1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations Kosovo!!!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Bar "celona", Feb 17, 2008.

Discuss Congratulations Kosovo!!! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

congrats to that step Mr Q! there was a quite big party in my town, there are about 250 000 kosova albanian living in switzerland :86:

2. Martin

So in reality Kosovo is just another part of Albania with a different name ?

Why was the condition stipulated that Kosovo and Albania could not unite ?

3. MrSunshine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    This would apply only to what we albanians call "Ethnic Albania", otherwise Kosovo and Albania are two different states with no intention of unification.

Mr.Q - You're not alone you know, and I thought I was the only albanian that supported Celtic.

4. Martin

But why, if 95% of Kosovo's population is Albanian, was unification not allowed ?

5. Mr.Q

mate half the f-ing balkan is albania with different names! as for the condition.... the thing is most of the counties that have the remaining albanian parts are frightened of "ethnic albania". in other words they are frightened that the uniting of albania and kosovo will cause the other albanian parts to rebel (in democratic ways or with war) and try to unite with these two states. so the US and EU calmed them down by imposing this condition. although i doubt that we (the albanians) will give up on the idea of being in one big national state (but this idea will most probably have to wait for a while)!

6. Mr.Q

tahnks overkill! i appreciate it! bthw which swiss town do u live in?

7. FOTW

It isn't legal. It would be like if a town in England had a muslim majority and it announced it was suceceding from the UK.

8. Martin

Thanks for your answers fella.

I think in Scotland the situation is quite different though. I honestly believe that Scotland could have independence next week IF enough people wanted it. But there is either an apathy or a fear in the psyche of a large part of Scotland's population which prevents independence.

9. Mr.Q

MrSunshine, i'm glad to have u in TC! haven't seen u around (but that's probably cuz i've been rather busy the past couple of weeks). i'm really glad to have another shqiptar on board! :50:

NA RROFT KOSOVA BIR! :50: :50: :50: :50:

10. Martin

Yes but who who determines whether it is legal ?

The situation you have described isn't really a good comparison. You are describing what would be called an enclave not really a country. It seems a bit daft to have two countries next to each other where one is called Albania (and is largely populated by Albanians) and the neighbouring country is called Kosovo and is 95% Albanian.

Anyway Mr Q and Mr Sunshine have explained the 'why'.

Please tell me that is not you in your avatar.

11. Mr.Q

you still here ye *' hun? beat it! :47:

*' scum!

12. FOTW

The EU. Russia are never going to support this due to the Serbs being their natural allies, so if the EU want to keep Russia happy they won't support it's independence. And no it isn't me, is that you in your avatar?

13. MrSunshine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Unification isn't illegal. Kosovo and Albania aren't the only territories that make-up "Ethnic Albania" - quite alot of land is outside its borders such as Greece (Southern Epirus), Montenegro (Ulcinj, Tivar), parts of Macedonia and the Presevo Valley in Serbia.

It will cause alot of instability for the Balkans and so the UN wouldn't allow such things to happen.

FYI: 20 member states of the EU have/will recognise Kosovo as an independent state.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  14. Martin

I'd had a rough night the night before.

15. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

have many albianan and kosova mates. I'm from schwyz. your next national goalkeeper will be a personal mate of mine perhaps :icon_mrgreen:

16. Mr.Q

ye *' dumb *! :31: if the EU decides whats legal and what not than why did gb, germany, france, italy (otherwise known as europes big 4) recognize kosovo as an independent state?! ur not very clever are ye now? :icon_mrgreen:

17. Mr.Q

let's get him to glasgow if (at any time) the holy one decides to leave (* forbid)! :icon_mrgreen:

18. MrSunshine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
  19. Paddy1957

Fav Celtic Player:
    Roy Keane
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Self-determination for peoples and countries is a right.

20. orthodox_celt

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Kosovo is Serbia, and can not be compared to Scotland, Northern Ireland or Catalunia ... Kosovo is Serbian land since 7th century. If you want to hear our point of view, I will say it in the next post.

KOSOVO IS SERBIA! KOSOVO JE SRBIJA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.