1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. butch

you cant be "SERIOUS" Padmill even I, took you to have something between the ears, don't let them cloud your vision mate. Hee, Haw, the guys a donkey IMO.honestly talent aint that hard to spot.

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Whats with all the words in Capitals? :56:

3. The The Hand

Inter Milan not in for the Broonster yet? :bbpd:

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Steady down there John McEnroe!

I've been a questioner of Brown's application in the squad over the past few years - but this season he has stepped up and lead the team well.

Played some really good football at times as well.

Would rather have a donkey doing all the dirty work than a * carthorse like Maurice Edu who couldn't kick his shoes off his own feet!

5. butch

I can only compare like for like, with half the cost, aka IAN BLACK. he
    can give the same amount of entertainment, and would just about a mass the same amount of cards. both drive the same dodgem car, or look like the hungry donkey and the carrot. always chasing, never anyone chasing after them with all there so called drive.:celt_2:

6. MartinR

Did brown not only get 4 yellow cards this season or just over that. Sure he only got 2 last year aswell. Not very many from someone who couldn't control his temper when he first got here. He was there for the 2 game we lost the cup final and the semi but he was also there for the 17 on the trot that be did win...

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He's never actually had a problem with getting booked in reality.

He's always been classed as a hot head player but can you ever recall him doing a dangerous tackle?

He's only been sent off twice in his career, both for us and probably neither should have been a red. The "headbutt" to Lafferty and a "tackle" last season when he actually slid infront of a player to block and was sent off.

One of them players who pick up a reputation without ever doing much to earn it. I remember in one of his last games for Scotland he was booked and the commentator said "Scott Brown picking up his customary yellow card" and it was only his 3rd ever yellow card for Scotland in something like 25 games.

Kevin Thomson, Ian Black, Lee McCulloch and Kyle Lafferty are the only players I remember picking up bookings ever other week.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  8. butch

good Martin, what games would have mattered the most. of the 2 games we did not win, I would have thought those where the games for our captain to thrive in giving it as this is game where captains have the bragging rights when lifting the cup.
    one mistake even I can forgive, but as for 2 nope. IMO with Brown in the team i feel we are playing with 10 men, yes we have been wining, but not with ease.
    i would like to prove a few more wrong on here when we have 2 more attacking midfielders and i do think we have one guy ready to step up to the plate in twarzick spelling so I do have something to look forward too as its not all doom and gloom with me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  9. MartinR

The games that matterd most where the 17 games he played in and helped us win...this wining us the league. Everything else is was just a bonus. I'm sure at the start of the year we would of took the league and ran with it.
    The past 2 seasons I've seen brown grow as a player and think * get better. I don't see the daft kid who looses his temper every 5 minutes quite the opposite, I've seen him laugh of volatile situations.

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I find myself agreeing with butch.:86:

11. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    dunno where i stand with brown now-agree he has been good-not great-but it has been an unusual season-no doubt he will thrive in a no hun league-still dont think hes a captain

12. butch

grow you say, he is the only footballer that I know of that has had the equivalent of 6 apprenticeships, and what he has shown to date, no1 cant pass a ball, has no trapping skill, he needs a second touch to control a pass, has no sense of a weighted pass, and cant see a defence splitting pass to often, has a uncontrollable shot, has one trick of sort, a turn about when there is no man on him, and also has a limited ability to head a ball, good point. I guess runs about, what for I have no idea, tends to stop our attack with side ways passing, bad habit of pointing to team players, to punt it forward, only for himself when on the ball, to play it sideways or back ways.

13. McAvenniesBoots

Fav Celtic Player:
    I'll give you two guesses!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    ...what positive attributes are you able to credit Scott Brown with Butch?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  14. butch

just ask your self why pay 25k a week for 52 weeks, then wonder why we cant get another of a better standard, ask your self how much have we spent on him in 4 years, counting the fee way paid Hibs you will be shocked at the cost. £10 million and still counting.

15. McAvenniesBoots

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I'll answer that after you answer my question. can you give him any?

16. butch

i already gave him one, he can turn when there is no man on him. thats why we are paying him 25k a week aint it

17. The The Hand

Looks good in a mankini.
    Not as fat as Rooney.
    Does the Broony.

I thank you. :icon_mrgreen:

18. McAvenniesBoots

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    ...but it's not just all about being able to do a turn Butch, ..what about his bravado, confidence, never-say-die-attitude, his crowd repeatable stance and song, his care-free-exuberant-post-Celtic-goal-celebrations, his penalty taking strike rate???

you can't deny his hot tempered attiutude has improved vastly this season. A successful team needs a full spectrum of abilities and Scott is delivering his fare share.

25k a week?? now that's a wholly different debate!!!

19. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    those are all very minor attributes, he cant play football and for all his great attitide he has failed to lead the team in sitautions where we really needed a captain to step up, like the cup final or cup semi final, add on that he is a crap footballer and is on 25k a week and we should all agree that the team would be better off if brown was sold for a few million

20. McAvenniesBoots

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I think he has stepped up like a captain in pressure situations, his penalties show this... the failings in those games were the whole team's not just the Captains ...but, that said

...Charlie Mulgrew is the rightful Captain.