1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FM - Glory Hunter

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Slaw, Mar 1, 2024.

Discuss FM - Glory Hunter in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Season 7 - Bayern Munich

Transfers

In: Brought in 3 regens, one on loan and two for £15m each.
    Out: Goncalo Ramos (£88m), Kusi-Asare (£47m), Dedic (£39m)

Low key window for incomings. Punted a few for big money and loads others on loan. Already had a very strong team so just got a few squad players.

What a season!

Won the treble - league, Pokal and Champions League. Doku and Butler tore it up again. Won the league by 5 points. beat Atletico Madrid (my former club) in the CL final and beat Wolfsburg in the Pokal final.

Brilliant to win the treble but the only trophy I was sticking around for was the Pokal, so thankfully that's Germany ticked off the list.

Going to resign and look for a job in England or France. Tough one now is I need to win all the trophies in those leagues, but also the Europa and Conference...

Trophy count - 7/14

Serie A and Coppa Italia
    La Liga and Spanish Cup
    Bundesliga and Pokal
    Champions League

Slaw likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Season 2

Went balls deep with Spurs. Spent £354m in total, sold £174m

In: Werner (£14m), Bergvail (£8.5m already setup before I joined), Abada (£27m), Wirtz (£92m), Zirkee (£53m), Raphina (£55m), Moleiro (£32.5m), Koopmeiners (£71m)

Out: Sessegnon, Forster, Perisic, Dier (all free), Son (£75m), Johnson (£26m), Solomon ((£16m)), Ndomble (£5m), Bentancur (£29m) and a bunch of other squad/reserve players.

Started the season well, bounced around 1st and 2nd, albeit due to having normally played a game more than most folk. Eventually finished 4th though, the form dropped off tail end of the season. Closer to the top spot by points, but City are just too good to topple right now.

Werner is again top scorer for me. Wirtz claimed young player of the year.

Unfortunately it was trophyless though.

I've a decent squad here and think another season or two of small tweaks, we could do the league and/or UCL with a bit of luck.

Keeping an eye on jobs though, as much as I like this team, I don't want to end up 3-4 seasons without a trophy and limiting my time elsewhere for the challenge.
    Will see if I can either grab a big club elsewhere or at worst strengthen the squad. Small bits now, no wholesale changes and see if the side settles.

Slaw likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Season 3

Disaster.

In:
    Diomande, Frimpong, Molloy and Moukoko.

Out: a load of expiring contracts and wages off the bill.

Went in to the season with about 800k a week spare in the wage department.

Got knocked out of every competition and finished 7th in the league.

Got the sack.

Annoyingly so, as this spurs aide would walk the Conference League that we secured for European football and would have been something ticked off.

Now in the midst of hunting down the job market.
    Doubt I'll get a big club in England this summer, so will look to the continent and see if I can do a season or 2 somewhere to tie off more trophies.

Still just the one FA cup the name.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Season 6

Planned on staying with Bayern unless a top job came up, but a few other jobs came up and thought I’d take a risk. Needed to go back to England at some point, so decided to go somewhere with a decent squad and decent funds.

Brighton. Bit of a risk since it’s more of a project, but backed myself to sneak into the Conference League and maybe run at the Carabao Cup.

They had a lot of deadwood. Sold £154m in total and spent the same.

Sacked by November. Never seen anything like it. I had Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United (twice, league and cup), Liverpool and Spurs. Board must be out their minds. A complete waste of a season! Nobody in the hierarchy was sold, nobody was upset at the start of the season. Very strange. The likes of Joao Pedro and Billy Gilmour were still there.

Transfers In: Paulinho (£40.5m), Victor Kristiansen (£31.5m), Edson Alvarez (£16.5m), Matt O’Riley (£16m), Francisco Trincao (£13m), Davide Calabria (£12.5m), Ben Doak (Loan), Alexander Nubel (Loan), Lucas Jetten (Loan)

Transfers Out: Van Hecke (£65m - Liverpool), Lennard Maloney (£29m - Al-Ettifaq), Julien Araujo (£20m - Real Sociedad), Jose Juan Macias (£15m -Damac), Anel Ahmedhodzic (£12.5m - Al-Tai) and a few others under £10m.

Running total: 5/14 trophies

(Premier League) x2
    (FA Cup)
    (Champions League)
    (Bundesliga)
    (DFB Pokal)

Slaw likes this.
  5. Slaw

Why would you ever stay on with Bayern? Just to build your resume a bit?

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye maybe get offered a biggy, rather than just taking a job. There wasn’t much happening. * it anyway :giggle1:

Slaw likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Had quite an interesting two seasons (well season and a half). Shall update later.

