1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Did someone not say in that Belgian goalie thread that he has signed an extension ?

2. jambo_cfc

Think we might look at Marshall for a surest replacement , contracts up at hibs , probably wouldn’t mind being 2nd choice , good voice in the dressing room and fits trained by club for Europe

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    No.

HoopyT likes this.
  4. apevrak

We should have a look at Jonathan Fischer, GK at Fredrikstad. 21 year old and almost 2m. Fantastic reactions for a big lad and decent footwork. Fredrikstad bought him for £500k in January from Danish second tier club Hobro and he already looks to good for Eliteserien.

HoopyT and Crilly like this.
  5. Paradise88

Nicola zalewski is out of favour at Roma. Winger. Polish international going to the euros. Always thought he had potential.

6. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd just like to add...* NO!

Hammy89 likes this.
  7. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Should of signed him 4 years ago for that position while we were waiting for Forster to stop dicking us about but not now. He's done

8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Hes had two failed stints now at Olympiacos and Urawa which doesnt bode well. We looking at the player he is now or the one he was when he played us?

martin_d likes this.
  9. SK89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Marshall is past his best, will probably end up at a Scottish Championship club, not good enough for Celtic now

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This

Just because he tore Taylor a new one a few years ago doesn’t mean he’s a great player. His record since suggests he’s not very good at all.

martin_d likes this.
  11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I’ve only watched him with Bodo mate so back then and thought he looked the business. So then, I doubt he’d lose all ability overnight though and basing my opinion on how he played then I think he’d be ideal but admittedly hsvent watched him since.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Doesn't bodo well you mean

neilly1987 and G_portillo like this.
  13. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    If we need a striker for a few seasons gets goals holds the ball up Chris Wood is a free agent after leaving Forrest. Could be decent on a 2 year deal.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Can Uzun

18 year old attacking midfielder, playing for FC Nuremberg in 2.Bundesliga. Had an incredible year, with 19 goals and 4 assists in 32 games for them this season. Has also played on the RW and as a ST but most of his games he has played deeper, in a more attacking midfield role. Might be out of budget already, currently valued at £12m on Transfermarket. Recently made his Turkish debut as well. Going to go onto bigger and better things. FC Nuremberg have never sold anyone for over £7m, so we may be able to get him for a record sale of theirs and a record fee for ours.

Fabio Carvalho

21 year old attacking midfielder who plays for Liverpool. Probably known to most of us on here. Had a great couple of years at Fulham, before signing for Liverpool for a compensation fee of around £5m. Has so much potential and started to show that in a loan spell at Hull in the final part of this season. Clearly not going to make it at Liverpool and had a disappointing loan at Leipzig, before he got another loan out to Hull. Performed really well there. At 21, he's had good Premier League experience with Fulham and Liverpool. Don't know if Liverpool would be willing to sell him but he's currently valued at £14m and unlikely we would be able to afford the sort of wages he is on but might be able to look into a loan with an option next season. Contract runs out in 2027, so he would still have 2 years left on his deal after a year long loan with us.

Georges Mikhautadze

One I've mentioned on here before but something I think we should try and look at. Moved to Ajax for £12m in the summer of 2023, after an incredible season with Metz in Ligue 2. Didn't work out for him there, with Ajax going through an incredibly difficult period last season and he was loaned back out to Metz in January with an option to buy for £10m. In Ligue 1, he played 20 times, scoring 13 times and registering 4 assists. It's very likely he's going to have some significant interest, given how he performed back in the top league in France. Metz won't be able to afford the buy option because they were beaten in the play off by St Etienne, so they will be back in Ligue 2 next season. Lyon have apparently registered an interest in him but we should be all over him. Especially at £10m. Still only 23 years old.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Jurasek the left back at Benfica is being touted to Rangers. If they are selling he is one we should be considering.

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Carvalho would be a shout.. unsure we would pay what Liverpool would want on a permanent deal.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd imagine mikhautadze will go for more than £10m surely? Suggested him before he went to Ajax.

Another we missed the boat on.

18. Foley1888

I am sure Metz have agreed to buy him back for £13m.

19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I thought it was £10m but they won’t be able to pay that with their relegation, I don’t think. Unless they have a buyer lined up for profit.

20. celtic warrior

Spurs announced release of Dier, Sessegnon, Tanganga and Perisic.

Injuries being a huge huge concern and that is without talking about wages... but Sessegnon be someone Rodgers could revive?