1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Nicholson

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Creativecelt, Dec 23, 2021.

Discuss Michael Nicholson in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Pogues

There's obviously lots of factors involved in signing players nowadays, particularly players their clubs dont want to lose.

I'm sure O'Riley said he was aware of Brightons interest in June but they didn't sign him until less than a week before the window closed. Seems to be just the way it is

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can see and agree, prone to it myself for sure.

I don't believe one window, good or bad, should wipe out the opposite, but it has to be taken over time and along with various other components of football.

Over the piece, Nicholson seems to resort to doing what lawwell did/does/says, for me, it looks like the speedy transfers when he first came in, was more to do with Ange - it was just those three Japanese players to be honest. Albeit I will happily give credit for the switch to O'Rielly and having that backup option there. It does seem more a club type signing than an Ange one - be it that both sides got excited for it.

It goes down, certainly as a good window.

But we've now had more bad than good under him.

I think he's still got some time with the fans to be positive going forward, but he needs to show it come January AND next summer, at least.

For me (now going on a tangent about the squad), if he (as the CEO assuming he has a hand in operations as lawwell did for that position as a defacto DoF) manages to trim down the 6 loaned players, by getting rid of some permanently come January (think two sre due back before), and freeing those slots up to benefit out youth talent, shile also bringing in 2-3 players of at least the quality of player we brought in this summer, then thats a continued positive for me.

I know I'm on a mad rant at this stage, but it's a positive one for a change, well with positive hope.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Oh, I didn't know that. That was a good window!

It was out of ignorance rather than dishonesty. I genuinely didn't know that was Nicholson.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    January window 2024 incomings were Kühn and Idah. Both have contributed well so far and are successful signings.

Also got rid of Ideguchi, Turnbull, Tilio, Bernabei, M.Johnston, and got a good fee for Abada who was unsettled.

The only black mark against that window now is not getting a left back in, which fortunately paid off as a risk.

It wasn’t an amazing transfer window, but it would be sensible to stop labelling it a terrible window.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:50: