1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Paulo Bernardo

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Sep 1, 2023.

Discuss Paulo Bernardo in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Absolute shitebag. Needs to learn from that and fast. A performance that suggests he never had belief about our chances.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m not sure about shitebag, totally outclassed I’d say. He came in to CL games last season and done far better, he was like a deer in the headlights and couldn’t recover. But our full midfield was.

3. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's been decent in other European games, it was just one of those nights when most of the team never performed. At 21 and 22, both him and Engels will improve.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

I'd say that was the proper definition of a shitebag.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’d say hiding like Kuhn and Engels were rather than being caught out and in shock at being futile against the opponent, and it getting on top of you but still trying albeit uselessly isn’t a shitebag. He tried to look for the ball and take part, and because he did he was noticeably awful.

Compare to Engels, who hid, and whilst awful his name got mentioned 70 mins in and the general consensus was wait he’s still on the pitch, that was shitebag. Hiding. Bernardo was *, truly terrible but he didn’t hide, him trying not to be a shitebag is what made him noticeably * terrible.

His performance wasn’t good enough, definitely, but there’s a difference between that and a shitebag one for me.

Case in point for that for me is Calmac was largely the same, awful, didn’t hide, was in shock and overwhelmed, not hiding or shitebag performance either. Just *. Engels and Kuhn, and by the end Trusty. That was shitebag.