1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Euro 2024

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Cena, May 26, 2024.

Discuss Euro 2024 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

You wouldn’t even expect that level of arrogance from Ronaldo. Hope the little * gets what’s coming to him.

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Think it's undisputed that the French have the best squad at the tournament.

Squads wins titles.

3. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    ah * never realised that, woulfd have been a cracking final I reckon.

Hammy89 likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

France probably have the best squad, but their biggest obstacle is the manager.

Germany have the best manager at the tournament and Spain are comfortably playing the best football.

Would be happy to see either of those two win it.

5. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Central defender errors made it closer than it should’ve been. Here Cubarsi would’ve been the smarter selection but happy he is only going to play in the Olympics

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  6. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

On paper they should have beat Denmark, Slovenia and Slovakia in 90 mins. But they’re no because they’re *.

The thing is they have the tools within their squad to come alive at any point but with Southgate’s stubbornness it looks like it’ll never happen. Switzerland will beat any version of England at this tournament apart from the first 20 mins against Serbia.

NakamuraTastic, Hammy89 and FCBarca like this.
  8. PaddyJamieson

I'll say it again, I think the French squad is overrated. Take out Mbappe and I think they're just a good side, nothing special. Thuram and Dembele flatter to deceive big-time, I'd take Spain's or Germany's wingers or even Bernardo Silva/Leão over them. Central midfield, aye Griezmann can be class but he can also go missing very easily. Rabiot and a 32 yo Kante? Good, not great. Again, give me Spain, Germany or Portugal's midfield over them. Not convinced by the keeper or Kounde at right back.

For me Spain Germany and Portugal have the stronger squads. Add in to that France's manager, and I just do not see the fuss.

9. StevieBhoooy!

The big worry is that England have such an easy ride to the final - not that they’ve made it look easy so far…

… but it means they won’t meet any of the big guns until the final shoukd they reach it. We all know what can happen in a one match knockout final though.

It’s going to be down to Germany or Spain to do them.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That Germany Spain match will be brilliant. Can't wait for this one. I don't think England create enough to get to the final even though on paper they should beat anyone on that side. They'll reach the semis imo and the pressure will be to much.

Spain seem to be weak on the counter, Germany is great on the counter. Gonna be a cracking game. I wouldnt count Portugal out either. Ronaldo is just a * but has that type of luck to ride them to the end.

11. murphy88

France may well beat Belgium tonight, and they should given the players they have. I don’t think it will be a thumping though. Not sure France have got that in them based on what I’ve seen from them so far.

12. Onefootwonder

England are fluking this tournament.

The TV coverage last night was unbearable. I think the pressure and abuse from the fans and the pundits is really getting to the players.

cidermaster and NakamuraTastic like this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Spain will cause every team problems but they've not been tested at the back yet. Germany will be a huge test for them. If they knock out the hosts you've got to imagine they will go all the way.

As for England, luck or not they simply cannot win a tournament playing like that. The Swiss have good players all across the pitch and have played well as a team so I'd genuinely put them down as favourites for that game. Just can't see them turning up in a pressurised game like a Semi or Final and pulling it off. They're too slow and negative in their play.

Feel like France v Belgium will be a bore fest.

cidermaster and NakamuraTastic like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I cannot stand the *..

15. Mr. Slippyfist

I seen a slo-mo clip of him after he scored that goals when he's being surrounded by his teammates - he looks at the crowd and mouths "Who else".

What an absolute chutney ferret :56:

16. SkyeCelt

If England dropped Kane, Foden and Saka and replaced them with Toney (who I think can actually run) Gordon and Palmer then I think they'd be much more likely to get far in the tournament.

Or put someone up front with Kane who can do the running and draw the defenders out of position.

17. StevieBhoooy!

That Pickford has all the charisma of a mouldy yoghurt…..

…. and probably a lower IQ.

The_Bhoy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  18. SkyeCelt

He seems to think he's in the RAF during the war with the amount of brylcreem he uses.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    A complete and utter bawbag of a boy who's been playing to the gallery big time..

Every 2 seconds he's whipping up the crowd when they get a corner or throw in. Done it in Serbia game as well barging in to * left right and centre like he's a big shot. A dirty * as well..

Hope someone goes right through him..

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Genuinely can't stand Bellingham. Great player but utter *.

eire4, Moustache and NakamuraTastic like this.