1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What’s our scouting and recruitment plan?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Feb 20, 2024.

Discuss What’s our scouting and recruitment plan? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Plan = NONE no change there then.

2. Sentinel

Stick our fingers up our *, give them a big sniff, then smile like a * eejit and say it smells of roses.

That is our transfer plan.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    For the last 2 months they have kicked the can further down the road, now with a week left they have run out of road.

From the outside it seems like an amateurish set up with no real concept of what they should be doing, astonishing for a club of our size, the fault lies at the very top.

Gabriel, Sgt Neppers* and McKagan like this.
  4. Martybhoy53

5. oh bhoy

you have to laugh , we will be looking to improve the recruitment process after the window shuts ! i mean did it never occur to any * to do that before it opened

mayo likes this.
  6. Sgt Neppers*

:giggle1: I laughed at this more than i probably should have. Gotta laugh though. Its a mess of a window that we're solely at fault for.

7. oh bhoy

how long is it gonna take to replace lawwell jr, or was it a position created just for him .transfer planning for january should already be underway

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We need to keep highlighting and pushing this issue, easy to get lost amongst a feelgood factor.. especially with CL about to start..

Hopefully, we've made strides in the international break, getting the infrastructure of recruitment in place essential as identified openly by BR.

martin_d likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd expected a really * poor window and for them to use an announcement for the change up in recruitment structure for their feel good story to buy time and ease the fans.

But it seems the delay in getting the last few deals done was enough for the board to think they've done enough to entertain the fans and show they are pushing forward in regards fees and backing Rodgers. Perhaps they are.

But the worry will now return to what they are doing (or not) with the recruitment team and the overall structure.

One passable window doesn't fix the underlying major issues within the clubs football departments.
    That's since February now we've had no head of recruitment and lost a senior scout/team member as well.
    Never to have been replaced.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  10. Sean Treacy

Going forward, the LB is still an issue, we could loose GT and the loan boy at the end of season, so either way, need to have a LB target in our sights-or are they just hoping to get KT back then??
    I guess the CL could throw up a few positions that we may need to address-like winger back ups, if the like of Palma come up short.
    And also striker, depending on how Idha progresses and also Kyogos shoulder issue.
    And please, a set piece coach

martin_d and Peej like this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thing is we need a structure in place for the January window, we should planning for next seasons CL qualifier now!

With players identified for those we may lose as well striving to make us stronger.

That's what should be happening and that can't happen effectively without a DoF or new head of recruitment at least..

martin_d and Peej like this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Would honestly love them to announce a DoF and a new scouting/recruitment head, followed with a plan of attack announced.
    Obviously they can't/don't need to announce every scout or analysis we hire, but if they brought in the two key men and said "these guys will join us with a new team of recruitment to establish a forward plan in...blah blah blah" I'll be happy.

But the forever quiet, sneaking in old pals in to places, needs to stop.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

martin_d and JC Anton like this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I hope Rogers keeps calling it out and we the fans push it at every opportunity too.. the fan questions in the pressers need to be around this issue ..

henriks tongue and Peej like this.
  14. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think we will hear around AGM time

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Doubt it, nothing is ever answered at them. Pre-selected safe questions, safe answers and a snarky headline grabbing dig towards the Huns is usually what happens at them.

We’re never open and transparent about what we do. We need to glean it through accounts, what we see happening and guesswork.

JC Anton and Peej like this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Another week and still no further forward..

We can't let successful CL nights and our excellent start to the season detract from what's needed at the club..

Sean Treacy likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No further forward with what, announcing a DoF?

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

No further on in making the appointments needed within our scouting/recruitment structure.

Whether that's a Head of Recruitment, DoF, Chief of Scouting or Head of Footballing operations.. whatever way you look it at there's gaping holes in our structure.

We sacked Lawwell and Dudgeon at the beginning of March and haven't replaced them.

Rodgers has bemoaned the fact in public a couple of times now too.

I'd prefer a DoF personally, but no idea if that's the route we're looking to go down. Most elite minded clubs have that model.

The January window should be with summer CL Qualification in mind in the short-medium term. And lining up replacements for the inevitable interest in our best player that will come.

We're continually haphazard and reactive in the market. We need to be much better prepared and organised.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  19. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Sure Rodgers mentioned Peter Houston in a pre match press conference when discussing scouting opposition teams. Mentioned someone else when discussing scouting Engels too

JC Anton likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Think Houston scouts opponents for the club..