1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Said this at end of last season and still applies this season....

Until he's capable of consistetly playing well for 90 mins big teams aren't coming in for him.
    His fitness is a joke, he is constantly blowing out his * after 60 minutes and usually needs subbed right after it bcoz he seems incapable of completing the simplest of passes at that stage.

2. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Has been off it last few games. Guilty of stray passes and tracking back is weak. Has all the ability but athleticism is suspect.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Maestro 08

If Rodgers gets the backing he wants I don't think Reo will be a starter next season. There was a reason Turnbull started the season even when Hatate was fit and as recently as a couple of weeks ago the manager was bemoaning him not being able to keep hold of the ball. On his day he's an excellent player but seems to be too inconsistent.

NakamuraTastic and Double Dutch like this.
  4. murphy88

Quality player who I think needs a pre-season. He missed a lot of football through injury and his form hasn’t been a huge surprise for me. Think it goes in our favour his poor form as I think it means we will get another year from him. He will come back next season far better than he finished this one.

Henry McNamara likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Thought he was absolutely * yesterday and should have been hooked long before he was.

People say Maeda frustrates them, I don’t think we’ve ever had a player that frustrates me more than Reo. All the quality on the ball you’d ever want and can never put it together consistently. Rodgers, evidently with his comments, thinks the exact same.

6. LloydsGamble

Is this something you're able to share, mate?

7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Good to hear someone else say what I’ve always thought about him. Capable of the sublime, but a lot of the time, sublimely incapable.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I think he's becoming a bit of a luxury player.. I'd actually be surprised if he's here next season

martin_d likes this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    His position is one of the positions i am confident we can get better. He is good on his day, but he should not be starting games imo. He has not been nearly as consistant as you need to be a starter. He needs to prove his worth.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    NakamuraTastic and martin_d like this.
  10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I definitely want to keep him unless we get a really good fee but we need to bring in a midfielder to replace him in the starting lineup, he's got all the ability in the world but his inconsistency isn't getting any better.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Need some other options in there next season. He's not consistent enough.

Sgt Neppers* and Skelleto like this.
  12. Mr. Slippyfist

Hatate was so * infuriating and lazy on Saturday.

The worst bits for me was in the 2nd half, when Taylor (I believe) was taking throw ins high up in their area and Hatate was just standing still giving no option for Taylor to throw it into space, and the two times in close succession this happened we ended up losing posession there and then.

Not good enough, and how a young man like that as a professional football can always seem tp be struggling for fitness and blowing out of his * after 60mins so regularly is baffling.

Great player, but quickly becoming a lazy *...

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Rodgers won't tolerate the slackness that comes from Hatate, he hates that in our midfielders it's all about securing possession of the ball..

He's got so much ability but think our midfield will look totally different next season.

charlietully and martin_d like this.
  14. DonnyCelt

Hatate needs a good pre season. Get focused again and be the player we all know he can be.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

It's a strange one because other than Iwata and the usual laser-focused face of Maeda, Hatate and Kyogo have looked like dour-faced wee * for large parts of this season.

My personal opinion is both of them, or at least one of them won't be here much longer after the start of pre-season, or sooner...

JC Anton likes this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I think Kyogo has struggled the most from the transition from Ange to Brendan.. he makes the runs but we don't find him as much, he also had Jota and Abada in the front 3 with him, totally different from we have now and a definite downgrade especially in terms of Jota.. Idah made all the difference in so many ways, but that real competition kicked Kyogo on again.

Rodgers seemed not to take to Hatate from the get go, playing Turnbull ahead of him. Hatate does come across as petulant and some if it is his character, but you do wonder if he wants it enough here.

17. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Has this frustrating habit of trying to tackle a player from the wrong side and doesn't have the physical strength to do so. Big summer for him as I think that is one position Rodgers is going to look at strengthening. Cameos during games are all well and good but that role demands an athleticism to get up and down the park and impose yourself. Not sure Reo has got that.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye Kyogi has definitely struggled. Thinm it was the same with Vardy at Leicester under Rodgers - both players prefer to play on the shoulder or play into spaces, whereas Rodgers' system differs from us playing those type of killer balls at the sake of losing posession.

NakamuraTastic and JC Anton like this.
  19. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    The problem is that ‘the player we all know he can be’ still - at best - tends to be slack with the ball. He’s just a bit better at teamwork, anticipation and shooting.

20. themouth1888

I don't think it's any coincidence our form picked up when he come back in. But he is the type that you know within 10-15mins if he's on a going day or not.

But that's the reason we have him or still have him even. If he was showing what he can do every week he would be long gone or never got here in the first place.