1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye I really like Abada as a player and I appreciate his contribution under Ange and have a love of what that team achieved and he was major for that. But if you’re going to back something like being against apartheid and a * genocide, ye don’t shut up and backtrack if it slightly inconveniences you. We’ll lose Abada for much less than we could have got at one point, and that’ll play a big part a large amount of fans vocal support and displays for Palestine.

Small price to pay for me, even if I’m sad that it’s the case.

Gabriel likes this.
  2. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’ll need to stop grabbing randoms in the street bragging about my 5 year streak of being best Celtic Chat Poster of the year. They never understand why they should be in awe of me anyway :56:

JC Anton and NewcastleBhoy like this.
  3. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    First I fully support the Palestinian people and whats happening is horrible...needs to stop.
    Abada is paid to play for us n should be doing his job but be honest it won't help him when hes from israel and seeing Palestine flags. We as a club are right to show support for what is happening but at the same time why are we turning our back on one of our players? Not heard one abada song at games and most comments above saying get him to FK?...why not read welcome comments at start of thread and also ask if u were in his position how would u feel?...as said support Palestinian people but also our players...

KuhntryBhoy likes this.
  4. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    Agree but we should also be supporting one of our own?...before all this we loved him now we want him gone?...I'm not saying don't show support for Palestine what I am saying is we should show we support abada as well?...

5. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Did you see the reaction and support he got when he came back from injury, when it was at the height of GB banned, articles, government officials talking about him.

We haven’t an issue with him playing and giving his all for us, he has an issue being able to do that. One I understand to be fair to him, but it’s him that has opted to be unavailable when he’s fit, because of it all. We as a club and fans haven’t condemned the boy, quite rightly. His country’s despicable actions is not his to own. He hasn’t endorsed it, nor condemned, he’s stayed quiet. He would have been backed still if he was playing and showing his best, and the required effort we expect as well.

He wants to go, we haven’t, in general as a fanbase made a fuss to get him to go. *, Taylor and MJ get that far more.

6. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    That's not what comments I've read in thread are saying?...they're saying FK him and get him to FK? I agree with most of what uve said but that's not support and just because he's fit physically doesn't mean he's fit mentally?...abada's situation sums up season so far be it BR, Board, GB, its stupid in fighting when we should be as one...if we don't stop it will gift newco title...

Big C likes this.
  7. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Before he’s made it clear he can’t play for us that wasn’t being said. It obviously will be a thing now, every player who doesn’t want to be here usually gets a fair share of * saying * you then get to *.

If he was playing giving his all and scoring, do you think it’d be the same comments?

Aye I understand why and hold no grudge against him, he’s in a situation I doubt many in football have ever found themselves in but fans weren’t forcing him out the door.

8. NewcastleBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Back home in Derry
    Get ur point but as u said he's in a difficult situation and in my opinion we're no where near showing same support as before...support is similar to BR...Yes we cheer when score...but we can all tell by atmosphere not 100% behind both?...BR let us down before and team been average at best but he's our leader just now and whether deserves or not we should be behind him...Unless somethin seriously wrong there's a time and place otherwise only we are going to let a rank rotten team beat us

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Just a reminder on the political chat. I realise its difficult not to mention but let's not have it end up in the same spot again.

Blochairnbhoy and honda like this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Shut up ya clown

BhoyFitz likes this.
  11. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Be a shame to miss out on him for the remainder of the season, he would no doubt provide goals and have a postive impact on our season run in. It's a crappy situation for all involved and I support no one giving up their views, be it the support showing support for Palestine or Abada feeling uncomfortable with it. Best he moves on unfortunately, we will no doubt lose a bit of value on him due to this.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It could be possible he'd just struggle anywhere at this point in time. His mind may just not be up to football in general due to what's happening. I think teams may have just been uneager to pull the trigger on him in January because of him.

13. Sentinel

Well our board have about 3 connections in all of world football - Dudu Dahan being one of them. This might also make other players uncomfortable seeing a teammate basically feeling unable to play for us. Politics should be kept out of football.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

The fact yer basically blaming the GB is * embarrassing

See if he's that upset over a flag he can leave

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The very nature of our existence is political.

16. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If politics were kept out of football we wouldn’t exist as a club.

And also, that’s * impossible, everything is political really.

If you think it’s only GB that have Palestine flags at a game or support Palestine, you’re * mental as well btw.

JC Anton likes this.
  17. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Definitely should’ve got rid in January, would be best for both parties. Now we have him on a bumped up wage not taking part in squads, bit mental. Could’ve easily had the conversations with him and where his head is at in or before jamuary and sold him or loaned him out

charlietully likes this.
  18. Sween

For all we know he may have friends and family directly impacted by the terror attacks. And one single photo of Abada celebrating a goal with a fan flying a Palestinian fan could lead to very real threats against him or his family in the current environment. If I were him I wouldn't want to play and it's clearly more than being "upset over a flag".

Celtic should have acted sooner to move him on but I also think they are doing the right thing in supporting the guy. It's the decent human thing to do regardless of sentiment towards a situation that is completely out of a football players control. The lack of empathy from so many people is pretty sad.

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

To say there's a lack of empathy for him is nonsense

He's under pressure from Israel and the propaganda campaign from them

But blaming fans is * embarrassing when the same flag has been flying for years.

DonnyCelt, Wllm and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The board are too tight to take a loss on a player who's going to offer nothing in the run in.

Too tight to see that's it's best for everyone concerned that he gets another club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.