1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    you must get excellent weed butch :50:

2. Shane1888

If that's the basis of your argument, how do we know that any player in the world has been offered anything by other clubs then? Everything you read in papers is hear say, but we do know that clubs have been interested in him since he signed, despite you stating otherwise.

I literally felt my IQ dropping just typing that, so I can't imagine how you must feel saying something as ridiculous as that.

3. butch

i used to feel like you also.
    what your are experiencing is not a mental thing, it is yer HEART trying to tell yer head to wake up, a £10 million over spend aint doing us any good.:celt_2:

4. Celtic abu

5. gunt

I find it odd that the guys who just wont give Broony credit seem to have some sort of really deep dislike of the guy. I seriously think its not a football thing. I think some folk are narrow minded and see him as not one of us maybe even on a semi-subconcious level.

6. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> A bit deceptive.

He is now the penalty taker.

That is why his goal stats look marginally better.

In fact, all of his goals this season bar two have come from the penalty spot.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They still count and considering before Broony stepped up to the mark ee couldn't score worth a * from the spot he should be commended for it.

8. butch

oh I am wide awake I can assure you that, there are plenty on here only giving backing for his exhibitionist display, rather than his footballing display. When ever there is a following like sheep, there is always a need for a good sheep dog.

9. Markybhoy

At the end of the day, Broony does a great job for the team and Neil Lennon knows it. That's the most important thing. If this thread proves anything it's that some of the people who criticise Scott Brown haven't a scooby what they're talking about.

10. butch

again you think you have the bragging rights, NEIL LENNON was the same type of player, useless but was very fortunate to be in a side as like Brown that could be carried most games, but we could not carry any passengers when we met a quality team anywhere or any team up for it. as was the case on all our adventures. be it in europe or cup games

11. gunt

Lennon was not a similar player other than the agression. Lenny was a limited player who was brilliant at tracking runners, reading the game and doing a pure DM role. Broony is a more all round player. I think some people have a problem understanding the uglier roles in football. You cant have a team of silky Naka/Lubo players.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Have you never put the Whiskey down for 1 minute and wondered why he's been first choice for every Hibs, Celtic and Scotland manager?

13. gunt

or what McCourt has been rejected by three Celtic managers? Sometimes we just have to accept that managers know the players better than fans.

14. odonno

very true, haven't always been a fan of Brown for the price he came at but this season he has been excellent

15. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Based on what Butch has said in the past, I think he genuinely would like a whole team of silky Naka/Lubo players.

16. butch

but the thing is you forget to mention the teams he is plying in, when there is a bit of quality in it, he never seems to be in the winning side. as i said before he is lucky in games at times, as we can carry a player when playing nobody.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  17. butch

good scouting can get you that, the golden rule in football is make the ball do the work, no need for ankle snappers, and the chasing of shadows. football aint a new thing.

18. butch

as was the case, of the rangers managers that gave up on Dalglish and mcGrain. so your manger theory, is out the window.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    :56::56:

Butch is craaaazy

20. butch

you cant justify his cost , mate :bbpd: