1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Taylor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Greg Taylor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G40B

I’m totally behind the objective praise being made. Comments about him playing well for a limited player are bang on, in my option.

It’s the hyperbole I’m getting at - things like other players being thrown under the bus to defend him and endless posts about how ‘excellent’ he was in games with no elaboration.

A similar thing happened with Mooy, but it appears to have been nipped in the bud since the St Mirren defeat. I anticipate the same will eventually happen with Taylor.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  2. ynwa1987

There are lots of posts commenting on how excellent he was because he has been excellent this season, he is a class player to have in Anges system.

As for the game last night I am actually re watching it because I couldnt watch it all last night, he was one of our better players and cut open their defense 3 times in the first half with passes.

Mickmac and Liam Scales like this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Looked like he was having a go at Jenz a wee bit at half time when they where coming off.

Anybody else see it?

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

There was a few times first half when Taylor was cornered in by the press and Jenz wasn’t quick enough to get in a position to give Taylor an option.

Dan Breen and apevrak like this.
  6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Maybe he was telling him to sharpen up, need more players with that attitude

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The * loathes Celtic fans. Seriously weird individual.

Liam Scales, Dannybhoy81 and snails67 like this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Taylor has been performing well for a while now and he deserves the praise. This isnt the first big game Taylor has played well in and he continues to show great attitude and desire on the football pitch. He also gave a good showing for Scotland when he played.

He deserves praise in his own right so lets not undermine him. Limited or not, he has been steady for us.

neilly1987 and Mickmac like this.
  9. Aidan O’Shea

So do I, tbf.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Respect

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Loathes them? Has this got to do with him supposedly being a Rangers fan? I was opposed to him signing based on those rumors, but the guy has been giving his 100%, as if he were from our academy.

12. EddieBhoy1986

I believe they were referring to the poster not to Greg Taylor.

13. stew37

You're choking for it to happen.

14. G40B

It’s inevitable.

I’d be flabbergasted if it’s not Bernabei starting on Saturday. Folk will claim it’s Taylor being rested, but it’ll continue to be Bernabei as long as he plays as he did last weekend.

15. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Thought Taylor had a good shift defensively on Tuesday but lacked a bit of quality in the final-third. Looking at the stats, most of their attacks came up our left and most of ours went up the right, so kind of bears that out. If you compare a heatmap of him and Juranovic, Taylor's always farther back, he's basically up against it the entire game.

16. ynwa1987

He was really good in the final 3rd he split their defence open 3 times in the first half alone with passes.

He’s not the kind of player to use his pace and hit the byline but he still has attacking contributions in other ways

Liam Scales, Mickmac and FranceCelt like this.
  17. Dip 'n' Swerve

his shooting could improve to take him up a level - been a few games he had good enough chances and not even worked the keeper.

18. ynwa1987

Definitely could do yea but crossing and passing are way more important for a left back especially one whose not as through on goal all that often in the grand scheme of things.

19. Dip 'n' Swerve

he has had plenty of chances in the last month or so...bernabei is starting to settle and find some game time, he is doing good stuff, great going forward and can deliver some tasty cross balls ( the second goal on sat) - taylor has a fight on his hands which is great all players fighting for a starting spot.

has taylor even scored for celtic?

20. EddieBhoy1986

Aye against them. He's a leftback and even in a system like ours his primary role is to defend. Until Bernabei can offer what Greg can defensively the position remains Gregs to loose (on the evidence of saturday he is some way off)

Greg is arguably our player of the season so far, consistent week in week out. Should and will take a lot more than two good games to displace him. Our fans are so fickle it's unreal at times.

Liam Scales likes this.