1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Marco Tilio

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, Jun 30, 2023.

Discuss Marco Tilio in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Dunno if I'm just in a * mood the now or not but I'm just not excited by this one.

I don't see who's role he's taking in the team other than Vata's and I was hoping to see more of Vata this year. If he's our replacement for Jota get *. If he's a replacement for an expected Abada leaving get *. He's not replacing Forrest as that's a free spot in the European squad anyway. If he's going to be loaned out right away that's cool, get him to Admira for a season for the partnership but that does nothing for us this year.

I hope he's a talent and it comes good, but just gives 0 excitement just now.

And get that * chin beard and * tasch combo to *.

2. Sentinel

You're in a * mood the now. :84:

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  3. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Regardless of * mood though, that tasch beard combo needs to go, it's aweful.

4. Rogicisgod

A project player. Not really one with a high ceiling either. Punt.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Reminds me of super Mario. Hopefully as successful as the wee man.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If you ordered Jota from Wish. LOL

7. Mr Cleansheets

How exactly does your ceiling-ometer work?

He's 21 with speed, vision and tight control. I'd say his ceiling is pretty decent.

Mind you, I was happy to tell the forum that Rogic, Ange and Mooy would all be success stories because I absolutely knew they would be (despite the doubt and lamentation).

I am more cautious about Tilio because he's not the total package yet that those other three were. He definitely has promise and I expect him to do well at Celtic... but I can't guarantee it like I could with those others.

Far from a project player though. He'll be first team straight away, or should be.

8. Rogicisgod

It's a good question about my c-ometer and I'll be glad to straighten out those sheets of yours china.

Good first team players
    B. Summers
    R. Vata

List cloggers
    A.Ayeti
    G.Barkas
    That laptop
    That old bird Gwen or whatever her name is
    M.Tillio

And as for all this self righteous preaching, a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm thinking short term variance rightly explains those aversions from the mean. 3 is not a statistically valid sample size!

Nah, but all mucking around aside and seriously, he won't be a regular squad player because he's not good enough. Only the exceptions make it.

His game is too raw and his mentality in this environment untested. I wish him well but I don't think he is what they think they are getting.

He's a lessor prospect than vata imo, and I'd be surprised if he became a first team regular. The odds are against him.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

9. Mr Cleansheets

But I've been right every time.

Three is a very good number in professional football.

The big Viduka likes this.
  10. Rogicisgod

Haha, nice!

Remember this? This is the thing that I question about Marco, along with his skill level, does he have the self-belief to push on when challenged, as he will be this year? Not saying it's easy, it's a * tough ask to move across the world and make it as a first team player at Celtic at the age of 21/22.

https://fb.watch/lAUNYU0fwO/

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Never seen him so unfair to judge him but my first feeling is underwhelming

Feels like a lennon-esque signing, but our track record of late have been incredible.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

12. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

Our track record recently isnt actually that great tbh.

Over the previous 2 windows we've brought in 9 players and only one of those could be regarded as an outright success(AJ) and two partial successes, one punted after half a season and the other now retired. The rest have various question marks over them or are/were obviously not good enough (bernebei, kobayashi, abilgaard).

Granted, 1st 2 windows under AP were incredible, the following 2 not so much.

honda and Mr Shelby like this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm more confident of him being a success under Rodgers than I would have been Ange, funnily enough.

BR is brilliant at working with younger players. Hopefully can do something here as the skillset is there.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

His first window was so good everyone forgets it's actually been rather pish since.

15. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely been more miss than hit since those first two, with only AJ added to the strongest XI.

Bit of a concern too, in that the downturn seems to have coincided with lawwell Jr's involvement. Moreso given a lot seem to be putting faith in lawwell and Nicholson to get recruitment right, with Rodgers poor track record in this dept.

16. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

It did start to feel like over reliance on the Japanese market. We've definitely had value overall relative to fees but needs a bit more variety.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think the downturn is more to do with the fact that we can't expect to hit that success rate consistently all the time, rather than anything to do with Mark Lawwell.

We've still been targeting the same markets. Not as if we've swayed from that.

Oh and Iwata could easily still come on to be very good players, as well. I'm still relatively confident on those two.

18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I think Ange got a bit cocky with the J-league tbh. Like he had a point to prove to us and the rest of Scottish football

martin_d likes this.
  19. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

Agree that Oh could become a decent player for us, but now that kyogo has penned a new deal he is never likely to nail down a starting berth, which could hamper his development. Don't think iwata has shown anything to suggest he will be any more than a squad filler though.

Haksabanovic has shown glimpses, and might come good under Rodgers but its a big might imo.

As things stand, including Oh, that's only 3 successes, so far, out of 9 over 2 windows. It's a pretty poor return irrespective of how good the previous 2 were. Hopefully it is just a blip, and merely a coincidence it has started when lawwell did as we can't carry on with a rate like that.

Although we're in the tillio thread I won't offer any opinion on the 2 latest until seeing them.

20. Mr Cleansheets

That's fair enough. And I agree that's the key question. He's got plenty of ability but he's been in a fairly cozy environment at Melbourne City. It will be quite different at Celtic / SPL.

Rogicisgod likes this.