1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Poison today but he wasn't alone

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't even understand why we didn't change to 2 up top instead of sticking him right wing where I've never seen him have a good 5 minutes there..

Could've had Yang operating just off them..

He was that * though that it probably wouldn't of mattered..

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

I mean, I've seen worse players play for us but none that got as much time on the pitch as this buffoon.

4. cammy07

We had forrest sitting on the bench too which makes it all the more baffling Maeda got 90 minutes despite being utter *.

He should have been off long before it but the second he shanked that ball 50 yards away from where he wanted to hit it despite finally having the freedom of their park he should have been whipped off.

5. Al Bootyerbaws

That ball he tried to play when we were on the break in the second half sums him up.

6. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I really thought Rodgers returning and his love of creative wingers would have been the end of this * diddy being a starter but here he * is still just running about stupid like my dug down the park.

I get losing Jota has * us a bit but there has been plenty of time to find someone better than him.

Should never be a starting forward at a team like celtic

7. FrankMcCallum

Makes that Sakala look like Neymar.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What a bizarre attempt at fishing :56:

Nah he had arguably his worst ever performance in a Celtic strip. How come?

9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its hard to watch but we have seen it too many times now. He is too technically erratic and i dont think he can be trusted at times domestically let alone in europe.

Im a huge fan of his work ethic and attitude but im not even sure if our own players know what to expect from him sometimes.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think it's pretty simple tbh if we want to improve not only domestically but also in Europe he cannot be starting for us.

Wouldn't have given him a new deal personally. Was underwhelmed at the time and still am.

Just not my kinda player. Maybe as a no9 but certainly not a starting LW.

stevoEOS and Ryanm1984 like this.
  11. Big C

I agree, a very poor player. Never ever ever a No.9. He has no touch, no vision, no passing ability and can’t link the play. Also no teams leaves spaces behind the back 5 for him to run into, before he blooters it out for a throw in.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  12. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Squad player, not a starter.

stevoEOS likes this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    When we first signed him that's what stood out in his video highlights. A lot of his goals or assists came from a wide open pitch against Japanese defences and if Kobayashi is anything to go by then draw your own conclusion of their quality.

He's obviously scored and assisted plenty but we need more. A lot more.

Big C likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

played great up front pre season ,rodgers says he sees him as a striker ,then plays him on the wing :43:

15. Paradise88

He's a back up for kyogo as soon as we hopefully get podence in. Yang will be the back up for podence.

Haksa, needs shipped. Abada not always a starter need a proper right wing, even Ryan Fraser if he plays there if our options are limited.

Kobayashi, tomoki and Kwon I think are duds, or not an improvement on what we have.

Tilio probably a development.

We need a star signing on a Kyogo/Jota level.

16. stevoEOS

Him & Abada both need upgraded on imo. Our midfield is so far off being good enough for Europe & is clearly struggling domestically as well.

17. Maestro 08

Always gonna be the same with him. Games like today highlight how one dimensional he is. Terrific worker but him and Abada as our wingers is torture at times. The least creative wide players we've probably had in our history lol

18. CountyDownFaithful

Pre season confirmed he is a decent back-up option as a ST and at a push, he can come on as a winger when we are defending / protecting a lead.

If there was one moment that sums him up it was yesterday when we got the break of the ball on our 18 yard box with loads of space for a counter and he attempts a World Cup pass that ends up right in their GK hands due to his inability.

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t know what was worse that heavy touch that took him from the penalty spot to the corner flag or when we finally had space to break into he punted it upto their goalie.

20. Foley1888

The punt to the goalie for me, the heavy touch at least came off a deflection.

The punt up the park was the one time in the game he really got the opportunity to do one of the few things he is good at and carry the ball at pace with space in front of him.

I genuinely don’t know why you then opt to try and play a low percentage long ball when the far better option was to drive forward and either get in on goal or play in Yang at that point. It just showed shockingly poor decision making and probably a real lack of self belief.

Luis1967 likes this.