1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sead Haksabanovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 24, 2022.

Discuss Sead Haksabanovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Just get rid, shocking attitude and we need better

HoopyT likes this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

No future at Celtic park

HoopyT likes this.
  3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Kind of player that will have an insane YT compilation . Goes missing, isn't athletic and attitude reeks. Punt.

eire4, Artorias and HoopyT like this.
  4. Onefootwonder

He's a strange one. Some of the things he can do with a football look really impressive. He has talent.

He does go missing when it really matters.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye his technique is good. If you stuck it in Maeda we'd have a belter of a player.

But everything else sadly lacking.

NakamuraTastic and McChiellini.. like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sead Haksabanovic returns after the season from Stoke to Celtic after his loan spell.
    FotbollDirekt.se has previously revealed that.
    Now FD can reveal the name of clubs that can buy him this summer from the Scottish big club. The main tracks are in Serie A.

Already last autumn, a bit into the loan with Stoke, English Football Insider reported that Sead Haksabanovic wanted to permanently leave Celtic, either in the winter window or this summer. According to FI, he was then dissatisfied with mixed signals he considered to have received from management - and limited playing time.
    In just a couple of months, the summer window begins and options around the former Russia professional are already starting to move.
    There is nothing wrong with the attraction value.

Several clubs are paying attention to him and according to FotbollDirekt's sources, there are mainly several options in Serie A. It is about the likes of Verona, Torino and Parma, who lead in Serie B.
    The price of Haksabanovic looks like it could be around three million euros, which is half of what Norrköping sold him to Russian Rubin Kazan for - but also one million euros less than what Celtic paid for him.
    Now it remains to be seen how Celtic's sporting management view Haksabanovic's return. Should he be included in the plans of coach Brendan Rogers - or not?

7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Move him on and if we get money for him even better.

Morcombe and Hammy89 like this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Needs * off, never going to make it here.

Morcombe likes this.
  9. kenniemk2

Basically gonna go for what we paid we also got a loan fee for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. oh bhoy

did he get a 5 year contract too,i think hes pretty good and we could have been doing with him this season with any luck we will get a top winger for each side and get rid

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He seemed to have a * attitude, moaning on social media about not being a regular. He never earnt it though.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Should be one of the players we sell this summer. Has ability but clearly has a crap attitude. If we got 3m for him that would be solid IMHO.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sead Haksabanovic is contracted to Celtic until the summer of 2027 but, in truth, doesn’t appear to have a bright future in Glasgow.

There was initially hope about his signing under the management of Ange Postecoglou but he never really established himself as a regular in the Australian’s starting eleven

After getting a good look at him last summer, Brendan Rodgers then sent him to Stoke City on loan for the 2023/24 season but the Montenegrin international failed to impress there, too. He made just 11 Championship starts as part of 21 appearances in all competitions.

It would be quite the turnaround for him to make it back into Rodgers’ plans now and a summer exit seems most likely, but to where?

Italian newspaper La Gazzetta Dello Sport [10/06 print edition, p. 31] reckons he could be heading to Serie A

The outlet states that newly promoted side Parma are keen on the player and are working with the Bhoys on reaching an agreement.

They reckon he would be a backup option in Italy as Fabio Pecchia tries to put together a squad capable of staying in the division.

In April, Swedish reports indicated that Celtic would accept a fee of around £2m for the player this summer, but it remains to be seen whether anyone will bite on that asking price.

Whatever Celtic can get for the player would be seen as a bonus for plenty of fans. It’d also be preferable to see him leave permanently than on loan.

Rodgers needs to reduce the size of his overall squad, especially in the context of looking to make quality additions this summer. Hopefully, this reported Parma interest will come to fruition.

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Would be absolutely delighted to get £2m for him. Would even accept a smaller deal up front with a percentage of next sale, just to get him off the books. Italy would probably suit him, too. Slower pace, more technical.

15. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I was looking at the Stoke forums to see how they rate him, doesn't look like they're very impressed.

They also seem to be under the impression that Stoke tried to cancel the loan in January and we refused. Doesn't look great for him, unfortunately.

NakamuraTastic and Skelleto like this.
  16. Foley1888

See when he first came in he looked a player, he definitely has technical ability but lacks a yard of pace. The worst thing that happened to him at us was the Qatar World Cup. He was flying just before then and scored some great goals.

Got injured during that break and never really kicked on after.

If we are getting our money back or slightly better bite their hand off. I actually think he could do ok in Italy, pace of play is a bit slower and technical ability is valued highly. You also get longer on the ball than other leagues.

I am just hoping we are hearing there is interest in Oh, interest in Lagerbielke, interest in Johnston, and interest here I am hoping some of these turn into something more concrete and a few of these guys go. There are so many to get out the door no better time than now to start.

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Money back, off the books, I'll take that.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

thailandceltic likes this.
  18. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Oof pretty harsh but seems right.

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't see anyone buying, a loan is the best we can expect.

20. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I really rated him highly over here in Sweden as he was imo dynamite. I think his problem is a attitude problem rather than skill. Get rid.

I live in Halmstad and he was here training with the Halmstad squad last summer, and i have heard some talks about him talking pish about Celtic and not getting game time etc.