1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Getting him back fit could be the difference for us in this run-in

2. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Should get a bounce game organised during the break.

Ryanm1984, BhoyFitz and JC Anton like this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He could be the difference but also think we need to remember how * baws he was when actually fit.

I don't think he's looked bothered for a while.

On form he's unreal but if be surprised if we see that this season anyway. Hope I'm wrong.

4. Foley1888

See in terms of looking bothered he definitely would be now having missed so much of the season. Come in at the business end, do the business earn a move.

I agree about attitude though, I think he wanted a move last summer. He had a totally different energy about him when being filmed turning up for Japan at the Asia cup.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Annoyingly, 2 games he had on form and excellent, after him and Rodgers had a one on one coaching session apparently. Then he got injured.

His goal earlier this season, after that game Rodgers talked about them having the one on one and they realised what both need from the other, he scored my goal of the season I think and had a stormer. Played quite good, not * all conquering like he can, but better and more settled. Then he got * injured.

He came on briefly before the break and he went to the Asian Cup and he looked hungry to make an impact and done well the brief cameo he had.

Went to Asian Cup, * injured.

Originally he was touted to be fit for around the middle of that tournament, another rush back I think, more likely from his side desperately trying to get to the tournament but it’s another example of rushing injured guys back, CCV, Welsh and Hatate I am certain we have done it with this year. And that’s had a major effect

BhoyFitz and Wllm like this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Japanese playmaker Reo Hatate, meanwhile, is making good progress after a month and a half of rehab following a calf injury suffered at the end of January while starring for his country in the Asian Cup

BhoyFitz, Wllm and 88jimmij88 like this.
  7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

• Brendan Rodgers has revealed Reo Hatate could be back in business for Celtic before next month’s Rangers showdown.

The Hoops boss admitted the midfielder is stepping up his injury comeback bid and is expected to be in the first-team mix during next week’s international break. Hatate got crocked on Japan duty at the Asian Cup and hasn’t featured for Celtic since the first week of January. The 26-year-old has managed just 13 club appearances during an injury ravaged campaign. But Rodgers is convinced there is light at the end of the tunnel and Hatate should be on board for the run-in
    He said: “Yeah, Reo is progressing well. He’s out on the pitch doing his work so we’re hoping that after the international break he’ll be with the squad. He’ll be training with the group in the international break and will be available afterwards. It’s more looking for the Livingston game afterward the break

After the international break, we’ve got a big game then. Just having the availability of that level of player, the dynamism he has, clearly it’s something that we’ve missed. So to have him back will be great.”

8. Slaw

Reo was outstanding at the AC too by all accounts

9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He shouldn't have been at the asia Cup after all the injuries he's had last season and especially this season.
    Fingers crossed hes up for the run in fight coz MOR form has been more than worrying and with calmac out we need him more than ever now

10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik

Was about to say, how many players are we going to do this with this season? Who will be our next saviour?

We have already been through this with Hatate earlier in the season, CCV, Kyogo, Maeda.

Too many fans are looking for an individual saviour instead of realising the root cause which is the system these players are coming back into.

Hatate didnt sustain any kind of real form earlier in the season and unfortunately it looks like his injury problems will need to be closely managed.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I can’t remember it being a thing with Kyogo, was he out injured? With Maeda it was also not so much guy being the answer, just being missed. CCV unquestionably is that big miss and has been us waiting and praying for him being back consistently and playing every week, and I don’t think that’s wrong at all.

Hatate just before injury was starting to show why he’s rated, had got a new contract and speculation put to bed, was showing that he was bedding in to Rodgers team and understanding what was needed. Apparently was good at the AC as well, then picked up another injury.

As long as we don’t rush it back, him coming in for a half hour a game until he’s fully match fit on form is perfect right now, we don’t have quality to come on right now.

adequate citizen Zenon, Slaw and Wllm like this.
  12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Was it a tear of the calf ? Felt he should have been back by now if it was just a strain ?

13. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    The way this season is going with injuries it wouldnt surprise me if Reo got injured again in his first game back. We've had zero luck with injuries this season. It has been constant and has had a major affect on us

BhoyFitz likes this.
  14. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I think rodgers said that he tore both calf’s. Pretty sure he said something along the lines of that in a presser soon after

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

cheers, makes sense now

be good to get him back to what hes capable of

Crilly likes this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    First injury a different calf than the 2nd one? That’s a poor reflection on our sports science/medical department if so, it was something 20 years ago that’s been pretty much wiped out these days, the other leg being susceptible and weaker with an injury to the other one. Was very common, through overuse, over trained and used in ways its not regular when the other legs fine.

It was something that happened regularly, but its well known and fitness plans for injured players are honed to the extent to account for that. In most big clubs or competently run clubs anyway. Could just be bad luck tbf, but looking at our list of injuries and niggles when ‘fit’ again, I don’t give the benefit of the doubt there

17. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I’m pretty sure he said in the interview that unfortunately it looks like reo has done both calf’s. Like not at seperate times, whilst playing in that game for Japan. I dunno what to make of it, could be a freak accident or maybe they were both weak from his lengthy time out from the previous injury. Not too sure mate but I’m like 98% certain rodgers said that. Could also be that reo is made of glass

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Crilly Hakuhna matata

When he’s done n form we know what he’s capable of (best player in the league imo) but it’s just a question of whether it will take him a couple of games to get match fit and to find that form

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ahh, that’s horrendous luck by the sounds of it.

Wasn’t all that long ago he started playing pro-football, wonder if that has an effect? He’s had fitness issues, stamina falling off a cliff, at times with us. Occasional injuries, might be coincidental but it’s very Tam Rogic-ish, who had a similar background late to pro-football

Crilly likes this.
  20. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Yeah mate I’m not too sure it is quite worrying though after being out for most the season with injuries he comes back for a couple games then that happens. Hopefully we ease him back and he can stay fit. 20 mins against livi, then come on for the last 30 against the Huns to play through the lines of their tired defence sounds good

Liam Scales likes this.