1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Elden Ring

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Idioteque, Mar 20, 2022.

Discuss Elden Ring in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Yeah I've played a NG+ since I beat it. Absolutely unbelievable game. I'm usually more of a COD or Assassins Creed etc type gamer but this game was incredible. Only Souls game I've played actually so I'm probably missing out on other masterpieces.

Idioteque and MacEwan like this.
  2. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Has anyone downloaded the DLC?

It is absolutely ruthless!

3. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I have but I have to start a new game. At the end of my initial run I went into NG+. Annoyed at myself, never thought of the DLC at the time.

bhoy_wonder likes this.
  4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    As far as I know there are only two bosses that you need to beat to access the dlc. One being Mohg.

Artorias likes this.
  5. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    My pal in work told me, I am playing through with a guide to speed it up. My initial playthrough was 200hrs I am murder for taking ages in games. By the end I was desperate to get it done. Was dreading starting again but loving it and that way I cannae wait to get back on when life gets in the way.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s * hard.

7. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Yea it isn’t easy at all. Only a few hrs in. Managed to get my scadutree level up to 4 but still getting my * handed to me by the dancing lion. Think i need to leave him for a bit, explore and get some new weapons & armour more suitable for this location.

8. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Finished the DLC if you can even call it that considering its basically the size of a full dark souls game.

Enjoyed it probably even more than the main game. I went into it on NG+ although I did a run through of the main games questline again so I wouldn't be under levelled for the dlc only to find out the dlc scales to your level and you get stronger by collecting the scudatree fragments which I like to be fair because it pushes you to explore the world to find them.

It was tough at the beginning but once I found more fragments it became more manageable, really enjoyed experimenting with the new weapons and builds the dlc gives you and I would urge others to experiment aswell, I usually stuck to the same weapon/build in the main game and trying out different things in the dlc made me realise how much I was missing out on.
    Didn't find any of the bosses that crazy difficult and whenever I did struggle I used the mimic and it was easy street after that although I will say the last boss was absurd to the point it felt unfair at times, forced me to change my build to try and brute force my way past it which eventually worked.

Definitely one of if not the best DLCs ever realeased.