1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. henriks tongue

Reo was a yard off it in final, but so was everyone else (except AJ and CCV), even Maeda looked lathargic
    maybe the league win and the adrenaline dropping off all round lowered the sharpness.

Reo will be back on it for start of season, key player for us

Henry McNamara likes this.
  2. Maestro 08

He's guilty of that off the ball laziness quite a lot. Watching the pre season games you just knew he wasn't gonna start the season. Could clearly hear Rodgers in those games losing his rag, shouting at him over and over to give the guy on the ball and option. He also gives the ball away far too needlessly. That will drive Rodgers tonto as well. If BR has his way I think he'll be an impact type player next season, if he's here at all.

AdamRS and NakamuraTastic like this.
  3. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    My only criticism of BR in past months has been his reluctance to make subs earlier. It was obvious from very early on that Hatate ( and Kyogo for that matter) was not at it. Waited until 77th minute to put Bernardo on when certainly should have happened at half time. The very definition of a luxury player at the minute..

4. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He will really need to sharpen up preseason. Been a shame for him this year being in and out through injury but Rodgers has persevered the last 2 months so match fitness and sharpness isn't really an excuse just now. Defo a couple of yards off the pace and should have been first off most matches for iwata or bernardo.

Hopefully a good bit of time off and a good preseason injury free henwill be back to his best

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    My brother was sitting with some agents down here on deadline day and one from Glasgow was talking was showing direct messages of him wanting to change agency or something and sort a move..

LloydsGamble likes this.
  6. Foley1888

I actually think it is time to sell him. I know he is not at peak value but I can see a situation like Ntcham happening.

Not comparing attitudes but more if someone doesn’t want to be here their performance will dip, and we could end up with a fairly unhappy player who goes from being worth a decent fee to us to not contributing as they have done in the past.

It’s unfortunate timing given how much we already have to do this summer but see when we don’t make incremental improvements when we are on top you inevitably end up with these big rebuilds.

I would say for us when bringing young talents in within our target range, the shelf life of them being here is 18 months to 3 years maximum. It is also why it’s important to have a core of more established players with strong mentality. At the end of the day before these guys come here they see it as a stepping stone and even those that fall in love with the club, if they have real potential will want to move on and test themselves at a higher level.

It is also why we badly need to sort the scouting system and football operations out. Every window we should be bringing in 2 or 3 guys ready to compete for first team places to try to avoid having a turnaround of 5+ starters every few seasons. Like last summer yes we changed manager but when Hatate was peak value we should have looked to sell if he wanted out, there would have been offers.

It’s the same if we did get someone like Gronbaek that’s been mentioned. If he came in put up O’Riley- esq numbers it’s likely he will want away next year.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  8. Mr Diggler

I think he is a really class player on his day but when he is off it he can be like a man down. Not sure I would be advocating selling him at this juncture but he certainly needs a good pre season behind him. Hopefully stays injury free and can make a good contribution next season.

blackfish and NakamuraTastic like this.
  9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Despite him not being at his best this season his return to the team saw us go on our best run of form all season. We just seem a better team when he's in it even when he's not playing well

Last edited: May 30, 2024
    Henry McNamara and HoopyT like this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://web.ultra-soccer.jp/news/view?news_no=465960

"I will produce results and focus on the content," said Hatate Reo, who played in multiple positions during training. He vowed to make an impact, but "I will do it while watching the situation of the team.

Japan national team midfielder Reo Hatate ( Celtic ) announced the activities for the Japan national team.

On the 3rd, the Japan national team, which will compete in the second round of Asian qualifiers for the 2026 North and Central America World Cup (W Cup), started its activities. The only training open to the media was that of FC Tokyo defender Yuto Nagatomo , who was on a separate training menu

The training ended after about an hour and a half. They confirmed the build-up and played a mini game to prepare for Myanmar.

After the training, Hatate answered a media interview. It was his first call-up to the national team in a long time due to an injury he sustained at the Asian Cup, but he commented, "It's an honor, and even though the season is over, I want to do my best again." He spoke of his enthusiasm for the national team.

During training, he was used in various positions, including inside half, attacking midfielder, and winger

I think it's great to try new things," he commented. "I want to organize my thoughts clearly, both as an individual and as a team, and express that on the pitch," he said, expressing his desire to play calmly. Although the team

has already qualified, these two games are important for the final qualifying round starting in September. "I think these two games are important for both myself and the team, so I want to get good results as a team and focus on the content," he said, expressing his desire to achieve solid results

Hatate is in a fierce battle for a position. "I want to pursue my own results, but if I get too hung up on that, it can have a positive or negative impact on the team, so I want to keep a close eye on the team's situation and aim for it if there is an opportunity," he commented. While he wants to leave a mark on numbers such as goals, he

also wants the team to function properly. In training, he often plays in the midfield with midfielder Hidemasa Morita (Sporting CP) and midfielder Ao Tanaka

(Dusseldorf), who were his teammates during his time at Kawasaki Frontale. "It's partly because I've been playing for a relatively long time, but if I can play while watching the situation that is my strength, I think I can bring out my strengths as a player who has been playing for a long time, and I can bring out my strengths," he said, pointing out the possibility of a synergistic effect between him and the opponent, who he knows well

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Was my favourite player before this season; but Maeda, CCV and O'Riley have all overtaken him. I think with the right attitude, he is a class player; but I also think he hasn't always shown a good attitude or a willingness to adapt his game for the team this season.

I trust Rodgers to decide whether it's best to keep him or sell him.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
    NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I was of this opinion as well, but seemingly of his 16 appearances this season he has manager a rating of 7.36 which is good.
    His defensive numbers are not great though.
    Id like to see us bring in competition.

13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Wait till he has a full pre season under him and he will be back to his best next season.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I look forward to those 3 games.

15. Big C

I hope he finds some form, he can’t be carried the way he was since his return.

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It was a very stop start season for him, he definitely made a big impact when he came back from injury for the run in but just fell off in the last few games.

We’d be stupid to sell, on his game he’s our best player just needs to avoid injuries.

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I definitely don't want to sell him but if an offer comes in around £12m, we would be silly not to take it, in my opinion.

greengrocer likes this.
  18. celtic20

In no position to be demanding a move. Injured for most of it whilst being fully paid by the club and only made a handful of impactful appearances after his return from injury. Clubs won't be queuing up to buy him either and we shouldn't be going out of our way to get him out the door.

Owes us another season at peak fitness in my view.

blackfish likes this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He really needs to put more effort in. Im not convinced that his drop in form is due to rodgers / tactics. I think that he dont give 100% and that is what worries me when it comes to Hatate.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Might be 3 important games, you never know.