1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Kuhn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Jan 1, 2024.

Discuss Nicolas Kuhn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Diggler

I don't know his full name but it was James from the Huddle Breakdown. Obviously he is just a real geek but he does put in a lot of effort and as I say his previous profiles have been pretty much spot on to be fair to the guy. He felt Nawrocki would struggle physically, Lagerbielke had no pace and Yang was a bit of a wild card. Pretty much spot on. How he was able to profile guys and see they wouldn't fit but our head of recruitment couldn't concerned me.

bhroom and AdamRS like this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It’s him and Abada combined for me and it’s not the old ‘returning from injury guy almost like a new signing’ it’s a * very influential player, a player that would have been essential if fit the first half of the season rather than an MJ or a Yang or even a Maeda at times - Abada has consistently, very been a goalscorer and an assister. Very, very effective against a low block.

So with a very creative looking guy coming in, Abada coming back. Suddenly we’ve went from scraping the barrel, to some dynamic proper options.

And then that’s when I’m happy for a Forrest to come on to support and show his experience to see things out. Or a Yang to come on develop virtually pressure free rather than being crucial…

Maeda is freed up to be 2nd/3rd striker, or left wing or right wing.

We now have * options.

And then we can bring in to account, we also have Hatate back. And hopefully CCV

Pogues, bhroom and PaddyJamieson like this.
  3. PaddyJamieson

Can't believe I'm going to use this phrase, but Bernardo's like a new signing as well to be honest.

I think we can now let Yang develop properly too without the pressure of contributing straight away. Should hopefully do wonders for him.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bernardo is, came in last transfer window, 11 games or so? Been some very bizarre management of Bernardo for me. Didn’t get a chance at all, but Rodgers absolutely knew he was the option he could trust in the CL, at the highest level we’ll play and I think he carried out exactly what BR was instructing his role to be. Then when there’s been every other option tried or injured, he gets a run of games. And you can only ever judge a player after a solid run of games, so still early days for Bernardo with that, but he has been a revelation and showed his class and most importantly, had the freedom to play. Because it’s clear the CL role isn’t the way he naturally plays football, he was there to play it safe and keep the * ball and work like * off the ball. Which he done to a very high standard.

Why only trust him when no other options are there domestically, but have the surety of bringing him in out the cold for the hardest games we’ll get - that must show he was doing it day in, day out on the training pitch.

BR on a whole right now because we all feel frustrated about the lack of… * oomph and urgency in the market, is getting a bit of an easy ride because whilst I’m overall happy with how he’s dealt with the circumstances of the start of the season. He has also had some unexplainable baffling *, purely down to his management. I feel I go back to it all the time but Berna for Palma, chasing a game, when Berna’s clearly not rated and Palma was the only * creating goals at the time… that is * unexplainable to me. That felt like weaponised incompetence tbh

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers expects Nicolas Kuhn to be unveiled as his first January signing this week - despite fears of a hold-up over the transfer fee.

Parkhead chiefs have been locked in talks with Rapid Vienna over a £3 million, four-and-a-half year deal for the German winger. But Mailsport understands Rodgers is confident that one of his prime targets in this window will put pen to paper in the coming days. Kuhn was left out of Rapid’s mid-season friendly against Weiner Sport-Club yesterday.

The 24-year-old did a gym session on his own as he waited on the go-ahead to fly to Glasgow and seal his move away from Austria. Kuhn will be the first part of Celtic’s recruitment plan in January with Rodgers also targeting a left-back and a striker, potentially on loan. The left-sided attacker was previously at Ajax and Bayern Munich as a youngster - and will now aid Celtic’s Premiership title challenge.

He’s highly rated in the Austrian top flight, not least by Scottish defender Max Johnston who has faced him already this season. The ex-Motherwell kid, who plays for Sturm Graz, came up against Kuhn in September during a 1-1 draw - and says Celtic will be getting a big talent.

Johnston expects the German to be a success in Scottish football. Last season’s SFWA Young Player of the Year told Mailsport : “I came up against him when we played Rapid and, technically, he’s very good.

“But the thing I remember most about him is how quick he is. He definitely has pace and he’s had a really good season here so far If he signs for Celtic and brings those qualities I’m sure he’ll do well there.

Tommy25, JamesM09 and Crilly like this.
  6. oh bhoy

my initial post had already described the players that rodgers has said he wanted ,so i didnt throw any extra parameters in .1 goal every 7 games , 1 assist every 5 games tells me he would need to be doing a * of a lot better to make an impression here.some carrot on another site had posted his stats alongside mikey johnston's ,eerily similar

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’m always really curious about the assist stats, I’ve sat this season and watched Palma set up 4 perfect chances on a plate for guys, and every one missed. Easy chances.

0 assists at that point, if others put them away he has 4 assists. Does Palma have a better game because the 4 assists at that point, when the others haven’t missed sitters for the exact same chances?

Qué sera sera and AdamRS like this.
  8. Denzel Alonso

Lad looks to have genuine speed which is very positive

Looks technically very good

Working on final product can be coached - speed and technical ability cannot

9. oh bhoy

aye you can use statistics to prove anything you want

10. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    87.29% of statistics are just made up by someone anyway... :BR1:

11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    In fairness, and I know it's youtube but when you see some of the chances he has created for his team mates that they have missed(and we aren't talking difficult chances here), you could easily see him being into high double figures for assists alone. There were at least 6/7 chances he put on a plate in that 'half season highlights' video that Kyogo would have * buried. He probably does need to contribute more in terms of goals but with the platform we give him and the dominance we show? I think he will definitely score more goals here than he has in Austria.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Qué sera sera Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    ........and the other 16.79% are from people who aren't very good at numbers.

HoopyT, apevrak, johnboy19 and 2 others like this.
  13. oh bhoy

aye he looks good on the you tube clip but as you say who doesnt .he did create a lot of easy chances and the misses would throw up a lot of questions about the standard of football and ignoring that its almost impossible to gauge (in almost all cases) how he would do against teams who never venture out of their own box .he may well be a good player and do well and if it means we dont see johnston,forrest,tilio or yang thats all the better .hes a punt like all the players we sign and doesnt fit what i would consider quality and experienced player ,which is my bone of contention .the way rodgers was talking we were after players with a bit of pedigree ( and as i type that i realize listening to rodgers waffling ,maybe wasnt a wise move on my part)

14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  15. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song

Crilly likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Do not open a welcome thread until its confirmed by club!

Crilly, MynameisEarl and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Nicolas Kuhn will arrive in Glasgow this week after a deal was finally struck between Celtic and Rapid Vienna.

Football Scotland can reveal the German and his representatives will jet into the UK as early as tomorrow after the two clubs agreed on the finer details over the weekend. Rapid, as we told you, were hunting for a replacement after Celts made it clear Kuhn was their top target and things moved quickly. Kuhn made it clear the Hoops were his top choice after a conversation with Brendan Rodgers.

Football Scotland understands the deal is worth just shy of £3million and will be a four-year deal to add the playmaker to their ranks. He's expected to complete his medical after missing Rapid's recent friendly and their Turkey training camp. An agreement has now been met on all sides.

The former Ajax and Bayern Munich youngster has three goals and seven assists this campaign and will be one of a potential three incomings this January transfer window.

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t tell me what to do

Jacob knows and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Difficult to stop Crows AI algorithm.

Twisty and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll let you open the thread mate

The Thumb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.