1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He's got to have a gig lined up somewhere on tele. He's far too funny to just drift into the nothingness of retirement from football.

Get him on Sportscene for the bants.

littlekennie and Liam Scales like this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Brown would reportedly be open to a return to Celtic this summer as Brendan Rodgers' No.2.

It comes amid the news that Dermot Desmond is preparing an offer to bring the Irishman back to Parkhead, having persuaded him to meet face-to-face with chief executive Michael Nicholson and chief financial officer Chris McKay in Marbella. Rodgers is Celtic's top choice to replace Ange Postecoglou and Record Sport revealed on Monday night that Desmond had two phone conversations with the Irishman.

He was leftin no doubt about club’s desire to bring him back to Glasgow and was given reassurances before Nicholson and McKay presentation outlining the current structure in place behind the scenes and emphasising their ambitions to make Celtic more competitive in the Champions League. Rodgers is now considering the pitch and it's reported that he could well return to Parkhead with Brown as his right-hand man.

Current Fleetwood boss Brown broke out on his own a year ago but the Scottish Sun say he has kept in constant touch with Rodgers and it would "massively appeal" to him to be part of his coaching staff at Parkhead. Rodgers is set to lose his long-term assistant Chris Davies who is lined up for the Swansea top job while John Kennedy could follow Postecoglou to Tottenham...leaving Rodgers without a right-hand man.

Brown joining the coaching team would earn Rodgers some brownie points (no pun intended) with a large section of the support who would need winning over after the nature of his 2019 exit for Leicester. And it's claimed he would be "in the frame" to be the new assistant manager if Rodgers needed one.

4. Lewis Kerr

Brown would jump at the chance to come back here. He's at a nothing club in Fleetwood and while it's been a good experience for him, he's never saying no to us, especially as assistant manager.

I personally wouldn't want Brown back just yet. I wanted the club to continue on its trajectory under Ange with fresh ideas and a new look backroom team under a new manager.

But as Rodgers coming back is looking like a cert, it's no surprise they want another old face back in the fold. Got nothing against Brown but it all seems a little bit like going back in time for me.

Let's face it, if his name wasn't Scott Brown he wouldn't get anywhere near the job. His lack of coaching pedigree is pretty evident as it stands.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He done pretty decent at Fleetwood last year, and with their status and budget I'd be shocked if he could do much better.

Still, would have loved to have seen him go down the managerial route proper, wouldn't be against having him back in some capacity.

6. PaddyJamieson

Bit weird if he came back to be a number 2 after beginning his managerial career, but I get it as a fan. He must love the club as much as any of us and the lure of coming back in any capacity would be too strong.

Not sure how I feel about the whole appointment though. Has a feeling of 'knows the city' about it.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  7. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Could also be that he thinks the manager he’d be working directly with (if true btw) would be better for his development than the lower leagues of England. Rodgers done a * lot for him as a player, people forget about that. He would have a high opinion of him, and be aware of the experience he could gain there.

The last point you made there, aye it can be taking as that, or it could be taken as a manager bringing in somebody he’s worked closely with who’s went out himself and been quite at the beginning of his coaching career, and is the obvious candidate to bring in to help him with what he’s wanting.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  8. PaddyJamieson

Aye, that's all true. I know how much he admires Rodgers so could just see this as too good a learning opportunity to pass up.

But aye, if true of course.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don’t think for a second he’d turn down being Rodgers’ assistant manager to stay at Fleetwood.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Edited a bit in there as well ye were too quick off the mark for me :56:

Rodgers knows Broony as well, Broony’s also done quite well for himself. It’d strike me as Rodgers wanting a management team he knows backs him, is competent and knows back to front how he likes to operate.

And then there’s the experience of club captain, knowing what’s needed and his winning mentality. It’s more than just he’s been here and sentimental reasons.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  11. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Either do I. Especially because he’s probably aware the easiest way it goes at Fleetwood from this season is downhill and he knows how much he gain from being under a manager he’s worked with, who has very high standards.

At a club he loves as well.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Broony is flying there:56:

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  15. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Huns will find a way to link this to Celtic and our always impending downfall, they’re that scared and desperate.

The owner and former chairman of Fleetwood Town FC has been jailed for a multi-million pound fraud which "duped" firms into expensive energy contracts.

A trading standards investigation found Andy Pilley mis-sold gas and electricity contracts and posted fake customer comments on websites.
    Pilley, 53, of Thornton-Cleveleys, Lancashire, resigned as chairman and club director of the League One side following his conviction last month.
    He was jailed for 13 years.
    Following sentencing, Fleetwood Town said: "The club would like to reiterate convictions are against individuals and not Fleetwood Town FC, or any of the businesses associated with them, and will continue to operate as normal."

It added the club "remains in communication with the EFL in relation to the implications of the convictions and will now be making an application to the League in relation to a change of control

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Done a good job with them last year, took them from certain relegation to midtable.

18. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

He’ll be ambitious,see his own thugness on the toast etc Why be number 2 when you could be the Suge.

19. TheHappyLoss

Absolutely no idea what any of that means :giggle1:

Tim-Time 1888, NomDePlum and JC Anton like this.
  20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Same. Best guess is it means we are old.

TheHappyLoss likes this.