1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by dbhoy72, Aug 29, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not going to write him off yet. Far too early.

But the signing was uninspiring to say the least. £6m for a guy playing in one of the worst ever EPL defences, and stunk the place out.

Physically he looks capable, but remains to be seen if he’s actually any good defensively. Not a great start.

2. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Behave what? People are going on about prime VVD or Maldini etc

Dortmund rode their luck last season and got to a final, do they have quality yes they do but are they this that some think are one of the best in the world? Not a chance.

If that was the case they would be pumping teams left right and centre but just look at the their league……..

They are nowhere near the Barca or PSG sides that hammered us.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Well said, was gonna type something similar but couldn't be *... we've been skelped with alot better players than Trusty and CCV..

4. Mr. Slippyfist

What is this pish rhetoric?

thailandceltic likes this.
  5. celtic warrior

Their * 5 games in and lost one game, oh no, their rotten so they are.... Frankfurt are 2nd but Dortmund beat them in the league. Dortmund cleaned out Club Brugge 3-0 in Belgium.

Woe is me, Dortmund are guff so they are.

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    From what I remember they were the better side for most of the final, should of been 2 up by half time..

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah, plus the games I watched them in the run up to the final, they had the perfect blend of defensive/blistering counter attacking football.

Folk actually trying to find fault in a team that got to the CL final, only to be beaten in the last quarter of the match by the competition's most successful team in history, is beyond pathetic.

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. ardis1967

People honestly aren't saying that Welsh should get a run in this thread :56::56::56::56:Jesus christ.
    Last night was an absolute disaster I'm willing to wait and reserve judgement.

9. Big C

I’ll say it again. We cannot judge him when he is playing out of position. Yes he can manage in the SPFL but not in Europe.

10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I didn't want him and think we massively overpaid for him, but last night is definitely not the game to judge him on. The entire team were awful, he's barely had any game time and was getting played on his wrong side. Yes the guy looked out his depth and terrified, but who didn't in that performance?

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Zero protection ..

CCV would have been exposed to * as well.

12. snails67 Gold Member Gold Member

Going to give him more time myself confidence must be all over place went from good player for Birmingham to a * United team to coming here not really settled yet and played against Dortmund i think the first deflects off him back to the player for the penalty i think and then the deflection for the second cant of done him any good am i clutching at straws most likley but got to hope because welsh ain't any good and Nawrocki seems to be either injured or not fancied and that's all we got till january

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think he’ll be fine domestically.

14. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    His positioning was woeful last night. Hopefully that can be coached into him.

But I do think it was shortsighted to play him last night. He's just off the back of a horrible season with Sheffield getting skelped in the EPL.

We should.have taken our time bedding him into the team and built up his confidence with minutes against domestic sides. Having him play his 3rd match as an away game against a very good Dortmund side wasn't good management. Especially considering we were playing an open dangerous game against a very good attacking side and Trusty was playing at RCB.

Would have much rather played Nawrocki.