1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] General Chat

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Jul 8, 2014.

Discuss General Chat in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stew37

Was ready to take the plunge and get the PS5 but was actually having a look at the charts and there's honestly * all that would really interest me, at least in terms of newish games. Are there any absolutely must have games for the PS5 that folk here would recommend, specifically sports or driving games?

2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The games industry has become stale AF, I've played on PC since 2002 wouldn't go back to console (nothing to do with games just personal choice)

Games these days are being designed for xplatform, really watering down the quality, where its more about resolution, looks and 60fps gaming. Story, substance and actual playability is a second thought.

Developers would rather sell an unfinished game at £70 then push out either DLC or skins/lootboxes to fill the void they've left by rushing the game out. What was a free patch in the early days is now called dlc you need to pay for, just to fix something that should have been done before release. Your paying more for less now, it's a horrible industry now sadly.

As for driving games Gran Turismo 7 and NFS unbound are your go-to games atm, Assetto Corsa is more suited to realism if thats what your looking for. Being a pc gamer I'm blessed with being able to play any decent title. Love Forza Horizon(xbox) but also love playing a bit of iRacing when I can be arsed setting up the steering wheel and pedals.

Fully87 likes this.
  3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Picked up evil west for the series x and The Punisher on the original xbox that's the next 2 on my list

Artorias likes this.
  4. stew37

Im maybe just not as into it as I used to be. There were loads of games I used to play on the PS1 and 2 back in the day, but not much interests me now.

I'm aware of GT but will check out the other ones cheers.

Noskeil likes this.
  5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Happens with age fella, when I played pro CoD UO I would finish work at 5, be in the house for 5.30pm, played matches until 3am religiously. Now when I boot up CoD I can play about 3 or 4 warzones or maps then I'm bored oot ma * haha

stew37 likes this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

Since we moved in to our new house I've got a wee man cave and I tend to find my self playing more of the 360 ps2 and megadrive than I do of the series X the new games tend to take an age to complete where as the older single player games you can complete in a few sittings. I only use the series X for the occasional game of fifa and skygo

Bangarangura and Noskeil like this.
  7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Old school Final Fantasy 7 on the PlayStation was an epic of a game, you werny completing that on a Bank Holiday weekend anyway haha

Might be nostalgia but I always hope with the current trend of remakes they put CoD on Unreal 5 or 6, game was so good in its simplicity

James likes this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Completed Gotham Knights, really enjoyed it, because there was a mix of characters and little mini stories to them, could possibly say story wise I possibly favoured it more than the Arkham Games, maybe the fighting wasn't as good, but good game.

littlekennie likes this.
  9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Playing Callisto Project just now. Pretty decent so far, only thing is fighting groups of them seems a bit button bashing.

Also got World Championship Boxing Manager 2, tbh wish they'd kept the original fight type, not too keen on the whole SNES boxing graphics for fight.

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Callisto Project really enjoying, although it's on a easy setting (think it is anyway, dismemberment mode) still * hard.

I know the girl is from The Boys, the warden Ferris is guy who played the guy from Days Gone and Force unleashed, knew the main guy Jacobs face and thought it was a film, but turns out it was out of COD, lol

11. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Noskeil and Artorias like this.
  12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Completed callisto protocol, it wasn't too bad.

See a dlc came out which added to the story (* hate when they start that pish), but decided just to watch online as I'm not paying £12 for a 2 hour long addition.

13. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Had 3 days of work managed to complete 2 games from my backlog Ghost Of Tsushima and Miles Morales. Miles Morales was a fun enough couple of hours but Ghost Of Tshushima was absolute epic its now in my all time favourite list. A hear people all the time creaming about Unreal 5 but Decima and the Insmoniac engine are a lot better in my opinion.

Noskeil likes this.
  14. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A must be the only one on the planet that does not rate the Unreal engine too highly, Unreal 5 has the same streaming texture issue from earlier iterations of the engine in games like Unreal Tournament and Gears Of War released in 1999 and 2006. My other problem with the engine is around 60 percent of current games in development are using it and a think it means we are going to be seeing a lot games looking to similar to each other.

15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Oh totally agree, Unreal is 'the safe' way out, and we'll over used. Think it's ease to use and cost effectiveness makes Developers flood to it. You need these other studios to keep raising the bar using other tools to make them.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    Fully87 likes this.
  16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Stopped playing CoD about 10 years ago but got back into it during lockdown playing MW multi and Wz for a couple of months. Went on it yesterday for a few games as I was bored for the first time since, is a decent game tbf just not the same as it once was.

Would love a remaster of Mw2. Was just so much better and simpler.

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone still play the 360 ? I find myself playing it more than any other console the now. Back in the day I only ever played fifa or cod but there is loads of dirt cheap games that are really good and haven't aged all that much

18. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Just saw that Sony are jacking up their online subscription prices. Just incase anyone has Auto renewal on for it.

19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Quite a jump too;

Current prices are (For the UK)

Essential £49.99
    Extra £83.99
    Premium £99.99

Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
    79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
    134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
    159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

dbhoy72 and Conjuring_Obey like this.
  20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Now onto A Plague Tale Requiem, enjoyed the first one so see how this goes.