1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thanks for the input. Circumstances say it could be.

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nope what circumstances?

Eddy has kicked his * in weeks.
    Bitton and Elhamed are squad players who have been played due to Jullien not being fit.
    Christie has never turned up against these *.

johnboy19 likes this.
  3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Far more to it than just the COVID situation but probably better you just forget it.

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Definitely up there, and with what will maybe be an unsettled lineup, all about how we go about it, which starts with the Gaffer...

Doogs., The Prof and moravcik1888 like this.
  5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thanks, had no idea it had been dismantled.. the directors must share the blame for allowing it to be disrupted without a new system in place. Seems such a basic thing for directors to insist on and surprised no share holders have taken them to task on it at AGM's

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don’t think the directors have any blame in this mate, they picked their manager and absolutely backed him to the hilt to be able to deliver in all areas for us.

And after what happened with Rodgers at Liverpool with the ‘transfer board’ you’d bet your boots that it was down to him demanding having his own people all throughout the club. Problem comes into play there when Rodgers thinks Lee Congerton is the man for the job, getting rid of John Park who had served us phenomenally up until that point.

The board backed their man and didn’t hedge their bets. Just a pity that man, although a world class coach, was naive in his choice of people to manage other sides of the business.

Think it’s something you’ll never see again from us, we’ll not allow any other manager as much power as Rodgers had.

Big C likes this.
  7. Big C

Not the boards responsibility during BR’s reign.

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    yeah that is why i see this as odd, if Rodgers only wanted a few staff then why not let him have them and keep our scouting system in place. Everybody knows that when a manager moves on he tends to take all his staff with him. Our recent signings gives me faith for the future if we continue like this

9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So is Lenny now in sole charge of the scouting? Was Delia before him ? Finding that hard to believe. Every company has a structure and ultimately it is the Directors responsibility to oversee every aspect. Who was responsible for giving Rodgers such far reaching powers and not having the foresight to ask what was wrong with the existing system that had served us pretty well.

Rodgers may have broken up the scouting system but someone at the club gave him permission to do it

10. Big C

As previously posted, we won’t get caught out like this again. I’d think when DD approached BR he’d have sanctioned mostly even to get his man, it was a right coup at the time.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The board obviously have to take the blame when it comes to Rodgers and Congerton.

Just because they backed someone fully doesn’t mean they didn’t make a mistake.

No modern club worth their salt gives a manager full control to completely dismantle everything. Even worse was that it was obvious after about 18 months how much of a mistake it was.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Youd think that but when we poach Marcelo Bielsa from Leeds, he shall have as much power as he wants :fear:

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

It is and hopefully he is up to it. The last thing we need to see on Saturdays team lines are any CL qualification type head scratchers in the selection/set he goes with.
    If I'm being honest that concerns me almost as much as the players we are down due to covid, although that might help Lenny as he will have to go with what he has and not try and shoehorn players in. Time will tell I guess.

One thing I really hope is there is no leaks on the team line up and any one who has heard anything will hopefully keep it to themselves and not look to be a wise * for the sake of a few likes.

moravcik1888 likes this.
  14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I think the board do need to take some of the flak for that. Although DD, probably, had the final say admittedly. It would be interesting to see/read the board meetings 'minutes' when the decision was made to give rodgers full control of that.
    One thing is for sure your last sentence will be 100% set in stone now I reckon and we better get used to it.
    ps I don't think he is a world class coach.

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I really hope Lenny plays the players in their correct position, we must go with a dedicated striker, this is not the game to experiment.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Definitely a world class coach mate. NoT so much a manager a world class manager.

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

18. Sgt Neppers*

Saturday is a massive game for him personally. He may be without 4 players but his squad is strong enough to handle it domestically.
    All eyes will be on him. Any weird lineup/formation that's trying to fit square pegs in to round holes and see us chasing shadows from the start won't bode well for him. A big test for him also after the last 2 games against them. They play the same way every time. 4-3-3, high press, and in your face for the whole game. If he and his staff and backroom staff haven't figured out a game plan then it's a long day ahead for the team and frankly not good enough. We are well in to the season now for and no excuses for short of match fitness etc.

That's said, Lenny is a smart man and has shown before when the odds are against him, he revels in it and pulls an ace out his sleeve. This is massive turning point for both teams already. Win and we'll bury them psychologically. Get them fired up and organised Lenny and let our quality and football do the rest.

HH....

19. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Agree with every word of that. Just play players in the correct position and it will be fine

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Nir and Hatem haven't come back, obviously. Edouard is back today and all the other internationals are fit and well. They've played in the past week so they'll be fit and ready

NL on Odsonne Edouard: "He'll be assessed today. We'll know more this afternoon."

NL on Ryan Christie: "We've been pushing hard to get Ryan involved. He's had two tests with us, both negative. We've been very confused and we want answers. I think our supporters would want to know the answers to that as well."

NL on advice to fans: "Please enjoy the game at home. Stay with your family and don’t put yourself or anyone else in jeopardy with every that’s going on and, hopefully we can put in a performance that you can be proud of and enjoy the game, but please, don’t travel.

NL: "It’ll be interesting to see the intensity and the tempo of the game. Both teams are capable of producing some very good football. We’re at home and it’s important that we consolidate our home form. I think it will be physical and fast, just like any other derby

NL: "We have prepared as best we can. All our preparations are done now, so we’re ready for any situation that crops up

NL on Albian Ajeti: "He’s trained the past couple of days so he’s fit and available.

NL: "We’re in brilliant form – we’ve won our last eight games. We’re scoring a lot of goals, so we’re very much looking forward to the game."