1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Drive faster and it wont happen...

2. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    It’s usually the same types of drivers that hug the overtaking lane for miles even when the road is totally dead and clear. Guess the car brands too I’m sure you’ll never guess :56:

buchanbhoy likes this.
  3. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Trivial things that annoy me .... James forrest end of.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    and as mentioned above of you do need a blower many will do both.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Volvos :56:

6. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Wheel clamping. Its been a few times this year that Ive had to get the old cordless grinder out for a few different friends at a few different times (usually their wives or partners have parked the motor in a disabled space or not paid they're road tax).....whap the bastardin thing off and leave it at the side of the road.....takes 2 seconds. Where I am you see them discarded at the side of the road all over the place.

I was sure....positive actually.....that wheel clamping was made illegal in Scotland. The clamps have DVLA written on them but they are not put on by the DVLA....its another completely private company. None of the people I have done it for have been chased up for any money or the clamp itself or anything. Its just a complete money making sham. 150 bucks they want for to come out and take THEIR clamp off that they've just put on YOUR motor. And people must pay it. Cause if your not a mechanic that can take the whole suspension off the motor or if you've not got a cordless grinder....then its the only way you can drive your motor again

7. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    What else I forgot to write about the wheel clamping is. If they clamp someone for parking in a disabled space....is that not just defeating the purpose altogether? Fair enough the person should not be parked there.....But if you clamp their car.....then they cant move it out the disabled space....so it stays there....taking up a disabled space.

8. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Haha no it's your usual BMW and Audi knuckleheads. Always the guys in their early 20's with a point to prove to the world that their overpriced VW is the best car in the world.

Wheel clamping and those road bumps that burst your tyres make no sense to me at all. So to get back at someone using the wrong space or parked causing an obstruction the solution is to make sure that car gets stuck longer, I mean the absolute irony of it. Also the ones that burst your tyres should be banned everywhere because does the punishment really fit the crime of driving the wrong way so lets make sure the road is blocked for everyone....

9. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Thats what I said....if you're parked in a disabled space and you are not supposed to be parked there.....would it not make more sense for them to tow your car away?? Rather than clamp it there so you cant move it

10. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    See that would require too much thinking power or even better have more parking so people don't take up spaces they shouldn't

11. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    People who let themselves get annoyed by trivial things.

12. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Big hairs on your tea towels

13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I’m with you on this. The amount of times I’ve had tossers who come round to empty the bins refuse to empty my grey bin because it’s too heavy!!!! It’s a * bin for general household waste. Get it emptied ya lazy *. Same idiots in every workplace that moans about their back being ‘broke’ are the detriment of society. Total no users. And I do actually recycle but that’s more to do with practicality and making sure I have as much space in the grey bin(which I use most) because that gets emptied every 3 weeks. What helmet came up with that brainwave. And how is a family of 4 to keep up with the irregularities of recycling times? And also keep dumping your rubbish in the public bins. Only in this day and age could you have someone try and moan at you for putting your rubbish in a bin.

hiphopaddict likes this.
  14. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    My wife always naga at me for this. My response is always the same. If my eating bothers you it’s your problem so you should go elsewhere

Westlondonscot likes this.
  15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The flip side of that is when you have to undertake the numpties doing well below the limit in the very outside lane and you have no choice but to undertake them and they give you the ‘what on earth are you doing’ glare

buchanbhoy likes this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

People who point out subtle ironies.

:58:

Jacob knows and Qué sera sera like this.
  17. jj81

People who spell lose "loose"

Any other grammar mistakes I can deal with especially my own in this post , but that word is not a toughy to get right and it's meaning is completely different!

Zander likes this.
  18. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    How Americans get Scottish and Irish culture completely mixed up. Some just think its the same thing. A lot of them cant tell the difference between a Scottish and Irish accent.

It happens a lot in movies when there's maybe a scene in Irish countryside and all of a sudden Scottish bagpipes start playing as the soundtrack.

I suppose maybe some here would struggle to tell the difference between American and Canadian accents. But still its * annoying when they are so culturally inaccurate

19. dortmunder

Match of the Day/Sportscene continuing to show the VAR deliberations in what is a HIGHLIGHTS programme. Just show the goals and, if necessary, say 'but that one was ruled out by VAR'.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

Not annoying as such, more baffling. What’s the point in letting off fireworks in daylight?

Jacob knows and cidermaster like this.