1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cammy07

It’s not Rodgers fault that he can’t pass a ball 10 yards or that he can’t hold a ball up and ends up costing us goals.

Has out style impacted him, yes, but our style of play hasn’t stopped him being able to do the basics properly. That’s entirely on him.

I like Kyogo as much as anyone but he’s been miles off it this season.

Crilly likes this.
  2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Lively and won the pen. I want to see him and Idah play together.

bhroom likes this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Well if you think of it like that none of them are playing to the standard that they did last season. I look at the common denominator. Kyogo looks so lacking in confidence and of course that's going to impact on his all round play. Look at O'Riley in the past few games. * knows what's happening with him. Same for McGregor he's been nowhere near the leader that he was. There's a few others totally underperforming and when he brings on subs they don't do much better.

greengrocer and JML67 like this.
  4. Damnati

You have twice now and it was pretty * haha

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

From the start and actually try and forge a partnership and get them some service instead of running about like a pair of dafties trying to salvage a win from a *, disjointed performance.
    Can't be any worse than what we've been watching.

bhroom likes this.
  6. JamesM09

We owe our league position down to Kyogo.

He put the Huns to the sword twice and he's bailed us out tonight.

Rodgers doesn't know how to use him. It increasingly looks like Rodgers hit onto a decent tactic in the early 2010s and now doesn't know what to do that football has moved on.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  7. cammy07

O’riley is playing to a level he hasn’t been close to the rest of his time here. The fact most folk would have happily seen him go to Leeds in the summer for 10m says it all. He’s added 15/20m to his value this season so that’s nonsense.

As I’ve already said the style isn’t helping most players in the team, but it doesn’t excuse them not being able to do the basics. And no manager in the world can be blamed for a player being unable to complete a 10 yard pass I’m afraid, as much as some would like to be able to.

Kyogo is having no impact on games at the moment, Idah comes in and has 5 arguably 6 very good chances (his finishing was *) But keep telling yourself it’s all Rodgers fault.

Crilly likes this.
  8. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Done well to win the peno but a shadow of himself lately. Think it will do him good being dropped/getting a rest for a game or two then coming off the bench running in behind tired legs. I would like to see him start alongside idah though. Think they’d link up well

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Said it before.

He must be in some amount of pain with that shoulder daily. It needs surgery that will keep him out for 4 months and he hasn't really been himself most of the season with it but more I think about it he really hasn't been right since that Aberdeen thug knocked him out in November!

NomDePlum likes this.
  10. Rogicisgod

Something is not right, The service he has been getting has also been non existant.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

11. jvalin

What system do we play if we use 2 forwards and who makes way for both Kyogo and Idah to start?

Since we lack a reliable LB, I wouldn't be against starting 3 at the back with either Maeda or Bernabei at LWB. Problem is, we have far too many wingers that don't fit in 3-5-2. Can't see any of them starting at RWB. Rodgers occasionaly used Forrest at RWB during his first spell. At this stage in his career, I highly doubt he has the legs to run up and down the pitch.

bhroom likes this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Maeda RWB. Physically the best fit for the position. Those other wingers haven't impressed as of late.

bhroom likes this.
  13. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Was thinking 3-5-2 meself or a 4-4-2, I think we could go 3 at the back with teams in a low block and our wingers won’t necessarily play as wing backs they can get higher and Calmac can drop a bit just in front of the defence. Just overload the attacks while we’ve Mcgregor roaming the middle one of the cbs going slightly higher and two sitting back. A lot of times in games we’ve just 2 centre backs at the half way line anyway

bhroom likes this.
  14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    He's the best since Larsson. I blame rodgers for having him come right back to the centre half most of the games.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    bhroom, gary88 and Hammy89 like this.
  15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Service argument doesn’t hold much wait for me after seeing how many chances Idah can get for himself. He’s just well off it the now look at that chance from about 10 yards last night where he can’t even get a shot away. That was a chance.

16. leeso-ardoyne

What's the story with these gum shields these Japan players wear. Are they the same as ones we use boxing or different ones for football. I can't think of nothing worse to have playing football because when using them sparing, I * hate them. They definitely restrict breathing in a ring. Surely it hinders running about a football pitch for 90mins

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

18. celtic20

Big, big goal for him today. Don't care if it took a deflection or not, it was the kind of goal he needed. Running onto a good bit of service and first-timing it into the back of the net. The deflection was only slight anyway.

Thought he was lively in that number 10 position. Teams are still *-scared of him and he's only going to be a bigger threat in these tougher away games when teams come out more. Probably why he's so dangerous against the huns too.

Big day for him. Hopefully kicks on ahead of Kilmarnock next Saturday.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  19. leeso-ardoyne

Yeah chuffed the wee man got his goal today. Hope it gives him the confidence to push on now and get more. To long without one

TheHappyLoss and celtic20 like this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

The world is a better place when he’s happy.

VT8 and NomDePlum like this.