more like its an essential part of my entire being and life.

19. leeso-ardoyne

Hobbies, I always have a few different ones at different times and sometimes it's like I have 100tabs open in my brain trying to do them all or thinking about trying to fit them all in which is no hope.

Beekeeper during the spring,summer and autumn months. Winter I'd spend a week getting frames and equipment ready for spring. Spending time with bees is amazing. Difficult to describe but when your there with them watching them go about there hives is class. Especially in good sunny days. Although you also have to give them alot if respect because if you * about around there hives, especially when they are open you'll know all about it. I have a lovely docile hive before where I could open up and tend to it without gloves on. I dropped a frame on top of the open hive when I was doing an inspection and I'd never seen anything like it before. I'd say if I didn't have a suit on they'd have killed me. Thousands of bees turned nasty and where bouncing off me. Frightening it was and I had to walk away from it for 10mins till they cammed down abit. I've 5-6 hives there. At my peak I had 12 but it's to much to look after with so much else going on. Ideally I'd want two but bees being bees, ya always end up with more because of swarming.

Love when it's harvest time too. This year thou was a * of a year. Wasn't a great summer although still got 160 jars of ivy honey. This stuff has amazing medicinal properties in it although it sets very fast. You'll see in pics the color of it when I harvest then it changing color while it's setting to when it's set whitish color. Lovely stuff to. You can sell it for 10-15e a jar.

rsz_screenshot_20231126-103008.png rsz_img_20231022_174928159.jpg rsz_img_20231104_171229961.jpg rsz_screenshot_20231126-094954~2.png rsz_img_20231112_125556087_hdr.jpg

Also do abit of training weights, boxing although with very little time now to get to the gyms in town, I set my own one up at the side of the house. Going to extend it because want to put more equipment in but in two minds to extend this shed or just leave it untill I build my garage. I've planning for a garage same as my house 15mx9m plus upstairs. If I do decide to put it in my garage I'll be using the full space upstairs in it and that'll give me room for everything you see in a commercial gym. Love training getting all thst stress out and when I'm training, I also clean up my diet to mostly orgonic and with them both, ya feel amazing. Carrying a few minor injuries at the moment so haven't been training as much. Think it's to do with swinging a hammer all day on the stonework and training.

Can't wait to get back fully at it and let abit of steam off because recently building alot of tension up ready kill some * but when back training, it's a great way to get rid of this tension!

I think I've enough equipment for now thou, untill I go at this garage next year. It's been on hold last few years with being so busy but next year I have to do it.

Can't wait to get the ice bath in it aswell. As much as I * hate cold showers and baths. After you take them, you get a high which carrys on throughout the day. I'd do it now and again along with grounding to the earth with my bare feet. Anyone feeling down. Do these two along with breathing exercises and you will feel a different person. I'm finding it difficult to do it consistently thou. Hoping this will change when I've a fully functional ice bath in the garage! Unplug it, Open it up, break ice , get in instead of using bags of ice or cold water. Saves all thst * about prepping.

rsz_img_20231126_092819291.jpg

Other hobbies are walking in the hills out where I live. Some spectacular views all over Mayo and Sligo up the hills near where I live and walk. Breath taking and love just spending time alone or even out with the kids switching off to all the stresses for awhile. Cycling too although again, this is something I haven't done as much this year for one reason or the other.

Do abit of Salmon fishing whenever I get the chance. More so slipping onto the river nowadays rather than paying because it's getting to expensive for it and the river hasn't been fishing great. So we try slip on before any * on checking tickets and spend an hour then home. All different times, spots thou. Wouldn't mind paying if was catching like years ago but some stretches now looking 50e a day and if your there a few days and not catching, it can be very expensive waste of money. With thst said, I wouldn't fish as much as I used to when was fully legit.

A hobby thst I've been putting of for the last few years that'll I'll be starting soon is growing my own veggies. Have 10 thousand veggie seeds here. Have 40ton top soil piled up on my site for it. Just need to sort out my raised beds and compost for it. I've been making my own orgonic compost for the last two years with my own grass cuttings of my 3/4 acre garden, fallen leaves, horse * that's from our land and some orgonic food scraps from left over veggies I don't eat although Id say I wouldn't have enough for what I need so will get a 10 load delivery of compost after xmass.

Can't wait to see my successes and failures next season with this.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    Fully87, carraigbhoy and tarboltontim like this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :60:

eire4 likes this.