1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

#MatchTheFineForPalestine - Celtic fans prove why they're the best in the world.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Shaun, Aug 23, 2016.

Discuss #MatchTheFineForPalestine - Celtic fans prove why they're the best in the world. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Love this post
    BIG L❤VE AND RESPECT FROM PALESTINE TO THE BEST FREE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD CILTEC ALL THE WAY, one day you will come and play at FREE Palestine

2. Minimalist

Personally, I would like to see Celtic supporter who were not for the flags being displayed give a rational and coherent reason why they weren't for it because over the couple of days I have seen many who have changed their mind about the consequences of fines if we flew "illicit banners" according to UEFA (Which is ridiculous as the Palestinian flags acquiescence is recognised at the highest of levels, United Nations etc).

This whole cogitation by those who have jumped ship because they now tolerate the true nature and awareness of what the Celtic support that have brung the action of conduit money to Palestinian aid (Thousands and myself who have donated to this cause, and I proud of everyone who has contributed) have this obligation which prerequisites to authority whether or not the moral ambiguity is right or wrong. Its pathetic by those who have subscribed to this mentality, a "sheeple" mentality that would rather compartmentalise the ascendancy of UEFA.

I know its not your(if you jumped ship)/their moral imperative or responsibility to care about the Palestinian complexity, it just solidifies the distance of maybe some which do not fully comprehend the integral interwoven political DNA that is ethical and represented within the support, that is understanding the ontological equality that we were founded on and acknowledge International solidarity to other countries or ethnicity.

It is embarrassing having to listen, read or watch a Celtic supporter consciously be under the illusion that we are not more than a Club, that we are only created for Football and only that. Its astonishing conflicting of our beautiful Football Club.

I hope one day Palestinians have the tranquility to live in peace with their jurisdiction fully recognised, the same applies to the Kurds.

The media attention we have had from this demonstrates the ability of how big we can touch Palestinians and Arab hearts which will manifest if many decide to start following our Club as it REPRESENTS them.

حرر فلسطين

3. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    What the * did I just read..

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Usually like to read your posts, but * sake man. Put the thesaurus away for once.

And as for celtic supporters not for the flags, nd reasons for it. Simple. We were told not to and knew the fine would come if we did.
    Told not to, but we did.

Told not to.

And one last time, we were told not to.

The fact that after the event a donation page was made to generate money to help the people of Palestine doesn't matter when the original point is that we were told not to. Yet we still did, with no other motive apart from to fly a flag.

The good deed came after it.

For the record, I am fully on the same side as many of our support and many throughout the world for a free palestine, but using the club as a vehicle after we were told not to, is not on.

Regardless of your beliefs in Palestine or the reasons we are more than just a club, we were told not to do it. And face punishment for doing it.

Donate and generate hundreds of thousands, I think that part is simply amazing, but it doesn't help the fact the club is being punished for these actions.

Kept away from this subject till now, and to be honest I doubt I will come back in to reply again as I know the sort of people who will just try and jump down my throat and claim I know nothing of our club. Or that I can't be a real supporter of our club. Not got time for that when we all seem to be in agreement for the struggles in that part of the world.

But the simple answer again to tour very complicated looking post is this; we shouldn't have done it as we were told not to.
    The club is being punished for this. Regardless of the great donations now, the club still hers punished and is another black mark.

Perhaps that is worth it for some, but there are other ways to support that cause, even other ways to get media attention and pr for it, that wouldn't put the club in the bad books with UEFA. And no I do not care for folks opinions on how corrupt and "* UEFA" we should be.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

5. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

This.

I think?

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Geez peace Lawrie

7. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
    brought

not brung.

A 'brung is obviously part of a 'bladder'.

8. BruceLeeBhoy

* thats a pretty weak stance we were told not to? so * UEFA are the ones in the wrong here not us they can go get fuckied IMHO.

you should be ashamed

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Don't even know why I'm biting. Told myself not to.

There is only going to be so much we can do to * off UEFA and get on their wrong side before we get really * by them.

Hate UEFA but we cheer for joy at getting in to their top competition and taking their money. Go figure.

I will repeat, I am 100% behind the cause of a free palestine. * I'm 100% behind the simple act of flying a * flag, it shouldn't be punished, be it a Palestine flag or a banner that says "* UEFA".
    But it is their competition, and them be their rules. They told us not to. So we should have respected that.

Again, all for the support of a free palestine, those who went over today -who feel so apparently strong- I hope went down to the Israeli parliament and staged a rally, protest, displayed the Palestine flag, made some sort of gesture, perhaps helped out at some shelters, donated money directyl, donated food, help, care, anything.
    I hope we set up a donations page every year for the cause if it gets this sort of backing.

But that doesn't change the fact that UEFA told us not to.

Sound weak? Doesn't matter, that's the reason (and only) why we shouldn't have done it.

No amount of donations or charitable activities will overturn the fact we went against UEFA and will be punished as a club.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

10. rickyroma25

^ disagree wholeheartedly with this. Think it's quite a cowardly outlook. Sometimes you just have to do what's right even in the face of threats from the authorities.

Hefty fine, don't care. Stand closure, big deal. The important thing in all of this is it's culminated in a large sum of money being raised for a worthy cause, and I really couldn't care less what some rich men in suits think about it.

Too tired to argue about it anyway. Just came in to say I'm blown away by this whole thing. Incredible effort from all involved.

11. BruceLeeBhoy

well said

12. BruceLeeBhoy

whatever action uefa take is now going to look petty, vindictive and frankly ridiculous.

Be proud not feart

13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Donated.

Now at £133,185 as of 1 minute ago.

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think it will reach at least £200,000 by the time UEFA have their little meeting on 22nd September

15. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

"Minimalist"

16. Minimalist

Great post :50:

17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Would love it to but sadly these things tend to peter out after a few days. Here's hoping that's not the case here though :50:

18. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

£134.572

Take a bow guys :shamrock:

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is a fantastic post. Had to read it about 5 times to understand it right enough, but it's a great post and I couldn't agree more with everything you say there.

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :56:

That's what I should have said.