1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gary88

My head would be gone playing as a striker in that team as well, pish football where the ball hardly ever reaches the box. We wouldn't even still be in this if it wasn't for his two goals against that mob

bhroom, Wllm, VT8 and 2 others like this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I think a decision in the summer will need to be made, Kyogo or Rodgers.. Kyogo clearly doesn't fit into what Rodgers is doing, in fairness most players don't.

I don't think there is any point holding on to him with Rodgers in charge.. his stats this season are woeful...hopefully it's Rodgers that goes.

3. Martybhoy53

From elation to deflation. That’s what Rodgers does to players.

4. henriks tongue

I would play Kyogo, Idah and Palma as front 3.
    Ditch the whole fixed wingers bullshit and give all 3 a license to roam.
    I think it would electric.

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’d be as well getting it done at end of the season. (Earlier if we have it won/lost) 3 months out probably won’t be far away for start of next. KT had same problem here but didn’t bother with surgery until it popped out 3 times in 10 minutes playing for Arsenal.

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Feel sorry for the wee man, we keep lofting high balls into the box in the hope that the smallest guy on the pitch will get his head onto it!

7. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Was in Lennoxtown yesterday, wee man turned up. Was well chuffed
    [​IMG]

Guchi Gucci and Crilly like this.
  8. sabzz1888

Something seriously not right with the wee man, we all know he can be world class but he's lost that spark.

Hopefully we see it again but Idah deserves to take the centre stage for the time being.

9. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Think he may be trying to hard rather than letting the game flow sometimes he’s taking a touch and then there’s a player free close to him where he should lay it off then make a run but he takes another touch n tries drop a shoulder and beat a man. I think he needs to just be more instinctive play it simple and quick and it will come. Idah starts again Sunday for sure though

10. Foley1888

For me he isn’t a striker in the way Rodgers is trying to play, the centre forward has to be able to play back to goal and it isn’t a strength for Kyogo. I actually think he could play the role Maeda did tonight as the winger who is tasked with attacking the back post while the other two full backs and opposite winger are responsible for being creative.

Scott Sinclair mainly done this for us too all be it he had explosive pace to burst past players whereas Kyogo’s would be more smart movement but he is capable of the types of finishes Sinclair used to pull off regularly.

bhroom likes this.
  11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s a finisher. Can’t control or dribble a ball. Looks pished if he has to try and dribble.

12. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Don’t think he’d suit the wing at all tbh. Think his confidence is a bit shot right now and he’s just trying too hard. Once he settles and just tries play it more simple he’ll get his goals I think. Didn’t help tonight that when he came on we took the foot off a bit but right now it’s better to start idah and have him as an impact sub. The lads out wide played well tonight

13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think his head is gone at this point. Needs to see out the season, refresh in the summer and come back raring to go again. And obviously bring back the bowl cut on his paper...looks about 45 wae that shocker of a wig the now.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’ll be crucial to us in the run in but for now he starts on the bench until required.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Should've scored for me..

Did he try and * it or something. No seen a replay..

16. Slaw

He looked fuming on the bench at 5 or 6-0. I think he’s happy for the team but it’s good to see that he’s annoyed to be missing out. Hopefully he’s desperate to show what he can do now.

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers has told star striker Kyogo Furuhashi that he’ll need to up his game to start for Celtic.

The Japanese ace was the club’s top scorer for two years under Ange Postecoglou, before Rodgers’ return to Parkhead last summer. This season, Kyogo has bagged nine Premiership goals, including two winners against Rangers.

But after being hooked at half-time in last weekend’s 3-1 win over Motherwell – where his replacement Adam Idah hit a double – the 29-year-old was left on the bench for Wednesday night’s 7-1 rout of Dundee. Idah, who signed on loan from Norwich in January, is set to get the nod again to start up front against Hearts at Tynecastle on Sunday. And boss Rodgers insists Kyogo isn’t performing well enough to be guaranteed a place in his Celtic side – and admits he now faces a fight to get back in

The Hoops boss said: “In my first spell here, Leigh Griffiths had scored 40 goals the previous season. People couldn’t envisage him not being in Celtic’s starting 11. But for me, it’s always about the team, never one player. This is a sign that Kyogo has to step up as well

He has such an important role here. He was great for two years but I wasn’t here then. I can only judge on what I’m seeing now, and if people aren’t performing Celtic has to be a club where there’s someone to step in. The biggest clubs must have competition. If you don’t have it, you suffer. But Kyogo is still a really important player for us.”

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    * me. Rodgers is so uninspiring. He literally takes no responsibility for anything. Always someone else's fault and nothing to do with him.

Talk of Rodgers building a siege mentality is so far off the mark, unless he's the only one in the castle.

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    To be fair, whilst a lot of our current issues are on Rodgers, I think Kyogo has been a bit meh over-all even outside the obvious issues with our system.

He was excellent against Rangers in both games, but outside that he's been a shadow.

@thailandceltic called it earlier on, it'll either be Rodgers or Kyogo leaving in the summer, I'd be shocked if both are here next year.

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    He's been nowhere near the last 2 years standards, but who in our team has? Plus Rodgers has nullified him with his turgid football.

Midweek football was great to see, but honestly I just think Rodgers is a *. Really hope Rodgers isn't here next season, had turned a mini corner on that earlier today but his commentary is just full of bullshit.