1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Huns V Celtic Sunday September 3RD kick off 12PM Sky Sports Football and Celtic TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 26, 2023.

Discuss Huns V Celtic Sunday September 3RD kick off 12PM Sky Sports Football and Celtic TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What a * mess we’ve got ourselves into. Even if we go out and sign four quality players to just throw them straight into a game at Ibrox with team mates they’ve barely had a chance to talk to is an accident waiting to happen. The board need * shooting for allowing this to happen it’s not as if we’ve not all seen this movie before, it’s sickening that this has been allowed to happen AGAIN. These * are inept and should be nowhere near running an institution like Celtic.

Mickmac, McKagan, Dan Breen and 6 others like this.
  2. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Dunno why everyone is so worried about this. The huns are a pish side, much worse than us. And a 2-0 win over a half-arsed Ross County does nothing to convince me otherwise.

Our biggest problem is our inability to break down a side that's parking the bus, which the huns definitely won't do at home to us. The fact they think that we're pish just now will only work in our favour.

We've shown signs that we can put our attacks together very quickly when teams come into our half. And we've got players that torment them in Kyogo and Abada.

My only worry is our injury problem at CB, especially if we have to play Scales. I'd put Iwata in there if no one else is able to make it.

3-0 to the Ghood Ghuys :ynwacelti

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

They’re terrible but we are in a bit of a state with injuries and lack of signings to replace first team players, so it’s pretty 50/50.

Football is so fickle though and win here will have us all back on side. Today was pish but fkn * it shoudve been 3-0 at HT.

Think their * team will massively underestimate this after their mighty 2-2 win v PSV and beating Ross County. They’ll think they just need to turn up.

Hammy89 and NomDePlum like this.
  4. Mr Diggler

Get a grip man.

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. Mr Diggler

8 days before this with a CL draw and transfer deadline day. Far too early for predictions. So I am going 1-1.

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Win next week is what's needed. They've looked weak a number of times already this season. More than possible.

Luis1967 likes this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Would * a draw if offered now, but our team gives me the fear.

Couldn't believe the score today.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    You need to stay off the drugs we are total dugshite

The Phoenix and Sonic Reducer like this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

They look better in every department just now and they're pish in every department..

The Phoenix, BhoyFitz and neilly1987 like this.
  10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Whoever is less * will win. Both * sides atm tho

Hammy89, Rydo1888* and neilly1987 like this.
  11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yup. It’s actually come at a decent time for us in a way. Win and it’ll absolutely destroy them, draw and we are the happier team. Lose and it’ll hurt but end of the day we will be 2 pts behind with 34 games to go, new signings to get going, key players to come back from injury so it’ll be more then salvageable.

Heavy defeat will be stomach churning but don’t see that happening. We look good going forward when we aren’t playing against a low block (County, Aberdeen, Bilboa, Wolves).

NomDePlum likes this.
  12. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The onus is on them to attack at home with no away fans, so we could get some joy off their full backs again. I don't trust us to keep a clean sheet, but they can be got at too.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  13. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We'll find out next week :50:

14. Goggzy60

i think it's gonna be 2-1 to either side, with a new CB, Palma and Iwata starting, it could be us winning but i'm scared we will be beat.

15. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    We know exactly how they will play, even Rodgers knows it bcoz he's seen it before.

Micky Mole's tactics have been the same since slippys time.

433 with midfielder (* well) as 1 of the wide 3. He'll tuck in and make it a diamond in midfield and opposite wide player (formerly Kent/likely Sima) will play up top beside 1 of their diddy strikers.

It's the only tactic they have, crowd midfield and swamp Mcgregor.

Our problem is we've either had managers too stubborn or too tactically inept to change formation to deal with it. Aye Ange, beat them when it mattered last year but given gulf in teams, they should of all been far more comfortable.

Rodgers old style of play from his 2nd treble season would be perfect for here, he actually spoke about it during his 1st interview with Celtic Tv when he was reappointed....how he set up 4231 defensively but was 3421 offensively.

Was hoping the return of AJ would of let us see it today but nah, he stuck with his boring as * 4231.

What made us so good under him, particularly in his 1st 18 months was his flexiblity and fluidity in his lineups.

The key to that style was Tierneys ability to play as a wingback and Sinclair or Mcgregors ability to move inside from left wing. It's obviously a * of a lot harder with Taylor and Maeda but hopefully those issues will be addressed this week, altho maybe a bit too soon for Sunday.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  16. BhoyFitz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song
    From what I saw of them yesterday, I have to say they looked a lot better than we were. However, a couple of decent signings for us and a rough night in Holland for them could make a difference. Right now, though, I’d gladly take a draw.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
    Lewis Kerr likes this.
  17. Wizard of Oz

One of our most noticeable issues this season is we've been unable to play out from the back when pressed and punt it long too.

18. wulliebad

Staying a * mile away from this game,its going to be messy and even more so if there is no players in by then and we drop points.....* board.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

I fear the worst and I feel as if it's blindingly obvious how it plays out they will kick the * out of us we wont stand up to it and we wont be able to handle the high balls in to the box. It has the potential to be the worst Celtic Rangers game in history 2 bad teams slinging * at each other

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    First name on their teamsheet will be that Scouse savage, Lundstram.
    No way would I play Turnbull against them, need Iwatta or Holm in midfield.

BhoyFitz likes this.