1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Scales

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Aug 27, 2021.

Discuss Liam Scales in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    He's a very solid player and a good defender. He has his issues, and I think we should be looking to sign someone better, but people are over the top with their criticism of him.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

He went from being solid in the air to being utterly inept on the deck, and that pretty much happened every minute within the game!

Complete shitebag at times to run forward with the ball, slowed the game down at every single time (bar one maurading run) and that slack pass that Callum had to take a yellow for was totally criminal.

If there was one player I could have taken out with a crossbow yesterday, it would have been him!

I've been one of his biggest advocates this season, but I can't * stand him now, so bad.

CH4, Free the Adblock and greengrocer like this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Thought he was the weak link yesterday.

They allowed him space and time and the ball waiting for a stray pass, which happened more often than not, unfortunately.

Got McGregor booked for one of his * passes.

Desperately need a replacement and him pushed down the peaking order.

Callum McGregor and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  4. murphy88

The last 20 minutes when we were being asked to defend, he stood up and played a big part. Hoaching on the ball all game however.

5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    He is very similar to Taylor, heart of a lion and does try his best but he is simply not good enough, everything coming down the left and leave us so vulnerable, the back post defending from that 2 is an embarrassment, we know it and so do the opposition unfortunately.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He was good until the opposition learned, back off him and force him to come forward and he panic passes all the time when he's now to far forward.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I know that he's inept at times but he comes across as the type of player BR might like. He's slow, sometimes measured looking and boring. Sidey sidey back back and desperately looking for someone to offload the ball onto. I just don't see what he brings to us and I would hate a team full of players like that. The only time he gets you of your seat is when he drives forward but every time his end product is abysmal. Don't want to pick on him because Taylor and Johnston are not great either. Our defence is too small, lack speed and guile

8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thought he was pretty * again overall but do agree with a few others that he defended well in the last 20/30 minutes when we were under a bit of pressure. Bizarrely he seemed to be one of the few who wasn’t panicking.

9. donnegal celt

He wins some amount headers from there long day yesterday. Cutting out there attacks. That his man job not creating goals.
    Am sure we can coach him to use ball better.

10. henriks tongue

Can he play left back?
    Would be good in the so called 'inverted' role.
    The LB we have right now is absolutely rank.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Seeing him being described as “solid” is mental.

Dessers bullied him yesterday a number of times. Aye he had a decent last 15 mins but he was defending long balls up to Roofe who is probably half a foot shorter than him, and he was defending against McCausland who is hopeless.

He’s slow, not very strong and he’s genuinely abysmal with the ball at his feet. How many times in the first half yesterday did he give the ball away under little pressure?

Constantly takes a touch or two when it’s easy enough to play first time. Did it on the edge of our own box when he had a simple pass to Taylor available - lost the ball and if the huns were any good it could have been a good chance for them.

Likeable guy and he’s had some good performances but if he’s a starter for us next season there’s a serious problem.

ardis1967 likes this.
  12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If he starts next season Rodgers should be sacked.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The left side of the defence definitely needs strengthening, seems every goal we lose comes from that area..

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Opposition tactics are like, get the ball into Celtic's right back area and lob a big high cross to the back post area, doesn't even need to be of any quality it can be put in like the crosses you see in womens football where you can balloon it into the air and let it drop and the biggest person will win it and has a great chance of scoring.

As Taylor is too wee he cannot do anything about it and Scales brain is running on the software of a nokia 3210, he doesn't realise whats going on until it's too late.

JC Anton likes this.
  15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

This lump a wid will get Rodgers sacked. He is not good enough. He's the worst player in the team, by a long long way. I can't stand the *, actually hate him, he has me screaming at the Tele, whilst * it incase he makes another one of his usual howlers.

Long balls, in the air for an eternity, and he's bear hugging strikers, lucky not to give fk away, because he can't use his body to win the ball. Amount of times he passed the ball straight to a Hun, or out the park was ridiculous yesterday, then he also loves a danger pass to teammates. Wee Taylor and Cal both got * passes off this idiot, when they're being man marked and in no shape to receive the ball.

There's a reason no team press him, there's no need. He does their job for them.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It's his awareness and vision for the basic game of football thats like non League level. He doesn't appear to be thinking about his team mates movement, who is marking them, where they are, how he should pass it to them, neither has he a clue about where they are before he recieves a ball.

It's like he's thinking in real time and only reacts when he controls the ball.

Like you pass to him and he's think "oh *, I better control this well, take a touch here, ok im on the ball now, what will I do with it" and he doesn't know whats going on around him, he doesn't know where anybody is.

Then panic sinks in "ok, theres Taylor over there, theres McGregor oh * im getting closed down now" pass "* I shouldn't have passed it to him but I was on the ball too long".

Thats what I seen when watching him.

I used to be raging that he couldn't pass a ball to Palma in the first half of the season, i've since noticed that he doesn't even see the left winger as he's too busy trying to work out whos next to him first.

He's trying too hard and thinking too much when playing, like nothing comes natural to him and he's not got the confidence to play for us and has to overthink everything which makes him really slow on the ball to think what to do. That leads to him passing hospital balls to team mates he should never be passing too, or passing the ball out the park or sometimes he just runs forward into space and then hits a random pass anywhere just to dig himself out a hole.

17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Jeez...that's a bit OTT hating one of our players.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's definitely panic modes from him when he has to carry the ball and pick a man out..

I've lost count how many times he's tried to play it to Taylor and played it behind him, usually culminating in it going out of play for a throw in..

Hospital passes more often in to players being pressed and tightly marked ad he doesn't have the crispness in his passing to get it right or to the players right side so they can turn out of trouble (as mentioned above)..

Actually feel for him a bit. You can see he's no terrible but has glaring weaknesses in his game that won't do for us and it's really done his confidence..

Went from being quite aggressive when he got his chance this season to really timid and easily barged off the ball. Positionally doesn't smell danger enough. Gets caught under the ball way too much..

ardis1967 likes this.
  19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Bang on ! You can see it's just not natural, he's frighteningly * because of this. He's a Saint Johnstone level player at best, shouldn't even get a spot on our bench, he's absolutely horrendous. Rodgers clearly sees him as some sort of project, a test of his coaching abilities.

Just get the * so far to * and quickly.

20. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If he can hit a shot like that and defenders keep standing off.

Have it it son!

NomDePlum and HoopyT like this.