1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocco Vata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Liam Scales, Jul 8, 2021.

Discuss Rocco Vata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The boy has certainly bulked up. Wherever he ends up the only thing that will teach him how to use his physique is playing first team football. The next 2-3 years are crucial for him. Unfortunately for us we have a * poor record of giving youth players a proper chance

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he he signs with us, and I hope he stays, we get him out on loan next season. He'd definitely do the business for any team in our league.

Hammy89 likes this.
  3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

If he stays he needs to be loaned out for the remainder of this season. He's only played today because of the Asian Cup, in truth.

4. stevoEOS

It just conveys a very negative message to young players trying break through imo especially when we’re giving minutes to absolute dross who are older.

The_Bhoy, James Mc and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  5. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't see it as an outrageous statement in the slightest. If anything he is just setting Vata's expectations abit. If he wants to stay and fight for his place then as a club we will happily look to develop his talent and both sides can win together. If he wants wants to gamble on first team football elsewhere then that is equally fine, we can't field a weaker team based on a potential return - like Brendan said, you have to earn the right to play in the starting 11 and it's the same with any big club. If we were a mid table team with the luxury of bleeding a promising 18 year old in then fair enough but a club our size goes out to win every game, so you play the 11 that is most likely going to make that happen.

bhroom and Jeannie960 like this.
  6. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Looked lovely against a Highland league side.

Should be loaning up the leagues for the remainder of the season for a better gauge of how the lads developing.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I think I'm with the manager on this one. He has to go on his own assessment of him. If he's looking to be a first team pick he needs be up to it. He's only 18 and whilst he has talent he isn't a stand out. A bit more time who knows what could happen. Sometimes at that age they start to believe in their own hype. Be humble work hard and you will get your rewards. As in life some young folks like to get ahead of themselves too soon without putting in the miles. You have to earn the right. I agree we do still have some dross in the team but for what it's worth I think BR might be working to put together a good side. We have so many talents in the team and he's looking for a certain standard of play.

Bangarangura and stubhoy07 like this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think he's saying just because you aren't getting game time now, doesn't mean you are written off.

bhroom and Jeannie960 like this.
  9. stevoEOS

It’s definitely open to interpretation. Another interpretation could be that he’s effectively saying you’re unlikely to get much game time in the 1st team in your teens unless you’re the next KT. I’ve no issue if he feels Vata isn’t ready although I struggle with that as I said given some of the other players who have been chosen ahead of him this season. My main issue was the fact that it felt like a bit of a blanket statement to make that would be disheartening to the youth talent we have coming through.

10. Bangarangura

That makes sense then

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Exactly what I am hoping happens. Get him on a new contract and immediately get him loaned out to ideally another spl club for the rest of this season.

Zander likes this.
  12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, you have to imagine he must be good enough for a Motherwell or something by now.

Hammy89 and eire4 like this.
  13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    The likes of Barca Ajax Man Utd etc. have no problem playing teenagers but we need them wait till there 20s and gone on loan a couple of times

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree that he has to earn his place, but he needs to be given the opportunity to earn it as well, which is don’t think he has been. He has always performed reasonably well when he’s played, so should be getting game time over the likes of Forrest and Johnston. I don’t blame him if he leaves.

The other part about a club our size not giving chances is bullshit. Our squad is better than the rest and our best 11 is miles ahead, to suggest we can’t give a youngster chances is just rubbish.

Aside from the game against rangers or in Europe, we can definitely afford to leave out a player or two to give some youngsters a chance. Every other huge club seems to be able to. Liverpool, challenging for the premier league, had 3 academy players start born 2001 or later and another 3 come off the bench , one of which was 18. But we can’t give just one academy player a chance?

15. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    you clearly don’t know our fan base one loss and it’s world war 3 the pressure on our manager after one loss is unreal it’s not like any of those other clubs at all it’s unique at Celtic and Rangers.

He has to show up in training aswell etc he has done ok when he’s came on, picking other more experienced players I can see the managers thinking behind this.

Have him on the bench and give him minutes depending on the situations we’re in. why should he play before someone if they’re working harder in training and showing the manager more?

Yeah he’s talented but a loan would do him good for sure in our league see if he can handle the step up 90% of the opposition he’s played is of lowland league level so loan is a good option

16. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Paradise_Bhoy likes this.
  17. sabzz1888

If you are good enough....you are old enough.

Clearly not good enough "yet"

18. apevrak

Barca B and Jong Ajax play in the regular league pyramid, United reserves in the PL2, playing against professional footballers every weekend from the age of 17-18. When they’re 20 they usually have two full seasons of professional football under their belt. Our B team plays amateurs in the fourth tier without posibility to promote from the league.

eire4 likes this.
  19. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    So I randomly picked FC Copenhagen as a comparison.
    They have 2 players 19 with 6 and 25 appearances and a 20 year old with 53 appearances obviously playing since he was at least 19. I'd say if I checked Norway I could find one of the bigger teams with a similar if not better record. That's even excluding bodo

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not seeing any mention of what Rodgers says about him, that he has the tools but has to focus on doing things the right way and being a top professional. BR is trying to coach that into him and caving in to his agent's demands certainly won't help the boys progression.