Slaw likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Season 8

After completing Germany, I resigned to look for a French or English club. Brutal because that Bayern team was incredible.

Went half a season without joining a team. Had a few options, like Chelsea and Marseille but the finances were poor and/or can't stand the club.

Come February time, I eventually got the Monaco job! They were 11th in the league and out of Europe, but in the quarter finals of the Coupe de France, with PSG already knocked out. Great chance for a cup.

Took them to 6th in the league, so Europa League football next season. More importantly, got into the cup final against Lille...where I won 1-0! Another trophy checked off the list.

Well placed for a full season at the club, with Europa League football and a chance to go for the title...albeit PSG are ridiculous and won the league by a country mile.

Trophy count - 8/14

Serie A and Coppa Italia
    La Liga and Spanish Cup
    Bundesliga and Pokal
    Coupe de France
    Champions League

Peej and Slaw like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Season 9 - AS Monaco

A full season for Monaco with plenty to play for.

Transfers

In: Marcinho (£7m), Sjoquist (£16m), Howard (free), Kari (free), Drakos and Coleman (loan to buy).
    Out: Sakota (£19.5m) and a bunch of young players for cheap fees.

Didn't have much to spend, but ended up getting two regens with bags of potential for combined fee of £23m, and another one on a free from Bayern (my old team).

Finished 3rd in the league, behind PSG and Nice. It was close between us and Nice but I was never going to overthrow PSG. Got to the cup final again but this time lost against, you guessed it...PSG. Believe it or not but one of my best players was Odin Thiago Holm!

However, more luck in the Europa League. Got to the final, beating PSV, Lazio and Brighton on the way there. Feyenoord in the final, who I beat 3-1 to lift the Europa League.

Problem now was I was again only getting about £15m to spend in the summer and I had a few areas to improve on. To get anywhere near PSG I'd need a lot more money than that.

Saw the Liverpool job was available, so applied for it and got it. I'll need to come back to France again but for now, it's Liverpool and the EPL.

Trophy count - 9/14

Serie A and Coppa Italia
    La Liga and Spanish Cup
    Bundesliga and Pokal
    Coupe de France
    Europa League
    Champions League

Peej likes this.
  10. Slaw

Officer Doofy and Peej like this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I feel France is gonna need to be straight to PSG and run riot, or take a smaller club for the cup run and a shot at Europa, before catching PSG eye for this one.

Not sure it's worth risking 3-5 years building a team in France to win it without PSG. Limits time elsewhere if needed.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, bit scummy but feels like PSG are a must - or get lucky with a team that has money behind it. Thought Monaco would but they were fairly skint.

Same with Liverpool actually. Only got a budget of around £13m and we’re overspending on wages.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I noticed this in England when picking a team to start this with.
    United had * all and a basket case.
    Spurs started with little as well but able to generate money.

Eventually was around 100m a season starting budget though.

City is the hard one to topple, much like PSG I guess. But would think your arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool's will have enough in the game to over throw them.

Conference will be tough for you I think, you may need to conquer England with Liverpool, get the psg job to complete France, then find a team that's truly mid table somewhere and try not to be too good in the league but good enough to make conference.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Season 7

Went until March with no clubs coming free, then Man United came up. But I wasn’t successful. Leipzig came calling, but don’t need Germany.

Barcelona and Fiorentina came up in June. I was favourite for Fiorentina and Xavi favourite for Barca.

Like Bayern I told Barca I would withdraw from other applications for them and they gave me the job. On to Spain!

Barcelona. £509m to spend. But the team is sensational. Pedri and Noah Darvich in CM, De Jong sitting. Yamal and Ansu Fati wide. A really good regen up top from Indonesia. Even Calvin Ramsey is here. The squad isn’t big, reckon 2 or 3 signing and just go for it.

Transfers In:
    Gvardiol (£180m), Saliba (£179m), Madureira (Regen - £68m), Uludag (Regen - £61m)

Transfers Out:
    Pirola (£50m - Man City), Perkovic (£38.5m - Juve), Ousmane Dembele (£5m - Al-Ittihad)

Got knocked out the cup by a team called Zamora in the 4th tier… finished 2nd Behind Atletico and pumped out the CL by Reald Madrid.

We Go Again.

Running total: 5/14 trophies
    (Premier League) x2
    (FA Cup)
    (Champions League)
    (Bundesliga)
    (DFB Pokal)

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Season 8

Stayed at Barca of course. Desperate to knock out the league and cup double.

