1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Northerner, Feb 14, 2022.

Discuss Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

Really depends how willing the writers are to fudge things, or just pull * straight out of their *. Gandalf really shouldn't be in it this early in the timeline, but the timeline in general is being condensed and changed around so they might just say it's an early version of him, and meeting these nomadic hobbits is why later on he's so fond of them when nobody else really gives a *.

There were the blue wizards, Tolkien didn't really write much of anything about them other than they travelled into the east and never came back, that would line up with this one going to Rhun, that's the land east/northeast of mordor, just making him one character instead of two.

2. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

It is. They all but confirmed it with the “follow your nose” line.

McGrory1888 and littlekennie like this.
  3. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I enjoyed this season a lot more. Might be because my expectations were so low going into it.

Some of the writing is still a bit crap, as is some the dialogue, and Galadriel is still a child-like pain in the *. But some nice moments. Charlie Vickers as Sauron is really good I think.

I've made my peace with the fact it's never going to come close to the movies.

The_Bhoy and Wllm like this.
  4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It’s good that there is a season 3 but it seems there will also be seasons 4 and 5

5. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Enjoyed that season. Sauron just so toxic haha

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The use of the orcs in this season were just as good as in the films and the final battle scenes were brilliant! Saurons casting is perfect too I think. Hes a brilliant actor

TheHappyLoss likes this.