1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gigs Thread

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by greengrocer, Mar 9, 2012.

Discuss Gigs Thread in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Going to see Kings of Leon in Marlay Park on Saturday, almost ten years to the day since I saw them in the same venue.

Can’t wait.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Stevie Nicks on Saturday for me. A living legend, may be the last time we have an opportunity to see her on these shores.

I’ve seen them numerous times and I still don’t know if I like them live or not. They’re a bit meh live, I suppose this new gloss they’re putting on themselves from a marketing POV is an attempt to shake that off. They have some class tunes though that’s undeniable.

3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Funnily enough, when I went ten years ago with my mates we had all been to see The Killers the year before and all agreed KOL weren’t a patch on them live. And I’d have been saying that as someone who listens to KOL nearly every day, but rarely The Killers.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Just back from Glastonbury. What a place is all the can be said.

The National, Coldplay and LCD Soundsystem all exceptional. Can’t lie and say I didn’t enjoy Dua Lipa as well - put on a brilliant show.

One of the best things is the variety of music and getting lost in small stages listening to random music.

Watched James on one of the main stages and then stumbled into a tiny stage with a DJ who was belting out Celtic Symphony, Wee White Turban of the PLO and Amhran na bhfiann

Thought I was in a parallel universe up the Gallowgate for a bit

The Prof, Taz and PaulM1888 like this.
  5. stew37

Saw KOL at the Hydro last night. Really enjoyed it but would have loved to have heard 1 or 2 more songs from the first album. Understand them playing their new stuff from their new album, and liked hearing their new songs live, but think they only played Molly's Chambers from their first album, which is prob still my favourite of theirs.

6. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Was over in Glasgow in June to watch Billy Talent at the Barrowlands. They were * amazing live