1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] StRaNgER ThiNgS: DaY 6 - ALiENs WiN - MaFiA 29

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Keano88, Apr 12, 2018.

Discuss StRaNgER ThiNgS: DaY 6 - ALiENs WiN - MaFiA 29 in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Day 1 king is rather useless is it not ? Doesn’t have much to go on and if it’s a 1 shot kingmaker we lose out on the chance of an easy scum lynch later on in the game

I don’t think a scum kingmaker is out of the question, they’d probably be forced to choose someone outside of their faction to make it fair

2. Aidan O’Shea

I’m Town x

3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tim and JC seem to quarrel back and forth in these games and in the dead threads so what Paddy has said does make sense, they could be hoping that Tim will take JC out.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

It is totally useless giving out a King on day 1, absolutely.

The only reasonable rationale I can come up with for someone crowning @Tim-Time 1888 (if the KM is town in this game), is that they want him to vote for JC Anton - pretty sure they two are generally at each other's throats in most games anyway, maybe why they chose TT?

Marie likes this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Was just posting that there :50:

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    What you thinking ?

Had a couple of phone calls to make, back now so will catch up shortly.

7. Keano88

Getting advice on who to lynch aye?

8. Mr. Slippyfist

I need to know what you're thinking right now in regards to you being made King.

The timing around you being made King makes me think that whoever kinged you (I'll assume at this point that they are town) suspects that JC surviving the kill may have been a charade, and they want you to take him out.

Or, seeing as the game is "stranger" things (i may be wrong here) but the king could possibly be a scum * and want you to take out a guy who has survived their early kill.

I dunno, but NEED to know what you think in regards to JC and if you're comfortable using your vote (nothing crafty here btw, I am 100% town and am happy to prove it as early as possible if I think it'll help town).

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Aye Mr and Mrs ******* nor Ms ******* had any interest in the performance of their investments or the valuations they just wanted to give me advice on which one of you lot should be lynched :giggle1:

10. Keano88

Who did they pick? :fear:

11. Keano88

I’m away for some lunch.

I’ll keep an eye out though.

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Firstly I am surprised to be made King as that's your job usually :giggle1:

I could claim it shows me as Town at least but if I was one of you I would be cynical of that, so I don't expect anyone to believe I am town here tbh. Do I suspect JC ? I find it difficult to believe the luck involved in being protected and targeted at the same time, the chances must be high if he had been bulletproof that would have been better. But I'm not sure I am that disbelieving to lynch based on a single vote. Yes I am aware that the KM may be scum, i think that's happened before. If I was pushed I would probably say the KM is more likely scum as well * knows I need to read this thread and pick/flip a coin or hope something stands out. I suppose self lynching isn't an option :giggle1:

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not sure how lucky it is being targeted by scum tbh.. lucky to survive it I'd give you that.

If I were king I'd ask everyone to nominate someone with maybe a short one line rationale.. but with it being so early that seems a bit pointless.. if it was further into the game the votes may have given us something to work from..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

14. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I was, cant remember the role though.

If it's one shot though? I think it both confirms that person as town (now just VT, if one shot) and also confirms if you are bulletproof and lying or were protected.

Tim one of the last ones, now King.. Not sure what to think of that one.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Correct. If kingmaker was scum in this game, and you were it, or part of the scum faction, I know for a FACT I'd have been crowned scum.

Since I haven't been made King, I'm happy to go along with the notion that KM is town in this instance.

I think the suspicion on JC right now is understandable. There's a couple of theories around the kill attempt on him. 1 - he's bulletproof with powers and isn't telling us. 2 - scum made a genuine attempt on him, and unfortunately for them we have a saviour (which I'm unsure of as it doesn't seem to make reference in that from the write up, I could be wrong of course) 3 - whoever is king is suspicious of JC's surviving, and know that there's a good chance you may have taken him out if made king, although you may be scum and they have given it to the wrong person.

Either way, the timing between JC suriving his kill, and you being made king is no coincidence.

Coming from someone who has been made king, or one shot day vig (from you ya slimy * :56:), I know how hard it is to be put in a position where you cn either be very successful, and royally * it up.

It's far too early in the game for guesses to be made, as we could potentially lose a powerful town member.

You of course do NOT need to use your vote, and self-lynching isn't an option, therefore here's another less risky option (for you) to choose.....

Vote me for the lynch.

I am:

[​IMG]

Barb - unlynchable townie.

If you vote for me, I cannot be lynched and you don't * up and (possibly) take out a powerful town person.

We also get the first day out of the road as soon as possible, if scum lynch me during the night then so be it - I don't have any particular town-helpful powers, only that of unlynchable, which imo is best suited using it at this stage.

Town with powers will be able to do their stuff tonight, and we move closer to seeing who may be who in tomorrow's stage.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye if they are one shot then fair enough it would help prove what I say us true.. but if I were scum you'd be worried they are more then 1 x Shot.. and take them out anyway.. that's why I said don't reveal, even tho it would benefit me.

17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I seem to remember I used this as an idea in a previous game and you didn't buy it, now you are, why is that ?

Contrived yes to make a mafia member look town by surviving a kill.

I would agree with this. I just don't get why a doc would choose to protect anyone on the first day other than themselves and I dont think a saviour (if that is what we have) would use their power on the first person to die either, as they have hewhaw to go on to decide if it was a townie.

18. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Which game was this? Bob and minty came late last game and I thought at least one of them would be scum

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I think that's a helpful claim at this stage tbh.. and all the scenarios you have painted about me are viable..

The main thing is Mafia have tried to kill me and failed. I'm not bulletproof so must have been protected. So you should be able to at least rule out that I'm Mafia.. I understand nothing else can be ruled out..

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I guess it's a possibility that I'm Mafia and ordered a hit on myself on the first day and then used a day 'saviour' role to save myself.. thus using two 'actions' on me who usually dies early anyway...

A bit of an elaborate risk on the first day, don't you feel?