Transfers In: Benjamin Sesko (£135m), Vitinha (£42.5m), David Raya (£1.6m), Savvas Michail (Regen - £40m), Juan Mendoza (Regen - £55m)

Transfers Out:
    Jules Kounde (£18m - Spurs)

Won the league by 2 points. Real Madrid drew to Bilbao on the last day and bottled it. They did knock me out the cup though.

We did batter PSG 3-0 in the CL final.

My regen boy from Indonesia, Bambang Ridwan running the show with 32 goals. Noah Darvich is ridiculous though. 22 goals and 22 assists.

Keeping an ok pace to finish the challenge, but the League Cups really are a time waster if you get papped out. I’ve not even had a crack at Europa or Conference yet.

Running total: 6/14 trophies
    (Premier League) x2
    (FA Cup)
    (Champions League) x2
    (Bundesliga)
    (DFB Pokal)
    (La Liga)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Season 9

Stayed at Barca again to get the League Cup and * Spain off forever.

Transfers In: Noah Vercammen (Regen - £98m), Luka Vuskovic (£88m)

Transfers Out:
    Vitinha (£35m - Al-Nassr)

Won Copa del Rey, thank *. 4-1 in the final against Getafe.

Man City put us out the CL in the Semi Final, no repeat.

The league came down to the last day v R. Madrid for the 2nd year in a row. Us v Betis away and Real have Oviedo away. Madrid are only 1 goal ahead on GD.

Betis took the lead, worst start possible. Darvich then equalised as Madrid Oviedo stayed 0-0. Are they going to bottle it again? Nope, Jude and Rodrygo score. We draw and goals don’t matter.

But at least the league was already ticked off! Fati, Ridwan, Sesko and Darvich all over 20 goals for the season. The team is still relatively young and full of monsters. But that’s the end of the Barca run as I resign!

Running total: 7/14 trophies
    (Premier League) x2
    (FA Cup)
    (Champions League) x2
    (Bundesliga)
    (DFB Pokal)
    (La Liga)
    (Copa del Rey)

Slaw and Peej like this.
  17. Slaw

Been busy as * boys, will try to get a season played over the next few days, maybe tomorrow

Been a good contest so far. Going to get tough for the run in, with no big jobs coming up sometimes

MacEwan likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Season 10 - Liverpool

Tranfers

In: Perisic (£15m), Leozinho (£18m), Bremer (loan to buy for £8.75m)
    Out: Alexander-Arnold (£6m), Nunez (£29m), Theate (£29m), Doak (£49.5m), Lynch (£47m)

Sold a lot and brought in very little. Somehow Liverpool's finances are so bad that I'm only getting a third of transfer income to put into my transfer budget. Shambles.

Anyway, turned into a pretty * season overall. Finished 2nd in the league which was decent, behind a rampant Man Utd team.

Lost in the Europa League final against Lyon. Knocked out of the FA Cup by * Oxford United (my assistant decided to change the entire starting XI to my reserves for some reason). And knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Newcastle.

So trophyless and essentially a wasted season. Doubt I'll have the finances to really push for the league next season so need to hope I get the FA Cup.

Trophy count - 9/14

Serie A and Coppa Italia
    La Liga and Spanish Cup
    Bundesliga and Pokal
    Coupe de France
    Europa League
    Champions League

Slaw likes this.
  19. Slaw

Sorry boys, I’ll keep tipping away at this whenever I get a chance but it’s gonna take me a while. I’ve been living on the road the past couple of weeks, no free time at all right now unfortunately. We’ll finish up eventually :50:

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Season 11 - Liverpool

Transfers

In: Bremer (£19.5m), Bertotto (£22m), Rui Goncalves (£44m), Badaoui (£31m), Neubauer (£22m)
    Out: Robert (£38.5m), Griffiths (£24m)

A few players ran out of contract so ended up getting a lot of wages back and adjusted budgets to give me a reasonable budget but nothing spectacular. Spent all the money on younger wonderkid types and one ready made quality CM.

Won the Carabao Cup, beating Arsenal 3-1 in the final. Knocked out of the FA Cup by Man Utd, and out of the CL at the QFs by PSG.

Most importantly...I won the Premier League! Finished 4 points ahead of Man Utd who appear to have lost their best goal scorer to injury during the second half of the season.

Hopefully just one more season in England to get the FA Cup...

Trophy count - 11/14

Serie A and Coppa Italia
    La Liga and Spanish Cup
    Bundesliga and Pokal
    Coupe de France
    Premier League and Carabao Cup
    Europa League
    Champions League

Slaw likes this.