1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hiphopaddict, Dec 5, 2017.

Discuss Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G40B

What is it with certain gold usernames throwing a tantrum when they don’t get the answer they want?

Maybe you should chap the front door of Celtic Park and ask them if they have some of the reserves down building it, since no contractors have been appointed. Just don’t shout at the receptionist when she says no.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Guy who’s boy is in the youths told me the work had started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would like to see the main stand being refurbished, not to increase the capacity but for the changing rooms, tunnel and media room all upgraded and made to be more modern.

I also wish they could get rid of the poles in the main stand so there’s no restricted view

4. DonnyCelt

The poles in the main stand retract on match days do they not? I'm sure they are only there for the purposes of giving the main stand extra support and stability during stormy weather and high winds.

5. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I’ve genuinely never heard of that :giggle1:

6. DonnyCelt

I'm sure I read it years ago, and at the time of construction it was seen as innovative and basically genius.

It was a big part of the health and safety regulations for the stadium that helped them pass inspection every season.

Edit. I know which poles you mean now lol. It's the ones that are right out to the corners of the main stand. Having just looked at a picture. I thought you ment the retractable ones that come down either side of the directors box. My bad lol.

Graeme1888 likes this.
  7. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I did actually mean those ones on the corners but you made me look it up and those other ones nearer the middle are retractable, you learn something new everyday! :50:

DonnyCelt likes this.
  8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right now, would be hard to justify a big spend on a new stand.
    But we need to move ahead with the times, that old stand is dated, so we need to plan ahead.
    A new 2 tier stand, that would meet European finals standard-team busses being driven underground to dressing rooms etc. and more corporate facilities to generate more revenue, should all now be planned.
    And name it after the bunnet.
    Would also be a shot across the bows of the manky mob with their crumbling biggot dome.
    Anyone come up with an estimate of how much such a stand would cost?

10. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    It doesn't matter how big the stadium gets, or how perfect the facilities, I can't see us ever being able to host a European final. The bid has to be made by your national organisation, and the SFA are always going to try and promote Hampden, no matter how poor it is.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    A 65000+ seater stadium cannot really be justified for playing in the SPL as it stands, no business sense just to make it "UEFA compliant" for a one off euro final.

Fontaine and King of Kings like this.
  12. celtic warrior

I know it's well known generally around British football that food and drink is * overall.

But is there any balance that could be found thay could mean entry for a home match is cheaper to the point, whilst obviously not guaranteeing it..the club could still se an increase in match day revenue as more people both attend the game and then think because entry was cheap they then spend more on concessions?

Dunno how it all works tbh but just a random idea I had in my head

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Maybe put together like a wee ticket/food outlet discount thing for some people once every couple of months for match day. For example, £60 gets you 2 tickets and 2 meals from one of the counters or something. Just have the voucher on your phone or something.

Again, like most people, I'm not really sure how it works but if you put together little packages like that, it may bring in some decent additional revenue and as was reported in one of the Celtic fan podcasts a little while ago, having like a ticket centre where season ticket holders can sell the tickets back to the club, who can then sell them on for profit would be a good idea.

Think it might have been Hail Hail.

14. G40B

We don’t have the attendances to justify a stadium increase.

Although most games sell out, rarely is it an actual full house on the day. Too many season ticket holders pick and choose which games to go to.

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

This is more an issue of not having a resale system in place for ST holders who can’t make games. I miss a lot of games due to work but always have mates that will take the ticket.

The waiting list is a fair size as well so I wouldn’t say the demand isn’t there, just the right system isn’t in place yet.

Ghost_Jiggle and saltire78 like this.
  16. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm in a similar situation. I work shifts and make it to as many games I can but obviously can't get to them all. I have two mates who take my tickets but they aren't always in a position to go.

Ticket resell would be ideal as I'd never give my ticket out to a stranger.

saltire78 and CookieMonster like this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I dunno attendances are up covid with year shutout has made people more eager to go to the football so different from sitting watching on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

19. dmccourt95

The stadium would never be supported by the SFA for a European final so a total waste of time doing it for that reason

20. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Would love to see an entirely new main stand.

It would probably take the attendance up to over 75k if it's similiar to the North Stand and it's very unlikely that we'd ever fill it for games outside the Klan and in the Champions League.

But I'd still like to see it. That stand is badly in need of modernisation.

martin_d, CookieMonster and saltire78 like this.