1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Woukd be an absolute bargain if they managed to get him.

2. Dáibhí

Get him for £1.5 million, and then also get Heid from Wigan for the same amount.

£3 million, total no-nonsense defence sorted. Coupled with 40 year old Stevie G and "the English Nial Quinn" Rickie Lambert up top and you have a title-challenging side right there.

3. Mr. Slippyfist

I agree with all bar Heid......much preferred Stephen Caldwell.

4. Dáibhí

He's plying his trade with Toronto FC in the MLS now. Doubt he'd fancy a step down.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Might have known you'd have come out with that typical EPL fanboy pish :rolleyes:

6. Dáibhí

:smiley-laughing002:

7. Luz1904

Not just me. I believe you'd struggle to find one Benfica fan who's happy about the deal. Pretty much every Benfica fan sees great talent in him. I don't watch Serbia games but he delivered in Lisbon. Probably the best first season I ever seen from a young benfica player. Di Maria took way longer to shine.

This gifs are all from the same game and are an example of what he did this season:
    http://abload.de/img/marko545xdp.gif
    http://abload.de/img/marko6l5bom.gif
    http://abload.de/img/marko71rym0.gif
    http://abload.de/img/marko801anr.gif
    http://abload.de/img/marko1oalzu.gif

And in big moments, with more space to play, he feels right at home. That's great when you play big competitions like Liverpool will. Benfica counter attacks were pretty much "pass the ball to Markovic and start running.

Selling this kind of talent for 25M€ is pretty bad business for a club like Benfica or Porto. In a normal situation, he would go for a bit more in one year or two. But yea, like I said, there are other parts involved...

-------------------------------

In other news, Oblak to Atlético seems like a done deal. 16M€. Oblak said to portuguese newspaper "aBola" that he wanted to play in the spanish league and asked the club to accept the offer.

8. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Daryl Janmaat is an NUFC player. Sign a six-year-deal for around €7.5million

[​IMG]

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I mind Newcastle used to have a good core of Irish/British players Given, O'Brien, Bramble, Taylor, Woodgate, Dyer, *, Speed, Jenas, Shearer, Ameobi and some others. Now they've barely got any.

Never knew they signed Colback from Sunderland, always liked him.

Krul
    Janmaat Williamson Coloccini Santon
    Tiote
    Sissoko Colback
    Ben Arfa Cabella
    de Jong

No a bad team, could still do with a striker. Cisse hasnt kicked a ball in a good while and de Jong is better in a Commons role.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  10. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Michu going on loan to Napoli then maybe going for 8 million next season?

Such a poor signing tbh.

11. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

de Jong is off to PSV now.

Janmaat and Cabella are very good signings, they're still in need of a striker as you say as Cisse hasn't done much the past couple of seasons. They should get someone like Pierre-Michel Lasogga, someone who's a physical presence but also a goalscorer.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Luuk de Jong is away to PSV. His brother, Siem, just signed for Newcastle:50:

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Not that de Jong, they signed his brother Siem de Jong from Ajax. Decent player, would say the best part of his game is his movement and intelligence, arrive into the box late well and has a decent shot.

14. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

*, got confused there and forgot about him :smiley-laughing002:

15. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Siem was a great player a few years back, is he still as good?

16. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    They are about to sign Emmanuel Riviere from Monaco.

17. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Confirmed: Valencia President A. Salvo has revealed Benfica players A.Gomes and Rodrigo will join the club. Worst kept secret of the summer.

PSV are exploring the possibility of signing Steven Defour from FC Porto and potentially exchanging Zakaria Bakkali as part of the deal

Record: Bebe´s move to Benfica is close to being completed. He will soon be a Benfica player.

NED international Patrick van Aanholt has told VI that he wants to leave Chelsea this summer. Contract with CFC due to expire in 2015.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirms Toni Kroos can leave Bayern this summer for the right fee.

Feyenoord announce that Bruno Martins Indi has signed a four-year deal with FC Porto.

Feyenoord have earned €24 million euros, 8 Martins Indi, 10 for Pelle and 6 for Janmaat. De Vrij might leave, Clasie 'not for sale'.

AS reporting that Real Madrid are prepared to offer Monaco €70m plus Brazilian midfielder Casemiro in part exchange to land James Rodriguez.

After Cabella,Emmanuel Riviere (Monaco) will sign for Newcastle. Fee 6.5 million pounds.

Patrick van Aanholt "Where I play next year? I do not know yet. At least not at Chelsea. I'm done here.

18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    £15 million for Enner Valencia. For fucksake.

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, I wouldnt say he was a great player, he's nothing that special but he's still good. He was injured most of last season, think he missed the World Cup because he wasnt fit enough in time.

He's a clever player, good off the ball movement and being in the right-place at the right-time. Ok on the ball, hits a good shot and gets around the box a lot. Wonder how he'll do there, he might flop or might do as well as the likes of Tim Cahill or Clint Dempsey.

20. Dáibhí

James Rodriguez to Real looks to be a real possibility. That would pretty much put the writing on the wall for Isco I think.