1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Mar 17, 2015.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SpringburnBhoy

After he got done by that * John never gave up hope,in fact I think he went to see the doctor in Indiana about 6 times,for operations and rehab.

I remember the day when it seemed that he was back to full fitness,when he jumped for a header and when he landed his knee bucked again,and my first thought was that Romanian *.

Ye the kid is a class act and I'm very happy he is doing well in coaching.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm not so good with dates and opponents but I remember that day you are talking about.

As soon as he landed and crumpled you just knew he was gone again.

The Doctor's name was Steadman if I remember right, very well known in American Football circles, said it was the worst knee injury he had ever seen.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Did Ganea not end up getting banned from football for attacking a linesman? Guy was an animal.

4. VikingBhoy

“I don’t regret anything. When I got injured it happened and I gave it everything to get back to where I was. But I’m in a new place now, a new position and that’s all I focus on.

“My playing career was cut short but this is an opportunity for me to get a head start on guys who will play until they are 35 or so before they go into coaching. I’m in a position which I didn’t expect to be in so soon and I want to build on that.”

“It’s been a big season for me,” he added. “The manager always talks about development and I can look at my own development here, firstly as a player then as a youth coach. But this is a different step altogether.

“Early on, when things were tough, we had to be strong as a backroom team. We had to remain focused and stick by what we believed.

“But as the season has gone on, it’s just got better and better. You get more pride and more self-belief in what you’re doing because you see things coming to fruition. We’re now at a good level where I feel the foundations are in place for next season.

“We were always sure what we wanted. We were always sure of what we thought we needed to get is there. It’s just that sometimes it takes longer than you hope.

“That was the biggest thing in the start. We were looking to get to a certain level and it was moving slower than we hoped for. In that period you just need to manage your way through the situation.

“We had to make sure we were winning games as often as possible but at the same time make sure we were taking steps forward.

“We needed to have a longer term view than that and that’s what the manager brought. It was sticky to start with but we came through it, albeit we never got into the Champions League. But looking back now, we’re probably a stronger group on the back of that.”

“Further down the line I’d like to be my own man, but there’s no rush,” he said. “I’m 32 in the summer and I’m in no rush to jump and be my own man.

“I’m in a good place working for good people. You are in an environment where you have to push yourself to get results and perform and there’s no better place to perform.

“I think Ronny became a manager at 32, but each to their own. At no time did I think I’d be first-team coach at Celtic by the age of 31.

“You never know what’s round the corner, but for the foreseeable future I’m happy where I am. Ronny has a different view from managers I’ve worked with in the past, he’s very development driven and the way he deals with a player one on one is different.

“Very rarely does he get really angry and uptight and just tell a player what to do. He sits them down and that’s something from my perspective that’s important.

“He gives them things constantly and in today’s culture that’s the way ahead. If you don’t do that then they will never learn. That’s what the gaffer has done this year.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...hn-kennedy-won-t-look-back-in-anger-1-3773669

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Speaks very well..and is an inspirational character, glad he's part of Ronnys team.

Seems to be the one Ronny looks to during matches rather than JC.

He may well be the perfect replacement when Ronny leaves for Barca after back to back CL wins.:icon_mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I still feel sick about the way things worked out for him. We were deprived of a future captain and a 500 appearance player. He would have been like our own John Terry only with class.

7. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Next manager for me probably have the likes of Commons and Brown on his coaching staff when that time comes

8. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's great to see JK talking about his injury and how positively he has handled everything. He's a real class act.

It's also great to hear him talking so admirably about Ronny Deila and the progression being made within the club, as well as the progressions he is making personally. He seems very level headed and smart and it's great to have him around.

9. Vertie Auld

Could spend another seven or eight years on Ronny's backroom staff and then step up as manager (although I never want Ronny to leave :smiley-laughing002:) and he'd only be the age Deila is now.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Heard him saying he was in a good place now, great to hear after what he's been through. No better place to be in a great place than being involved at Celtic..

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There have been whispers about the big man in a few threads so thought I'd bump this to hear people's thoughts.

For me, he's a different personality from JC and probably more similar to Ronny in his approach. With the Commons thing last night, it was him who tried to speak to him, explain, calm him down etc, whereas JC seemed to give it the "aw * off eh" approach.

Anyway, I'm blabbering now, how do people feel about him?

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I like him, just not sure how good a coach he is.

13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Kinda my feelings too. I suppose it's hard with a coach to know what sort of influence they are having.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If he is, as is publically stated, responsible for our defence and in particular set pieces then he has to go.

Not good enough.

15. Green Socks

I always remember watching our defense when Johan Mjällby was our defensive coach.

This was when our line up was

Matthews Ambrose Wilson Mulgrew/Izzy

None of those players are amazing defensively and I'd say equally as good if not worse than what we currently have.

But somehow they worked as a unit, even teams like Barcelona struggled to break it down. Whereas now mediocre teams like Molde, Legia Warsaw and Maribor all can get easy easy goals against us.

I like Kennedy, but he surely at least partially at fault for this. Bring back Johan.

16. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I feel sorry for him. People actually want him sacked ahead of Deila. His reputation has been damaged by association with a * managerial team. However after Harry and Lloyd are sacked I want him to remain at the club in some capacity.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

You mean the "*" managerial team that he himself is an integral part of?

:97:

18. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He played less than 30 games for us and gets treated like a club legend because he showed potential in a handful of important games. A lot of blame lands at his feet imo

19. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Yes 100% you are right. I still think he has a future at the club though. He is a young guy and its not his fault his first senior job was tainted by working with a pair of losers.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

"losers"? :56::56::56:

You mean John Collins who has won a Scottish Cup, and Deila who has won league titles and domestic trophies in two different countries?