1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Jun 26, 2018.

Discuss Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Toney said he’d knocked us back

2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I think Luis palma is highly overrated and should be nowhere near a Celtic starting 11 of the minimum standard.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Even still, there were folk in here talking him down cause he was playing in League 1, saying Swiss league is a higher standard so we should sign ajeti for less money... one watch of the highlights showed who was a superior player.

4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Amazing how many people continuously overlook the fact Toney decided no, not us. I'm sure the quotes from Toney have been posted several times

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Think that’s defo what’s happening with the 70m we refuse to spend

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Can be the only logical explanation tbh. Either that or hoarding it to pay for completing the bowl at 100m..

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I think all the chat at the start of the summer of how much we were gonna spend and how we would be smashing our transfer record (maybe twice!) etc gave us all so much to get excited about and when it didn’t happen we were all deflated af and quite rightly. I’m not sure of the figures but since then id guess we have spend £20m or thereabouts including Kuhn. With Ange we were about the same I’m sure £20-25m over both windows.

It’s not so much the spending that’s the problem it’s the recruitment it’s self. It’s been awful lately. BR is compiaining about squad size so why are we buying so many duds? Instead of paying what was probably close to £10m for 3 CBs (assuming loan fee/wages for NP) that hardly have kicked a ball for us could we not get one for half that and put the other £5m towards a striker/winger/lb. Instead we buy so many players for 1-3m give them big long expensive contracts and then we can’t shift them as they don’t want to take a pay cut to go and play for some * team elsewhere.

The funds have been there last few windows is my opinion I guess, although I’m sure we could spend more. It’s just the way we use them that’s the problem.

bhroom likes this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Rodgers is notoriously bad at recruitment and that's hurting us.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  9. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I agree the way we have handled it has been dreadful but I dont get the argument of hoarding the money for damages.

1. The maximum payout from city to any victim was 65,000. Even if we pay out double that to all 20 victims it's still less than we just paid for Kuhn.

2 we will have insurance that will most likely pay the damages owed.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sign me up to this.

Dublin Celt and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I wouldn't even say Palma is overrated.

His numbers are decent but I've not seen many people go OTT with him. I think in most years recently he'd have been a bench impact player at best, this season we've relied on his contribution a fair few times. Which says it all.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  12. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He's a decent player and has good numbers but again he falls into that category of signed bcoz scouts thought he was a good player not bcoz he would be a good player in our team.

Signing a slow left winger who cuts inside to play in front of a slow left back who also plays inside was the last thing we needed. Arguably we already had that in Haksa, who mite have turned in similar numbers if given as much game time as Palma. We desperately needed a quick, skillful, creative wide player in the mould of Jota. There was a boy at wolves we were linked with who looked ideal.

13. saltire78

Compensatory figures can fluctuate wildly, especially if a person/company/institution is deemed to have deliberately stalled/mislead in the case. I wouldn't bank on a low pay-out, although I agree it'll not be company ending levels for something so historic. I actually still think there'll be a decision in Celtics favour, personally...

Insurance companies will NOT pay out where criminal liability is established...

Creativecelt likes this.
  14. Sween

This does feel like the only thing that makes sense to me.

Creativecelt likes this.
  15. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I like Aberdeen. We play them next and i hope we maul them. But out of all the other Scottish clubs I actually can say I don't dislike them....like say Hearts or Kilmarnock who I very much do dislike.

I admire their complete anti-hun attitude....not just the club but also Aberdeen City Council who are the only council in Scotland to completely ban orange parades outright.

I think the Huns will be hard pushed this year against Aberdeen for 2nd place and I'd love them to do it

16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Digging that win out is the markers of a team who don’t know when to be beat. Very impressive job from their new manager to say he’s not even had that long to get his tactics right…. When you see down south even after a year ten Haag can’t get it right! It will definitely be a battle for second this year if they can keep it up and there’s also no reason why they can’t beat us on this current form!

martin_d, hiphopaddict and NomDePlum like this.
  17. henriks tongue

Unpopular opinion.
    Daizen Maeda, due to his poor technical ability, is simply not good enough for Celtic and European competition.

He is not alone of course ref Taylor and a few others.

18. Paul Kennedy 'My love for Celtic has been a craze.'

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In what way do you think a decision will go in our favour, mate? We've already agreed to pay compensation and are in the middle of negotiating that.

I hope the survivors find some peace and closure, but I also hope that once it's settled, the club will be free to come out and say their piece. Show support and compassion, demonstrate that we have learned from this, and will continue to lead the way with safeguarding policies. Make it crystal clear why things were handled this way, and take a stand against the scumbag media and fans of other clubs who have loved every minute of this.

Anyone whose reputation has been unfairly questioned must be defended robustly, and anyone who has questions to answer should answer them.

The last thing we should be doing is taking the Michael Jackson or Royal Family approach: throwing money at survivors and hoping that's an end to it.

Creativecelt and NomDePlum like this.
  19. Sween

Ooft. I rate Maeda as one of our best players. If he isn't playing we miss him as much as any other player.

If European competition is measured by success in the champions league then no celtic player is at that level.

20. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I'd love big Samaras in our squad right now