1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Kelly

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Mar 24, 2022.

Discuss Daniel Kelly in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Some of our younger players in the past have a good record at Tynecastle. McGeady scored on his debut there for example.

I think we'll go with Bernardo, but I hope to see him feature at some point.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    At Parkhead this was under O’Neill I think, a load of youngsters and Larsson who I think was coming back from an injury and was there for match fitness. And we * smashed them.

Game had one of my favourite ever Larsson moments though, a wee moment that summed up why he was operating at the level he was. We were 4/5 up I think, youngsters got smug stopped working and he sprinted back and made a slide tackle in our box, turned passed and sprinted back upfield while shouting at the youngsters to * move.

And that man, showed a small part of what he was and why he was as good as he was. His standards were his standards and nobody around him never mind Henrik himself were allowed to not work to making sure they standards were upheld at all times,

Come to think of it, that’s what Ange made sure to instill from his first we don’t stop training session, and what we’ve been missing a lot of this year

Callum McGregor and NomDePlum like this.
  3. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Was mcgeadys debut not a 1-0 at tynecastle where he scored the winner? Maybe it was at Parkhead but I thought was a 1-0 game.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Be mental to start him at their midden but he may have a role to play at some point.

If Cal doesn’t make it we just have to hope Bernardo rolls his form back several weeks to when he was flying after the Huns game.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Where's he fae?

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

the academy

snails67 likes this.
  7. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    EK I think

8. jj81

Cork

9. KuhntryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Matt O'Riley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
    I'd be happy to see him start, but equaly happy if we go with Bernardo and bring him on later.

But he realy needs to feature at some point to keep his development going.

10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

He will feature at some point and even though he looked really good he’s too inexperienced to start this game I think. Imagine he started and we dropped points, people would lynch rodgers for the decision. Bernardo has proved he can play in the big games, yes him and O’Riley are similar and lack pace but they’re also both calm and can control the game well. Bernardo presses a lot too I think he will be the right choice if cal doesn’t make it

honda likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are closing in on a new deal for youngster Daniel Kelly.

The teenager is out of contract at the end of the season but the club have now tabled an extension. Celtic want to tie the teenager down long-term and are confident of agreeing a deal. The 18-year-old has managed to break through into Brendan Rodgers’ team in recent weeks and made an instant impact, claiming his first senior goal, in the recent Premiership rout of Dundee.

Kelly has been a regular in Celtic’s B and Under-18 sides and is highly rated. He has been linked with German outfits Bayer Leverkusen and RB Leipzig and interest in England but his preference is to stay at Parkhead. Celtic are keen to get Kelly’s future sorted out, rather than running the risk of losing him for training compensation at the end of the season.

The Glasgow giants have lost the likes of Ben Doak, Aidan Borland and Roy Mahady to big English clubs in recent seasons and are keen to avoid another repeat. Celtic remain in talks with Liam Scales and Rocco Vata over new deals. Offers are on the table for both but neither player is any closer to an agreement at this stage.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope he signs. We need to be doing our best to keep our home grown talent.

Lost far too many in recent years though some through no fault of our own.

Dannybhoy81, Hammy89 and bhroom like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He'll deffo sign it i think..

Signed before when he could've had his pick and getting first team game time already for his boyhood team..

He's gonna be class..

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And him getting a chance being in and around the team, without it happening when we’re talking contracts and trying to prove we’re the right choice for him.

When it happens when we open talks it looks like that’s the only reason he’s involved and disingenuous.

Get him a new contract, back him, keep bedding him into the team. He’s not looked out of place when he has.

Just a bit of paper talk there but the two teams linked, RBL and Bayer Leverkusen are both excellent at developing youngsters and both, more so Leipzig, have proven that the scouting network for young exceptional talent is to be trusted and spot on. If we’re talking contracts, I’d use that as confirmation he’s in the right place, because at the very start of his first team career, he’s developing that much he’s getting noticed from teams that have a track record of showing they have that judgement. And that’s the very start of it, he keeps doing what he’s doing, we’ll bring out better, and more opportunities. Whether it’s big contract here for Celtic, or developing him into a big fee to a big team with a big contract. We’re doing this one right so far.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hammy89 likes this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    This is massive.

We do produce good youngsters. We've had some move to Liverpool, Bayern Munich etc. We need to show young players that this is the right club for them.

Kelly looks to have potential and he could be more than just a good player for us. He could be the benchmark in stopping players going to a Villa or a Leeds and nurture their growth at Celtic. He could be the evidence we need when trying to attract other youngsters to show that we do give youth a chance and it'd be good for their development.

I'd love us to sign Lennon Miller and have a young Scottish partnership in the middle of the park for the next decade at least.

Born green likes this.
  17. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Needs to get nailed down quickly. Cannot risk losing another youngster to be tempted away for relatively little compensation for a start, but just as importantly, we have Scottish and club trained player quotas for European competition, and Kelly ticks a couple of boxes regarding that also.

Born green and seamus1967 like this.
  18. calmac23

I think another thing that may help us is that a lot of these players who have moved to other clubs, with the exception of Doak, have not really been given any opportunities and have largely stalled in their career.

And while we don’t have a great recent track record of bringing through youth, a lot of that can be attributed to those top talents leaving. Would Heburn have got more opportunities here than he has at Bayern? More than likely.

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that Celtic have held talks with Daniel Kelly over a new contract - as he outlined the first-team pathway for the starlet.

Kelly, Football Scotland recently told you, has been in discussions over a deal extension with the club's hierarchy having made his debut and scored his first senior goal this season. The 18-year-old has made three appearances under the manager so far and the Northern Irishman knows how talented he is and what he can offer his side.

Rodgers always been clear with his plans for the younger players at Parkhead as he hopes to establish a route for them to eventually break into his top team

And with Kelly, that seems to be working right now as the club hope to tie him down long term. Asked how impressed he's been with the young man, Rodgers said: "I've been very impressed. I think it's one of my key tasks here is to try and provide a pathway for our young talents and players to come through into the first-team, so his attitude, commitment, qualities he has, I think he's got a very bright future

I've been really pleased for him. Him and Rocco Vata have both been training about for a period of time and have both shown up really well. Daniel's had the opportunity more than Rocco has but both players have shown quality and more importantly, for me, as young players they're showing that willingness to learn and develop and improve.

"Both players I think have been in talks with the club, but I don't really have any update on that."

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member