1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocco Vata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Liam Scales, Jul 8, 2021.

Discuss Rocco Vata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    If he’s good enough then it’s critical to blood him and get him on a long term contract. There was a lot of talk in the off-season about getting the younger lads around the first team set up, so maybe he’s developing well there and not far away from getting an opportunity.

2. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Pleased for the lad getting on, looked decent when he was involved, shows that pathway is possible, id like us to keep having at least a youth on the bench to get game time in games like that, it proves the pathway and gets them much needed experience

3. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Only issue is if a youth gets 5 appearances for the first team they then can't play for the B team

4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. Foley1888

I think we may try loan him out in January, him Tobi and Bosun, possibly Summers and Anderson could all be doing with being tested at a higher level.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What are the chances he makes his debut the season we have that strip :56:

Praying the bhoy keeps making strides, been far too long since we've had a forward come through the youth system and be a first team player.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd like to see him get a loan to a bottom prem side like Ross County. Think he could get game time there..

Or top end championship a Dundee or something..

I like him. Would've preferred him getting on on the right wing and Forrest moving left as he's the more experienced player and played left a lot for us..

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ideal game to bring him on.

Hammy89 likes this.
  9. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Looked good, was gutted Jamesy went for the dig rather than slip him in.

10. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye, that's per half of the season and I see no real issue there, good to rotate about and if they prove to be this level they should be, the b team isn't there to be it's own team, it's there to develop players

11. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    If the kid is in and around the first team and coming on against Hibs in the league then he really shouldn't be going back to playing lowland league after the year.

I get a player should earn the right to be in the squad ahead of senior players but we 100% should be bringing the likes of Lawal, Summers and Vata on in games when we're 2 or 3 up in for the rest of the season, I think that would be much better than a loan deal this season.

I get the 5 games rule but for Vata and Lawal especially they should think of them as first team players now if Ange believes there good enough, With the homegrown uefa rule aswell its needed that we develop our own.

12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Stupid idiotic rule. It's like they dont want youth to come good in Scotland. a complete joke of a setup.

13. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I kinda get it, they want to protect the sporting level there for the players at that level, having dual registered players is an oddity of being able to play in both the first team in the premiership and the lowland, I'm not too sure exactly how it works in Germany/ Spain etc on that either, the potential to play 9 games in the prem before you can't is fairly generous and it would be unlikely to see it come up, it's a rule that sounds harsher than it is

If we had someone that cracked it while still being under 19 and getting that many first team games we'd not want them in the youth anymore anyway we'd want them fully in the first team squad.

Skelleto likes this.
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Thought he showed well for the ball last night, looked to get forward and cut in to the middle when play was attacking and looked to fit in to position well with the side.

Early days for sure, but the signs are there. The signs that he either needs game time to play and develop with us, or we need to loan him to a fellow prem team to get adequate game time.

Would be nice to see him at another prem club for the next 5 months, come back to us in the summer ready to play his part.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If Forrest passes he's got an easy goal

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think he’d benefit from a lower league English side loan next season, get a ton of games under his belt and some goals to boost his confidence. * sending him to a team of Scottish long ball cloggers.

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie...ori-presenti-piace-a-milan-e-juventus-1772607

Scottish Premier League debut for Rocco Vata , born in 2005 at Celtic from Glasgow. Of Albanian origin, yesterday he played for six minutes during the match against Hibernian (which ended 0-4) after his excellent performances in the Youth League. Many observers were present for him: Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid. Roma, Juventus and Milan are also interested in Vata.

20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s quite well built already for his age and has pace, looked confident when he came on. Needs a loan move though for sure.

Peej likes this.