1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stadium Redevelopment rumor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Jun 4, 2017.

Discuss Stadium Redevelopment rumor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

If we could start upgrading the main stand while keeping the same look on the outside and also expanding the standing section it'd be brilliant.

W33kev likes this.
  2. shaunm

Could some * change the spelling on the thread title please

Eazey, kevza and Rendog like this.
  3. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The thing about the standing section being expanded is that when you look at it on you're average league game the only bit properly bouncing is the gb. The bits above and around is full of people, well.. just standing there.

Still. if people want it extended just for normal fans then fair enough.

4. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's true I agree, in that case half the end then, that must be a priority rather than trying to accommodate folk who only want to make the effort for Sevco or Barcelona.

I think the following points regarding the main stand are spot on, I wouldn't want to lose that as a trade in for a bowl, what the club have done in front of the in the last few seasons has been incredible and and fitting for any occasion, a far cry from the old school, ticket office and car park although I still cherish those memories too

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Very good point, that's 3 clubs that have really * up from a fan perspective, can't speak for Wham but the other 2 are in my personal experience overall the worst in terms of atmosphere, astonishingly I hear consistent talk Wham is even worse

The old Highbury and Maine Road could generate brilliant atmospheres, I know as I've experienced them, it's only the corporates and not the fans who would say their moves have been a success and my perspective on things is always unashamedly from the point of view of the fans

Random Review likes this.
  6. paulpaul17

I can't see a seat expansion happening.

Our base attendance is about 40k, expanding during the good times and dipping during the terrible times.

There will always be the odd CL or Sevco match where we could sell 100k+ tickets, but the cost of making the stadium a "bowl" I think would struggle to return good value.

I think the redevelopment should continue to focus on what we have, get rid of the pillars that cause restricted view by restructuring the roof of North Stand. Get the dressing rooms the same size (that's what stopped us being a 5 * UEFA rating back when that was a thing).

7. Celticbhoy17

It may be nostalgic for you but for me who wasn't around in the 80s, it doesnt look great to be honest, similiar to most architecture from the 50s to the 00s really.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Shut yer hole.

[​IMG]

9. BelfastCelt88

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'd be careful about perceptions like that, mate. A lot of that kind of perception is just fashion and heavily influenced by the media. Do you ever look at photos of the old CP and think it looks beautiful? Well it was and I'm lucky enough to have experienced it (albeit only once); but I can assure you that in the early 90's a lot of young people, including me (I mean I was young at the time, obviously not now, lol) allowed ourselves to be convinced by the media that it was a dinosaur and perhaps even a bit embarrassing compared to the oh-so-modern-and-state-of-the-art all seater Ibrox and even (I kid you not) Pittodrie.

freederry20 and ChrisMoh like this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

BelfastCelt88 likes this.
  12. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    Yeah i looked at old pics it certainly had its charm on european nights eg against partizan and cologne

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

13. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

To be honest it needs a face lift. The brickwork is dated, the small windows are in dire need of a new look. The whole facade could look much better

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Nope.

It is absolutely perfect the way it is.

Only thing that needs doing to CP (in my most humble opinion), is a lick of paint on the "scaffolding" poles.

Random Review likes this.
  15. Shamrock.

Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Plans, true or not, to update any part of the stadium should be welcome. In the good times when the money is there you update. Same for the team and same for the stadium and outwith.

16. Cmcgregor90

I agree maybe a glass front but there is something I like about the way it is the now it's like old with modern

17. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Don't get me wrong I love it how it is. But I'm sure if we did improve it, I'd love that too

18. Celticbhoy17

Mate please realise that its okay for other people to have different opinions!! In my humble opinion it looks alright but not great, and im not saying i would prefer it super modern to be honest i wish we just left the old brickwork that was there previously which would have aged way better. Im not saying the facade looks * or needs urgently replaced just could be better thats all!

19. Celticbhoy17

Who knows tho to be fair in 15 years or so that 80s kind of style could really be in fashion so maybe im just talking *

Random Review and Mr Shelby like this.
  20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No matter what happens with redevelopment of Celtic Park it will always look beautiful.
    After all, it's the home of Celtic Football Club.
    Approaching that stadium no matter the weather always got me excited, especially on a European night.
    Walking out into the stands when the floodlights were on in a European night with the Celtic songs playing over the tannoy gave me goosebumps every time.
    Then with the stadium near full to capacity with the fans singing The Soldier song and YNWA gets me hyper.
    Any enhancement to the stadium that benefits the club can only make that atmosphere better.