1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pogues

Nah mate thats a * narrative mate. Lennon thought it should have been a penalty for handball, which it should have been. Boyd and mcfadden thought the same. But that was before the offside was known. To say he was backing boyd up to the hilt is pish. In fact him and Sutton were taking the pish out of boyd at the end.

Crilly and Random Review like this.
  2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    And your post sounds like something a Hun would say.

(No, I'm not implying you're a Hun; I'm implying that your comment was worthy of one).

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    It is....but I can't stand him.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's all moot now, anyway, as it was offside; but FWIW I disagree with Lenny: it's clearly not deliberate and his arm is not in an unnatural position for my money. But let's be real, these handballs are often given these days. It even looks like he moves his hand towards the ball (although if you watch carefully, he's actually trying and failing to give their player a sly wee push*) It's not like Lenny's crazy for thinking it's a penalty. There's no comparison between this and the crap Andy Walker spouts.

* Which is * stupid in the box, he was unbelievably bad today.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I didn’t see what he said at the end but wasn’t impressed with what he was saying at half time.
    I still don’t think it should have been a penalty even without the offside.
    Backing hun claims for a penalty against us isn’t on for me. It would never happen the other way round with 95% of hun pundits.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's allowed to disagree with us and still love Celtic, mate. It's not like Walker or Burley, etc who seem to go out of their way to attack Celtic. I disagree with Lenny on lots of things, from that GB CL banner back in the day to this decision today; but he's still one of us IMHO and I still love him (more than I'll ever love Rodgers no matter what he achieves here).

NomDePlum and NakamuraTastic like this.
  7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What if he genuinely thought it was a stonewall penalty? Isn't he allowed to say so?

NakamuraTastic and Pogues like this.
  8. Pogues

Surely he's allowed to give a genuine opinion though mate. I agree with him fwiw.
    See if he's completely biased all the time he just makes himself look like a *, a bit like boyd.

NakamuraTastic and Random Review like this.
  9. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    He is allowed to do what he wants but I thought the half time coverage was appalling and Lennon played his part in that. The whole time spend going over what would have been a very soft penalty when there was loads to discuss.
    It always seems the same to me, hun pundits can be as biased as they like but our guys need to be careful about who they upset.

10. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Bang on

Random Review likes this.
  11. Pogues

You should have watched it after the game mate. Boyd bleating on that bernardo and nawrocki should have been sent off and Lennon pulled him up for it and told him to get the violin out.
    Sutton also ripped him for his comments on shankland/kyogo last week.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It was, absolutely. The way they kept on and on was the worst I've ever seen it. But Lenny's not responsible for what SKY do as a whole, only for his own actions. He was asked his opinion, which he was being paid to give, and he gave it. What else could he do?

NakamuraTastic and Pogues like this.
  13. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    From memory he said that he would be apoplectic with rage if that went against his team which played right into the hands of Boyd and the hun presenter. Adding fuel to the fire if you ask me but think we need to agree to disagree on this.
    I’ve never been overly bitter towards Lennon but thought some of his comments were poor today.

14. Pogues

See honestly mate. If that had happened at the other end and it was Goldson that handled it, we would all be apoplectic with rage. Lol.

Crilly and NakamuraTastic like this.
  15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Never really been able to get that annoyed at ex-players commentary, or opinions. Always find it a bit strange people get so worked up by them.

The amount of different opinions there can be in football is part of what I like about it.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Keeps up the standards as well for me. The Huns Murray years they had any of giys ever connected to them getting paid through that PR company they had. And they kept getting told off them everything was aw rosey and good for them.

Turned out well that one :56:

Guys like Sutton when he first started slaughtering Ronny’s second season as not * enough long before the Hun game proved him right. He was getting pelters for saying it - he was right. There’s a certain standard that anything unders not good enough, and I’d be seething if everycunt who played for us were pretending it is so they’re not criticising publicly.

You can generally sieve through what ones are just * zoomers or if they’re worth listening to their opinion. * Stan calling out Lennys Covid year early doors * Lenny took to heart calling jt out in the media. Madness

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon met with an FAI delegation in England on Friday, Mirror Sport can exclusively reveal.

The former Celtic manager is now the red hot favourite for the role, with England Under-21 manager Lee Carsley no longer interested in the job, despite giving serious consideration to taking it.

Lennon sat down with Marc Canham on Friday afternoon in an undisclosed location. It is thought that Packie Bonner and FAI chief executive Jonathan Hill were also present.

The Association will hold a board meeting on Tuesday where Canham is expected to brief them on the latest in the managerial hunt

It remains to be seen whether yesterday’s meeting with Lennon might lead to his name being recommended to the board.

Former Ireland midfielder Carsley had been the FAI’s top choice for the job and he had given it serious though

However, it is now believed that he informed the association some weeks ago that he no longer wanted to be considered for the role

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Talking about us again.

* him.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’d do well to keep his head down when it comes to Celtic opinions just now, no one has forgot the disastrous end to his 2nd stint here whatsoever and his complete refusal to accept responsibility thereafter into the bargain.

thailandceltic likes this.
  20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    * me.. havnt us Irish fans suffered enough with this * chancer getting involved.