1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Idah vs Miovski

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mike B, Apr 21, 2024.

Discuss Idah vs Miovski in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Miovski is also a big game player. Has consistently turned up for Aberdeen. A poor Aberdeen side, as well.

I'd personally consider signing both. But I don't think that would happen.

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I know stats aren't the full story but comparing the 2 Miovski has scored 1 goal every 188 minutes, Idah one every 76 minutes, yes Idah will be getting more chances made for him so the more telling one for me is shot accuracy, 55% for Miovski vs 69% Idah. Assuming those figures are accurate I'm still edging towards Idah. I can't see us signing 2 strikers unless a formation change is in the pipeline or we are selling Kyogo.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    There's a lot of variables in those stats though. Miovski played a lot more games and minutes so has taken more shots and crucially as you already say, the number of chances being created is far higher for Idah.

My issue with Idah thus far has been his finishing. He seems quite instinctive so suits not having much time to think about it. One touch type scenarios.

He's missed a few big chances when he's had a bit more time. But I've definitely been convinced that he's worth a shot and Rodgers obviously wants him.

We need more than 1 striker though.

Crilly likes this.
  4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If we get another striker I expect it to be a project, maybe on loan with an option to buy. We'd have Kyogo, Idah and another striker all going for one spot, throw in Maeda who can play there in emergencies and I just can't see us spending big, for us, money on 2 strikers. A winger who can also play up top maybe, but not another out and out proven striker. This is one of those cases where I'd be very happy to be wrong though.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Idah is stronger, quicker and has a more all round game for me. He has already shown he is capable of all kinds of goals and is calm under big pressure.

6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Idah. There's no guarentees that Miovski would be a success with us

Random Review likes this.
  7. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Best option easily

BOTH

8. Foley1888

There was a lot of talk Southampton want Miovski. If that’s the case, that will be where he will end up. They will easily pay the money for him and wages will be more than we will offer.

The player has also indicated he would like to go to EPL. Would just come down to if they actually still want him.

On Idah, he is obviously under contract at Norwich but if he wants the move that can also impact a negotiation.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Idah has a higher ceiling for me. He actually has all the tools to be a genuinely class striker.

Miovski is an excellent player as well right enough but on a straight toss up at this point there’s only 1 winner.

Random Review and Slaw like this.
  10. PaddyJamieson

Idah. Miovski is good but a bit more of a Kyogo type, playing on the shoulder. We need an alternative and Idah has the perfect profile if he can improve certain parts of his game.

11. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Don't see it tbh. They both played a cup final vs the huns. Miovski was an empty jersey in his, Idah the match winner in his one.

When the pressure is on I'd trust the Irish Drogba over Miovski.

honda likes this.
  12. Slaw

100%. All the top teams are on the hunt for Haaland-esque strikers. Big, strong, fast and an eye for goal.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I’m not saying he’s even in the same stratosphere as Haaland.

What I am saying is he has all of the physical tools with age on his side. He’s a big game player who has developed a knack for scoring which was the one worry when he signed due to his poor record at Norwich and Ireland for goals per game.

I want him here badly. He could be an absolute star.

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I have a feeling that either would be decent in their own ways. Idah's decision making has been questioned, but Miovski isn't perfect himself. Both will get better.

3:26 - lets the defender get back instead of hitting it first time

14. murphy88

Miovski also gave Carter-Vickers a torrid time against us in the semi and scored. He also scored in two league games against us as well. I wasn’t totally convinced by him earlier in the season, but having watched more of him, I do think he would do the business here as well.

Last edited: May 28, 2024
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Had old PES vibes to that post it did.

Autocorrect can be a pain in the * cant it, lol

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He will be playing against teams that play 10 men behind the baw for us. He doesn't get that at Aberdeen

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  17. murphy88

Flip side to that is he would be getting plenty chances in games, unlike in a rotten Aberdeen team where chances come at a premium.

The argument about playing against packed defences gets used all the time. You could use it for most strikers we have signed, because the chances are they have come from a team that don’t play against teams with 10 men behind the ball. McDonald, Hooper, Stokes, Griffiths, Giakoumakis to name a few.

18. Cringer67

Idah has proven he can do it for us. Miovski hasnt.

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I don't get the Miovski hype at all. I can admit that i have not seen him that much, but when i have he have been decent but absolutely nothing special to even be in the same discussion as Idah who has proven himself. What makes him so wanted? I am genuinely curious?

honda likes this.
  20. murphy88

When you say you haven’t seen much of him. Are you meaning that you have only really seen him against us?