1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon Miller

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 26, 2024.

Discuss Lennon Miller in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Absolutely no chance any hun was calling their weans lennon in 2006

martin_d and Big Shoes like this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    A rangers fan on twitter claiming they have taken steps towards signing him.

3. jvalin

David Watson > Lennon Miller. He'd probably be considerably cheaper as well.

Bangarangura likes this.
  4. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Do you have any opinions that aren’t wildly idiosyncratic?

Could easily buy both, but in terms of raw talent, it’s Miller and not even remotely close. Watson a good player with decent potential (albeit a couple of years older than Miller) and is more of an athlete, but that’s because he’s also a totally different kind of midfielder.

Foley1888 and McChiellini.. like this.
  5. Foley1888

This is spot on Watson is a good young player but very technically limited. I actually think he would struggle in a team tasked with building play rather than long chaos ball and a lot of running.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2024
    martin_d likes this.
  6. jvalin

People were saying the exact same thing about McGinn. Personally, I value work rate and pace above anything else. For instance, I love Maeda. He's one of my favorite players. I enjoy watching Klopp's gegenpressing more than Guardiola's tiki taka. But that's just me. BR probably favors Guardiola's approach, although he recently emphasized on work rate, pressing and running without the ball when talking about Holm and Lawal. I think Miller is all about potential right now. Watson would have been a perfect signing under Ange. Both are intriguing players, that's for sure.

7. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Miller isn’t ready to contribute to our first team, but undoubtedly has the potential to be a very good player.

In an ideal world we’d snap him up, loan him out and slowly integrate him, but frankly we have bigger issues in our squad needing addressed.

Hammy89, Rydo1888* and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Again with the wild - and in this case, inaccurate - takes. I don’t recall that in the least re McGinn. Certainly he was being praised at the time for his athletic qualities and work-rate, but what made people excited about him was he combined that with technical skill, to a degree that Watson hasn’t shown so far.

9. jvalin

Feel free to check out the McGinn transfer thread. Plenty of posters claiming he isn't good enough and isn't worth the money Hibs were asking for him. Didn't seem like people were excited about him.

No reason to make things personal mate. Feel free to disagree, no big deal.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    McGinn is technically limited though

11. jvalin

He sure is, but that didn't stop him from becoming an amazing box-to-box midfielder.

12. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Not meaning to be overly personal really; it’s just a trend I’ve noticed with your posts. We all disagree and/or have random views sometimes, but very often when I see a post from you, it’s a pretty unusual take - more than often not contrary to the consensus. If that’s your bag, fair enough. I just find it odd.

13. garybhoy87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Simply put it we lose Hatate or O'Riley then Miller has a clear path into that team. Gonna use the old "Fact" word here to show how serious I am. FACT.

Artorias likes this.
  14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That old "Fact" patter is very under utilised these days.

Cammaris and garybhoy87 like this.
  15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Disagree. Miller is a bigger talent than Watson and is the one we need to be getting.

Belgian_lad likes this.
  16. Belgian_lad

I think we should buy him and loan him back to Motherwell, one or two seasons. Bayern been doing it in the Bundesliga for decades started with Kroos to Leverkusen and Lahm to Stuttgart. Everyone happy. We got hold on a bright talent. Who gets game time and Motherwell have security of his services for another two years. Forward thinking.

Hammy89, martin_d and Fontaine like this.
  17. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

This is the route i'd take as well.

If we don't like how he's progressed, then simply sell after that. If he's progressed well, bleed him into the side - It doesn't need to be that complicated.

neilly1987 and martin_d like this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Bayern get away with that as the clubs they allow the players to stay at are much better than who we would allow to keep the player for a year or two.

There's no massive step up from Leverkusen playing top half Bundesliga and challenging for cups and European slots to Bayern.

The step from Motherwell to Celtic is massive though.
    I'd agree the game time for another year or two would benefit Miller more, but not sure it would work as smoothly and seamlessly as the Bayern example.
    We would still need pieces to fall in to place for him in a years time and be fingers tightly crossed he stepped up.

Edit.
    Not to confuse myself or anything, I do agree and think many young players we look to have or sign, need more game time and the level of Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs, etc is good. It's better than sitting in our backup and bench for a year.
    But just the jump up is still gonna be big for players.
    Ideally we need the league to be better. Perhaps this is one way to allow it to improve, where players remain at their clubs a little longer.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  19. Foley1888

There was an article saying Motherwell want to at least match the £2.6m from the Turnbull sale for him. I would pay that and loan him back there for the season, it should be one of the benefits of having plenty of money in the bank that we could do that.

The player himself has said he is loving life there so having another season as one of the main men in their team, Motherwell get the player for at least another year and we secure the top prospect in the country.

Yeah there is a lot of competition from EPL but we need to at least try.

20. Champions67

It would be an absolutely ridiculous decision not to pursue a deal for a promising young talent like Miller. An absolute no brainer he should be snapped up and either given game time this season or loaned back to Motherwell for a year. I don't know how we manage to miss out on good domestic players when they're playing right under our nose but we've done a good job of it in recent years. Get him signed.