1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kasper Schmeichel

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Jul 17, 2024.

Discuss Kasper Schmeichel in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Have they started doing XG for goalies now?

Biggest pile a pish ever :56::56::56::56:

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Great minds :BR1:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

6. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He's had so little to do all we can really talk about is his distribution lol which is actually decent...

7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He's been done dirty with the goalie strips this season.

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He's going the season without conceding.

His distribution is amazing.

9. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye, no hesitation. Gets it and pings it straight to whoever he aims for.

Hammy89 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Loved it when the balls was rolling across him, let it get right near the goal line and I thought he was gonna punt it. Chipped a pin point perfect pass over the press. Class.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    So refreshing to have a GK with first class distribution, if only we could sign players and put a proper defence in front of him, all great teams build from the back.

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I love him.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He is excellent with his feet. Not had a save to make yet but he looks very accomplished goalie

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I didn't realise he was as good with the baw.

Several times today it went back and with Hart, Gordon or Forster there (nae offence guys) I'd have been * it.

Don't get that at all with him. Just looks so much more natural with it.

16. FrankMcCallum

I said the same thing last week but I can’t believe how good he is with the ball at his feet.

Shouldn’t be surprised as all teams in England play out now.

I probably still associate him with the Leicester side than won the league that was actually quite direct really.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question about it his comfort level and the quality of his passing out of the back gives us an extra dimension in terms of our ability to build out of the back even under pressure.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He could make the difference in Europe this season hopefully.

19. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The speed of his passing. How quick he sees movement in the middle of the pitch. One occasion yesterday he’s got the ball and he immediately throws it bullet style right toward the halfway line and at the time I couldn’t tell who he’d seen and I’m fully expecting it to end up at a hibs players feet and it ended up at O’Riley I think. Think we ended up breaking and had a decent chance. Also the amount of times it’s played to him and he just plays it first time back cannot be underestimated. He is going to massive for us.

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Schmeichel chose Celtic over the Premier League

In a big interview with Tipsbladet, Kasper Schmeichel gives an insight into his choice of club this summer, where several Premier League clubs tried to sign him. But he agreed to the Scottish big club Celtic, and for the first time he tells the reason for his choice.

Wolverhampton, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich. That's how it continued.

This summer, English media reported Kasper Schmeichel in connection with several Premier League clubs, but in the end the national team's number one opted out of returning to the top English league to switch to Scotland's biggest club Celtic instead.

For the first time since the switch to the reigning champions and a yes to his former manager in Leicester, Brendan Rodgers, Kasper Schmeichel now gives an interview to a Danish media about his decision, and here he admits that the Premier League was an option, but he was tempted by Celtic.

But before we get that far, the conversation falls on Kasper Schmeichel's good start in Celtic, which the Danish star has already represented five times in test and league matches.

With massive praise to follow. Read more here , where he is highlighted for his great saves in test match wins over Manchester City and Chelsea.

- It has been a perfect start for the team and for me with two clean sheets and two wins in the first two league games - with victory in the League Cup at the weekend and thus a place in the quarter-finals - and then with victories over Chelsea and Manchester City in the USA- the trip. We got off to a flying start, one might say, and I actually think that, in addition to the results, we have played super good football, Kasper Schmeichel begins to Tipsbladet and adds

There really hasn't been any adaptation period, so it was just nice and completely natural to have to play a match straight away in Celtic. After all, I know the manager and his way of playing football, and I know the way of doing everything in a big British club, and I felt at home from day one.

- Perhaps the coolest thing has been the winning mentality in Celtic, where the biggest point is that we must maintain the hunger to win again and again and again - and I feel that hunger, seriousness and ambition every single day. The club's mindset permeates everything: We have to win the next game - and the next trophy, explains Kasper Schmeichel, before he puts into words why Celtic won his signature

Celtic is just one of the absolute biggest clubs in Great Britain, and when they came on the field, I could immediately feel that I wanted to be here. It is a huge club in so many ways: The history, the trophies, and the aforementioned winning mentality, where it is only about winning - a draw is never enough.

There is the support at home at Celtic Park with an average of 60,000 and a gigantic passion for the club. And then we noticed in the US this summer that Celtic is a global brand with fans everywhere. At the same time, we are directly in the Champions League, which is the highest level in football.

Celtic therefore ran with the national team goalkeeper ahead of Premier League clubs, and Kasper Schmeichel explains the reason why he did not allow himself to be tempted to return to the top tier in England.

A place where he sensationally won the championship with Leicester in 2016.

It is true that there was some interest from the English Premier League, and it is always a pat on the back with interest from clubs from such a big league, but I must also be completely honest and say that it was not about clubs at all up at the top of the English table.

- In Anderlecht, I was reminded of how great it is to play for a championship, when last season we lifted the old big club from 11th place and to play for the championship until the last round of play. Such as I also tried with success in Leicester. It's just me. In a top club like Celtic, who are always chasing trophies, there is a lot at stake in each and every match, and I love the demand that every time you go on the pitch, you must only win, says Kasper Schmeichel, who didn't need much time to think when Celtic first knocked on the door.

It actually fell into place very quickly. I went on holiday with the family after the European Championship and thought that now I should take it easy, and then I would look at offers together with my agent. But then I got a text from Brendan (Rodgers, ed.), asking if I had time for a quick chat.

- Of course I had, and everything really fell into place straight away. He said, among other things, that Celtic is a big club with huge ambitions and a winning mentality, but at the same time is a family. And I could feel that this is what I wanted, so it was a surprisingly easy decision.

Kasper Schmeichel was captain of the Danish national team during the EC and in two weeks' time will be able to get his 106 game in red and white when Denmark meets Switzerland in the Park.

eire4, Rydo1888* and honda like this.