1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sween

I thought he looked pretty keen against buckie - was clearly looking to make an impact.

Really hope he stays but it does feel like he is wanting to move on. It's a * situation he has been put in but obviously we need to try and cash in if he is set to leave. Not sure a 6 month loan with a hope that by the time he comes back the whole Israel/Palestine situation is resolved is much of a strategy.

But it will be a pretty miserable transfer window if we come out of it having only swapped abada for Kuhn.

Bayern Bru, bhroom and NomDePlum like this.
  2. cammy07

Absolutely bizarre if we loan him out, get the pressure on him from home and he may want out due to that but we need to protect our own interests and at the moment there is very little benefit to us letting him go.

His value is probably at its lowest since he’s been here and despite the fact I think he’s a tad overrated by some it unquestionably makes us weaker. He’s not great on the ball but looks world class compared to Maeda, he’s much more of a goal threat and it was clear to see (despite the level of opposition) he will compliment Kyogo much more than any of our other wingers.

A loan would be crazy business, especially to the English championship.

3. apevrak

Some grim reading this. Loaning out Abada mid-season, possibly to a English Championship club to top it all off. His replacement is untested at this level and injury prone. Lawwell's gambling with our title hopes and his job if he sanctions this loan. He needs to step up and handle the situation.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, it would be a bit gutting to lose him, when he's only just back..

The difference of him playing on the shoulder along with Kyogo and the early deliveries make such a difference.. if you compare to Palma on the other side, he rarely puts an early ball in for Kyogo.. I like Palma but finding Kyogo earlier has to be something he works on. Abada finds him much more naturally.

Mince.Charming and bhroom like this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    His positioning is good and his finishing is decent. Good work rate too. But I think his in ability to beat a man and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired.

6. oh bhoy

dont think we should be letting some rat * in israel dictate what one of our players does .if abada wants to leave over the the support shown towards palestine then * him sell asap. i have a feeling he will go then start bad mouthing us like that other shitebag biton

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If he's going because of his/his family's politics, so be it.

We're never going to change.

BhoyFitz, Blochairnbhoy and HoopyT like this.
  8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Understatement of the year so far

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic won't let Liel Abada leave this transfer window despite speculation on his future
    Rodgers delighted to have Israeli back fit and won’t entertain bids for him this month

Brendan Rodgers
    says Liel Abada is “a real integral part” of his plans and won’t let him leave the club in this window.

The conflict in his homeland has left the Israeli in a difficult position given the pro-Palestinian stance adopted by many Celticsupporters. Clubs in England, France and Germany have all been credited with an interest in signing the 22-year-old but Rodgers is adamant the winger won’t be going anywhere.

There’s nothing on Liel,” said the Celtic manager who revealed there had been no firm inquiries as to Abada’s availability. “I know there have been stories generated for whatever reason around him, probably trying to second guess what has been going on with Liel. It’s very, very simple. Liel was out injured for a long period of time, he has gone back in, and again he is a player I am excited to work with, that I can improve.

He’s a player that I spoke to very early on, and he comes to me and we speak, and his focus is very much on being here at Celtic and developing. Now, it’s natural with the difficulties that are happening in his homeland, you can’t ignore that. But he’s not someone that we want to sell. He’s a real integral part of what we want to do here, and I’ve always said before that when the availability of players is there and you have the right types of players, the football will look different. You just see with him alone coming back in the difference he then makes to our team. So, I won’t be in a hurry to want to lose that.”

10. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds like his focus is just getting his match sharpness again. Hope he gets a goal or assist v County..

BhoyFitz and BigWilly like this.
  11. BigWilly Free Palestine and Ukraine Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    I am glad he is fit again

BhoyFitz likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I am glad to hear that mate.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Usually players are ten times better when you can’t play them and are absent, weirdly noticed the opposite with Abada. Loads of people labelling him average, not good enough to start and not much impact will be seen on the first team with him returning.

Can’t wrap my head around that, don’t know if it’s wide spread or I’m focusing on comments that * me off and ignoring ones I agree with :56:wait and see how Kyogo kicks on 2nd half of the season with Abada on the right, they have an understanding of each others games and movements. And Palma, he’ll have a guy at the back post who is exceptional at making space for himself and a great finisher to hit. Hopefully with that, and also gluing a bit more with Kyogo, you’ll see an insane amount of chances created from him.

BhoyFitz, NomDePlum, The_Bhoy and 3 others like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I cannot take to him..

15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Too late to cash in on him? No but seriously I’m fine with him coming off the bench at tired legs but please * don’t let him start our next couple matches, completely slows down n kills so many plays. Kuhn has to be starting

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Simular to Maeda, against a packed defence he so often goes missing.

Relies on space in behind.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Someone said on the match thread he was a pass mark, fk me. Congerton mk2

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Non existent today, terrible and should have been subbed at half time.

honestly think he is a coming off the bench impact type player for us.

Crilly likes this.
  19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He was never consistent but he always creates during a game, Kuhn looks a different type that will take players and be better against deep defences.

20. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Poor, but probably still not 100% match sharp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.